Bug Reports: Alpha Experimental 7.0

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Known issues:
    - Stutter while moving (not FPS related)
    - Furnace does not work in MP

PLEASE NOTE

As with every major update, please check the FAQ Threads BEFORE reporting a bug or issue. It might be filed under "Known Issues" already!

FAQ & FEEDBACK Threads: https://empyriononline.com/forums/experimental-features-discussion.35/

#######################

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

Not sure if this is a bug or not, just assuming it is for the mo. Akua is a pvp world on the experimental server.

joemorin73 likes this.
  3. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

Not sure if it's a bug or balancing or....
    Mobile constructor can't be crafted until later game since it requires cobalt to craft.

Edit
    Unable to exit HV cockpit again due to "Please stop the ship to exit the cockpit." I'm at o.0 m/s and still can't exit due to imperceptible drift. There is no godmode on servers so this needs to be addressed before release. Even powering it off on certain spots results in everlasting micro-rocking and I can't exit at all.

SP fresh save Akua.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    rucky likes this.
  4. SAP

SAP Ensign

same spawned on Akua ther ar big ships around that kill you instantly as it is PvP.. cant test sorry reset the world remove all old junk so one can test the new content on a non PvP planet if you need my help that is.

5. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

Grow plots were moved to the constructors but the recipe for nutrient solution was not. This makes the automation side of the large/advanced constructors a little broken.

scathson likes this.
  6. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Intentional afaik.

Balancing afaik.
    There should be cobalt on Skillon & in Skillon Orbit & Also in Ningues you should be able to get to skillon or Ningues from akua with a SV with a SV warp drive.
    To be able build the SV with a warp drive & tank though you will need to find enough cobalt ore from rocks that drop ore.
    I'm not too sure if the rocks are set to regenerate though.

It maybe best to leave feedback about this setup in the feedback thread for the new start setup here:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/a7-0-experimental-faq-feedback-new-game-start-rebalancing.15374/

Can you provide a location where this is reproducible ?
    Seed, planet & coordinates ?

When I have been exiting HV's at 0.0m/s I haven't seen any issue currently.

7. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

I have cleared nearly half of the surface rocks on Akua, they don't drop cobalt (they drop crushed stone instead which is unnecessary.)

Edit
    SP Akua start also seems to not have any plant fibers in the YAML that I can find.

8. Rizzo

Rizzo Ensign

Mode: Creative

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor
    Type: Jump/warp
    Summary: Turning off inertia dampeners and jumping results in wrong orientation for expected flight path
    Steps to Reproduce:
    - Warp capable small ship (assuming large ships have this too but didn't test)
    - Set your jump point and turn your ship to face destination
    - Turn off inertia dampeners (i) and accelerate towards jump location
    - Execute jump with (k)
    - After jump, ship is oriented at the planet (presumably for effect) but continues along it's previous trajectory resulting in a strafing or askew orientation. Expected behavior: don't altar ship orientation so that it continues to both face and move in the same direction it was prior to jump.

9. SAP

SAP Ensign

have over 2650H of game play and now the start is PvP Only
    Good luck getting this tested , I will not be testing it for the first time ever
    also a Immediate Thumbs down :mad:

gman117 likes this.
  10. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Starter biofuel disappeared from my inventory in my first two PvE starts. Was okay on third start. I verified cache before playing.

11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

The standard playfield has been PvP for quite a while.

Space Beagle likes this.
  12. zztong

zztong Captain

SEED-ID: 30843

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always?
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Global?

Summary: Plants Waaaaaaay Underground

Description:

I went into GodMode to checkout how some ore nodes deployed and noticed there appeared to be ore nodes buried a long ways underground. I flew down to them and discovered they are plants that you probably wanted to be on the surface. They seem to match the contours of the terrain, so maybe there's just a wee math error in the placement.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Spawn on Akua
    2. Enter Godmode
    3. Fly Underground
    4. Look for things really far underground.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

20170926202819_1.jpg

13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

Yeah gotta say I don't think its a great idea and would be pretty suprised if it was intentional.

I know with the settings as they are you can us the debug to spawn in BPS, and I think resources as well but some folks are not going to want to use this. They'll want to go for the slow burn to see how the tech tree and new progression plays out. As things stand people seem for the most part to be playing nice but that won't last, it never does! So it'll go south and any progression testing is gonna turn into a single player thing which doesn't really seem ideal.

So with that in mind I'm still placing my bet on this being a mistake.

gman117 likes this.
  14. SAP

SAP Ensign

Forcing players to do PvP is just stupid..
    Im a PvE player and enjoy the creative side of games, as building and redefining new concepts
    this game has just taking a wrong tern down the PvP side rendering it junk to me as every other PvP game.
    It is not unique in any way now just the same old, same old PvP crap.
    have a nice day and enjoy im out...

gman117 likes this.
  15. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

Do you play in Mp or Sp?
    In Sp, that pvp tag simply means you can damage your own blocks (by shooting them or crashing) as it should be. There are no other players in Sp so it's not like people are going to raid you.

In Mp it's up to the server owner to choose pvp or pve, as it's always been.

Any of these settings can be changed in Sp as well through the yaml files. The playfields all being pvp isn't new to 7.0 by the way. It was already like this since 6.xx. Nothing new in this regard.

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Captain

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

Severity: Annoying

Type: Global

Summary: Large, flat bases loose integrity if spawned too far below ground.

Description: If you have a large, flat base (like a landing pad) the base will loose structural integrity if parts of it are spawned too far below ground. Currently, you have to dig out the area near the effected portion of the base then replace a block to get the game to recalculate. This gets fairly annoying because the integrity is usually so poor in that are that the portion of the base collapses.

Steps to Reproduce: Spawn a large base and make sure the bottom blue line is completely buried.
    Base used in screenshot: BA-Concrete-Strip-XL
    Discussion thread: Question on BA structural integrity

Please note, this base is four layers of concrete with no holes in the effected section.
    20170926183845_1.jpg

Apollonius likes this.
  17. Solarix

Solarix Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

Severity: Trivial

Type: Global

Summary: Texture rotation does not work correctly.

Description:
    The texture rotation does not work on my current ship. For testing i created a new BP and spawned it. Same problem. Only if i place new blocks the rotation works.

18. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Known issue. Rotation does not work on some blocks yet. Can you please add the blueprint and maybe a screenshot with a marker WHICH textures you tried to rotate (and where)

19. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Did this happen in MP or SP?

20. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Thats not real "plants" but a helper when building overground vegetation. Looks strange, but this is not a bug, just for technical reasons ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.