Bug Reports: Alpha Experimental 6.5.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    For everyon, having issues with COOP not loading, getting stuck in connecting to a COOP server or the game showing errors when trying to connect to YOUR COOP server: please try the following to resolve the issue with the COOP (should also resolve the issue with STEAM overlay not showing up)

Pre-Check: Switch EAC to OFF if you want to start a COOP server! Go to options > MISC > EAC. Set to OFF and restart the game!

0. Make sure, STEAM is not run as Admin (Click on desktop icon > details > compatibility mode > uncheck Run As Admin if checked)

1. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    2. Delete all .exe files (EmpyrionLauncher.exe , EmpyrionDedicated.exe, Empyrion.exe, EACLauncher.exe)
    3. Verify game files via STEAM
    4. Restart PC

6. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    7. Check the four .exe files: NONE of these, except the EmpyrionDedicated.exe should have the "shield" for running as admin!!
    8. If the other three files show the Admin-shield, open these files > Details > Remove check for "Run as admin"

9. If this does not lead to the "Shield" Icon vanishing from the Icon, DELETE the files (EACLauncer.exe. Empyrion.exe and EmpyrionLauncher.exe) again and verify steam files again.

10. If this still leads to .exe files other than EmpyrionDedicated.exe having the Admin-Shiel, delete them again and restart your PC. Then verify files again.

==========================

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. [ArK]Amolador

[ArK]Amolador Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: irelevant
    SEED-ID:irelevant

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Crash

Type: Gamestart

Summary:
    just starting a new coop game, new senario

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

P2P is no longer supported. Try out the new Local Coop play by pressing the Down Arrow Button sitting to the right of the Load Game Button then selecting Local Coop & see if ya have the same Issues.

Edit: I KNOW I only placed ONE [ /Quote ] Tag... that second Quote Close Tag did NOT belong there, knock it off Forum. :/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Kassonnade likes this.
  4. [ArK]Amolador

[ArK]Amolador Ensign

Yes that what it was... a Local coop. it was a mistake on the report template. Notice that the error is from empyriondedicated.exe witch if i remember correctly didt run on a p2p game.

5. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

"Show airtight blocks" checkbox resets to unchecked when you let go of the N key. (Checkbox gets out of synch with actual status.)

Aubrey Snow and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

For everyon, having issues with COOP not loading, getting stuck in connecting to a COOP server or the game showing errors when trying to connect to YOUR COOP server: please try the following to resolve the issue with the COOP (should also resolve the issue with STEAM overlay not showing up)

0. Make sure, STEAM is not run as Admin (Click on desktop icon > details > compatibility mode > uncheck Run As Admin if checked)

1. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    2. Delete all .exe files (EmpyrionLauncher.exe , EmpyrionDedicated.exe, Empyrion.exe, EACLauncher.exe)
    3. Verify game files via STEAM
    4. Restart PC

6. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    7. Check the four .exe files: NONE of these, except the EmpyrionDedicated.exe should have the "shield" for running as admin!!
    8. If the other three files show the Admin-shield, open these files > Details > Remove check for "Run as admin"

9. If this does not lead to the "Shield" Icon vanishing from the Icon, DELETE the files (EACLauncer.exe. Empyrion.exe and EmpyrionLauncher.exe) again and verify steam files again.

10. If this still leads to .exe files other than EmpyrionDedicated.exe having the Admin-Shiel, delete them again and restart your PC. Then verify files again.

7. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I'm getting "double terrain" on Veldis in the SoS scenario. (It acts like terrain in the distance is being generated by one seed, and then when it gets close it uses a different seed.)

8. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Stack bigger than max gets created when scenario specifies it. (e.g. 2000 ammo in SoS starting inventory)

Also related: when you die, that stack is put into the backpack. The "take all" button only takes one regular stack and leaves the rest in the backpack. (Not that I ever die. ;))

9. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

(moved from 6.4.x thread)

Mode: survival

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major / Gamebreaking

Type: Items

Summary: Dropping any item makes it disappear permanently

Description: Not sure when it started (presumably when I updated to 6.5), but right now on the server, dropping any item will just make it vanish.

