Bug Reports : Alpha 8.0 - Release Candidate 2 + 3

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    READ FIRST: For a proper testing procedure and bug reporting, we recommend the following preparations and workflows:
    1. Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
      Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data
    2. Make sure you are NOT using a custom config!
      Go to this folder and check if only three files are there: Config_Example.ecf, EGroupsConfig.ecf and TraderNPCConfig.ecf: ..Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration
      Remove or delete any other file as long as testing with the release candidates!

3. Avoid resuming any pre-Release Candidate savegame!
      There is a chance that changes we made do not translate to older savegames. Especially for bugs concerning terrain, loot and other playfield configs.
      Best practice: if you run into an issue with a savegame that was started BEFORE a RC has been released, please re-test the issue in a fresh new RC savegame again!

4. Additional Routine: Delete the GAME CACHE when trying to reproduce a bug!
      The game cache saves some presets and may be source of a false positive reports or even be part of the problem. To make sure we have all the infos, please check the following folder when trying to reproduce a but and make a note in your report if the bug still happens AFTER clearing the cache: ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
    5. When running into a ‘Continue or Quit’ (CoQ) message,
      5a. Please go to the LOGS folder ( ...\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs ) , then find the folder with the HIGHEST number, pick the most recent .log file and create a compressed/zip copy of it & attach the compressed copy of the logs to your report!
      5b. Add a description of what you did the last minute BEFORE the CoQ happens. Sometimes a Screenshot sent in with the CoQ is helpful as well!
      5c. If you are playing on a server, do the same, but we might also need the full LOG files form the server.
    -----

BEFORE REPORTING OR EVEN PLAYING, PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL THE FEEDBACK THREADS TO AVOID BUG REPORTS THAT ARE POSSIBLY JUST CHANGES TO GAMEPLAY.

Please report bugs with the Solar System Generator over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-solar-system-generator.37387/

Please report bugs with ControllerSupport/Keymapping over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-controller-and-keymapping.37450

Thanks!

-----
    KNOWN ISSUES
    PLEASE RESET your KEYBINDINGS to fix the SHIFT-F Pickup bug (sry)
    - Going down a steep hill with Player bike can break view (step off the bike should resolve this)
    - Large rocks drop no ores > NOT a bug, but intentional. Please read feedback threads!!
    - Terrain pickable plants becoming uncollectable / Do not regrow
    - Player falling through the world when getting of a motorbike on uneven/mined terrain
    - A docked vessel vanishes if the structure it is docked to is entirely disassembled.
    - Meteors falling before any resource deposits are touched.
    - HV gets locked in place when crossing the Poles
    - Waypoints are not finding the quickest route through polar region
    - After changing playfields the weather is not displayed in the HUD or showing visually until a reload is done.
    - Publicly shared map markers appear in the markers list in other playfields.
    - PC working when the active toggle is off
    - HV's sinking underwater
    - Block orientation reset after opening & closing the player inventory

Should be fixed now, but plz observe:
    - AIPV stops moving when it becomes visible to the player

- Connect to base not working when standing on Terrain close to a BA.
    - [R2T] [MP] Custom device names are not maintained after R2T is used.
    - [R2T] [MP] After R2T is performed any devices that are put back onto the vessel are not put back into the group they were in.
    - Waypoints/Map markers when edited are moved away from where they should be
    - HV harvester is not putting all of the items into the harvest box
    - Not possible to cross the poles on size C2 and C3 planets
    - Vessels taking no damage from POI turrets in SP
    - Hotbar items disappearing
    - Duplicating Survival Constructor
    - Voxel deposits stuck at 1% after being emptied
    - Asteroids, Freighters & Trade stations are being positioned too close to the planet they are orbiting.
    - Invisible vessels for other players after a player moves far away in a vessel & returns
    - Radar is not working when on a motorbike with the radar device in the hotbar <- Works ok when in the player inventory
    - Vessel control panels inaccessible when aiming at them after returning to them
    - Disappearing Terrain Decoration
    - Cannot close Console and Debug options with clicking on the X

=====================================

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022).
    Right click on the Client log & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option. Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Sparrowhawk65

Sparrowhawk65 Captain

Mode: (Survival)

SEED-ID: 7555216

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (Gamestart)

Summary: Started new game with the above seed. Checked out system map using the teleport command. Noticed that there are two planets that seem to be locked out of warping as there are arrows pointing away from them. Picture included below.

Empyrion seed 7555216.jpg

monktk likes this.
  3. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

@Hummel-o-War - Starting in 'Shadow of Starlight' player don't have any armor, on him or in personal locker - and you die, die, die... :)

In 3 starts of 'Dawn of Galaxy' scenario we are wearing armor!

4. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Commander

Mode: (Default Survival)

SEED-ID: 481756

Reproducibility: (maybe)
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (Gameplay)

Summary: When using the chain saw you need to release the button very quickly or else you run the chance of shooting those logs off into space
    for me it's easy to see happen mainly because my reaction time is slower. But I have had to chase the logs a number of times because they shot of away from you.

I had 1 log get shot off so far I gave up looking for it. One other shot straight up never did see it land anyplace.