Steps to Reproduce: Drop an item.

On log, I was seeing this:

dropbug.jpg

-- edit --
    Server restart did not fix the issue, so for now, I'll have to leave the server offline. On subsequent times of dropping various items, I didn't see any more notices on the log. The items were still just gone. I hope there's a solution to this other than wiping the whole game.
    -- edit2 --
    Tried several backups, even 3 days old.. and none of them work. Is this a problem with 6.5.0 itself - does itemdropping on that version work properly for others?
    -- edit 3 --
    Rolled back to stable (6.4.1) and loaded backup I had taken after I found the problem - and the save works fine on 6.4.1. So I'm pretty confident that dropping items is bugged in 6.5.0, making them disappear (at least in my server).
    -- edit 4 --
    In response to Pantera: this is NOT on Nitrado server, I'm running a dediserver on my own computer, from Steam 'tools'.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and Gordholm like this.
  10. Gordholm

Gordholm Moderator

i tryed with a 6.4 save and also a new save on my dedicated when i drop any item they stay for arround 3-4 minutes then they start to dissapear but this is normal behaviour.
    How exactly do you encounter this issue = instant vanish when dropping them with Z or via inventory UI slot to drop ?
    Could you may upload the affected savegame + your dedicated.yaml used so we can try to repro it on our site.

gl & thnx

11. eshowers

eshowers Ensign

[​IMG]

I've done this, and the Dedicated *.exe crashes every time I attempt to do the local coop. I have completely disabled my firewall, to no avail. I even deleted the Dedicated.exe and attempted to run the game as coop to see if the same error would arise; it did. Any ideas?

The log states this:

19-16:48:20.256 09_48 -LOG- Started external process EmpyrionDedicated.exe
    19-16:48:22.210 09_48 -LOG- Setting window to FG
    19-16:48:26.041 09_48 -LOG- Connecting to server 127.0.0.1:30000...
    6595:IOCR, ID_OPEN_CONNECTION_REQUEST
    The connection request to 127.0.0.1:30000 failed. Are you sure the server can be connected to?

EDIT: I can run the dedicated server on it's own. Guessing a cmd batch file is causing this issue? Windows 7, for reference.

[​IMG]

12. Hummel-o-War

How and where did you try to start the COOP? Please describe!

13. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

Instant vanish, or rather the item never even appears. I hear the GUI sound of placing the item into drop area, but I never see the item in the world (same thing with another player on the server who tried to drop items).

I'll try uploading the save into mega and give link when I get a chance.

-- edit --

Sent a mega link in convo - or at least tried to, never used that feature on this site before.

Gordholm and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. eshowers

eshowers Ensign

Same issue as [ArK]Amolador above

Local COOP
    Survival
    Game crashes once I click on start within the Local Coop menu (example below):

[​IMG]

It's a conflict with the EmpyrionDedicated.exe Windows will give me an error message (see attached).

I've tried everything - deleting the folder, verifying. I can run a regular game fine, just something relating to the Dedicated. I could run the EmpyrionDedicated.exe outside of the app (in my post above) but once the game loads it, it crashes.

Attached Files:

15. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I'm still getting (sometimes) that long pause when looking through a scope. This time it was not the first time I looked through the scope. (It seemed like it had been fixed for several versions.)

Aubrey Snow and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Hummel-o-War

Did you already run the steps added to the first of this thread? If yes, and this does persist, please add the FULL LOGS folder to this report!

17. Leomist

Leomist Ensign

I have tried all steps indicated. there are no errors in the log files. "empyrionDedicated.exe" crashes.

I've attached a dump file.

Attached Files:

18. Leomist

Leomist Ensign

Do you think it would be possible to enable steamworks again? in 6.3 i could start single player game and simply enter the ip address of the single player game and connect. now it still doesn't work as of 6.4. I really don't know why you need the dedicated server anyway.

please consider.

19. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

@Leomist I'm just curious what are your pc specs ?

20. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

This usually happens for playfields with fixed seeds, the first time at least then the terrain is loaded from save game....

martian101 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.