Edit: Ok it's not my reaction speed. What I have noticed is that logs do this little dance (Road Runner came to mind) on the ground before it shoots off in what ever direction you were facing when the final cut hit the tree. It does happen every tree I cut down just as different speeds the logs shoots off at.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Gepps likes this.
  5. Black Widow

Black Widow Ensign

Hello!
    After this update i can't launch the game with EAC, it gives me an error and sends me to find the solution over the internet wich is not available. the errror is:

GameID: 62 (32bit)

Windows Version: 10.0 (Build 17134)

Error Code: 30005

Process Exit Code: 0h

UUID: 1e9c6c7c-2bef-673e-af73-33d8f9b2193a

Processes list:

adappmgrsvc.exe

armsvc.exe

audiodg.exe

backupnowezsvr.exe

conhost.exe

csrss.exe

ctfmon.exe

dashost.exe

dllhost.exe

dwm.exe

e_s40rpb.exe

e_s40stb.exe

eaclauncher.exe

empyrion.exe

explorer.exe

fontdrvhost.exe

hxtsr.exe

lsass.exe

memory compression

microsoft.photos.exe

msascuil.exe

msmpeng.exe

nissrv.exe

nvcontainer.exe

nvdisplay.container.exe

nvidia web helper.exe

nvtelemetrycontainer.exe

registry

remindersserver.exe

rtkngui64.exe

runtimebroker.exe

searchindexer.exe

searchui.exe

securityhealthservice.exe

services.exe

settingsynchost.exe

sgrmbroker.exe

shellexperiencehost.exe

sihost.exe

skypehost.exe

smartscreen.exe

smss.exe

spoolsv.exe

steam.exe

steamservice.exe

steamwebhelper.exe

svchost.exe

taskhostw.exe

uninstaller.exe

video.ui.exe

wininit.exe

winlogon.exe

wmiprvse.exe

wmpnetwk.exe

wudfhost.exe

Cheers

BW

6. AU518987077

AU518987077 Ensign

Mode: ( Survival)

SERVER NAME: (Sakuya Services)
    SEED-ID: (4132111, 5132111)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (Global)

Summary:
    Seperation of terrain from height map
    Description:
    So far only applicable to a particular terrain stamp we have called "valley" the heightmap of the walking terrain separates from the heightmap of the grass, trees and collectibles.
    entities such as the bugs and dinosaurs as well as us players walk on the solid terrain below a canopy of trees and grass and collectables.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    Start upa server, walk to "valleys" so far we have found three across two seeds
    Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

after discovery but before we cycled save and seed and configuration *.yaml file, a file verification thru steam was performed and zero bytes was downloaded for the dedicated server.

Screenshot
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....546/F451E2F6A6D79F084C96BB5FF0C3CFFB1589FC3B/

Zip
    Coming in a few mintues (removing other saves and older logs.

Video
    Coming in an estimated 26 minutes for rendering, and another 10 for uploading as of 0429 -7gmt

7. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you try uninstalling empyrion entirely from within Steam ?
    Go to steam library right clcik on Empyrion & uninstall.
    Then go to:
    steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival

& delete everything but the 'Saves' folder & reinstall through steam again ?

Kassonnade likes this.
  8. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    How old is the save game ?
    When making a new game did you also empty the cache folder for the server ?
    Have you deleted the cache folder for the server you are using from steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache ?

Kassonnade likes this.
  9. AU518987077

AU518987077 Ensign

How old is the save game ?
    Minutes, got to level 3 picking pickables when we first discovered the first valley on the first seed.
    and again minutes on the second go at it got to level 2 though picking pickables.

When making a new game did you also empty the cache folder for the server ?
    Yes.

Have you deleted the cache folder for the server you are using from steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache ?
    yes, it was the cache folder inside of saves.

10. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Do you have a video from this? I tried to recreate this effect, but were not successful. Possibly the logs "bugged" in the ground and were repelled from it?

11. Mad Vic

Mad Vic Lieutenant

Default sp senario. No config file changes.

At wreckage picked up portable constructor drop box appeared but is empty all my resources have vanished

12. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Toolbar bug is still around. Took me about 5-10 minute messing with chat to reproduce it on new Akua-Omicron single player creative game.

Basically just messed around with chat on SP creative.. opened chat (with period), typed lines, hit enter on empty line to close it.. hit period, let the chat window expire.. kept doing this randomly, and tested from time to time if I could open T2 drill mode selection. About 5-10 minutes, and I no longer could use the toolbar (right-click failed to open the mode selection).

Before this I reproduced it same way in about 5 minutes on my MP server save - but since it was from phase 6 I think, went to SP creative to test if I can do the same in new game - which I could.

13. AU518987077

AU518987077 Ensign

I cannot seem to be able to edit my original post to include the Dropbox link, this form is claiming spam behavior or the content i am trying to submit contains inappropriate content.

so here is the zip.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/txhmqpdvi...icated Server 8.0.7 1692 180608 0359.zip?dl=0

14. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Commander

No I don't sorry. Nor do I have ability to make videos. I will try a different seed and see if it's doing it there. It might be me but not sure :)

Edit:

I started a new default game does it still happen to me yes, every time? no! But when it did happen it was like it gets nicked by the moving chain animation.
    Oh well might loose a bit of weight chasing flying logs, OH NO! I've become my dog

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    StyleBBQ likes this.
  15. Daego

Daego Commander

i can choose the "start point"
    how can i !?

startpoint.png

16. Mad Vic

Mad Vic Lieutenant

also in forests - robinson wreckage has spawned in there- there are reddish patches of ground with no grass. The bike gets stuck in these and they cannot be entered on foot. I s this a bug?

17. AU518987077

AU518987077 Ensign

and again because it wont let me edit my original post again due to spam or inappropriate content

here is the you tube video

this is from the first seed, first server for 8.0.7 1697. you can skip though most of it maybe watch the first 2 minutes and the last two minutes it is just my friend and I trying to verify its not chunk based, and then finding a second instance of it on the map which a second was found.

18. Daego

Daego Commander

i think, the logs just "rammed away" cause of this terrible tree shake ?!

19. Daego

Daego Commander

Single / Survival
    when i place my portable const.
    it shows "off" (red) but i can craft a bike

20. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Kassonnade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.