Bug Reports EXP 9.0: Gameplay [READ INTRODUCTION BEFORE REPORTING!]

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    READ FIRST: For a proper testing procedure and bug reporting, we recommend the following preparations and workflows:
    1. Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
      Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data
    2. Make sure you are NOT using a custom config!
      Go to this folder and check if only three files are there: Config_Example.ecf, EGroupsConfig.ecf and TraderNPCConfig.ecf: ..Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration
      Remove or delete any other file as long as testing with the release candidates!

3. Avoid resuming any pre-Release Candidate savegame!
      There is a chance that changes we made do not translate to older savegames. Especially for bugs concerning terrain, loot and other playfield configs.
      Best practice: if you run into an issue with a savegame that was started BEFORE a RC has been released, please re-test the issue in a fresh new RC savegame again!

4. Additional Routine: Delete the GAME CACHE when trying to reproduce a bug!
      The game cache saves some presets and may be source of a false positive reports or even be part of the problem. To make sure we have all the infos, please check the following folder when trying to reproduce a but and make a note in your report if the bug still happens AFTER clearing the cache: ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
    ----

Continue or Quit’ (CoQ) Error

1) When you get a so called 'CoQ' (Continue or Quit) error in SINGLEPLAYER, please do the following
    a) Exit the game (click QUIT or ALT+F4)
    b) go to this folder: C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\
    c) watch for the folder name with the highest number and open it
    d) Find the Client.log which has been changed recently right click on the client log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it
    e) Open your Email, attach the compressed copy of the log & write what happened BEFORE the CoQ and send to:

[email protected]

The QA team will pick up your issue and decode or ask back more info.

2) IF YOU RAN A COOP SERVER, you
    - need to send in the Client.logs for all players that were affected
    - need to send in the COOP server and COOP-client logs

The COOP Client logs are in the SAME folder on the PC which started the session.

Look for
    a) logs that start with 'Client_AsPf_'
    b) log that starts with 'Dedicated_'

Send in both COOP Client and Server logs to the same Email address

3) IF you are running a DEDICATED SERVER,
    go the the /LOGS folder, zip the whole thing (in case you do not know what are the latest files) + ADD an info on which playfield and WHEN (time stamp) the issue happened...and send it to the same Email address as well.

-----

GLOBAL ADVICE ON REPORTING!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE FOLLOW 'Continue or Quit' instructions as written above

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

=====================================

REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    KNOWN ISSUES A9

General:
    • SV\HV open cockpits have broken building size model
    • Unable to turn player model around in the player customisation screen
    • Drones firing on a POI set to "Faction: none" which has a blue admin core.
    • O2 display flashing when moving in a vessel at high speed
    • Possible to duplicate any item from player toolbar with SHIFT-LMB
    • New Game custom name reverts to default when using custom difficulty settings
    • Scope: alignment of scoped weapon is slightly tilted
    • F button does not close GUI anymore after opening it with F
    • Other players can be seen "Flying" when they are swimming in 1st person view.
    • Thrusters do not go to idle when you land a vessel on blocks or terrain
    • Issue with seed 0 overwriting new save games seeds when trying to make a new SP game after leaving a server.
    • AIPV’s Thrusters are visible through hull blocks (resolves when doing some damage to the vessel)
    • Sector map 'Route' feature is not functional <- WIP
    • Truss Preview item: SLOPE broken
    • Terrain collectables once harvested the model is not updated.

Logistics:
    • Container Inventory not shown when accessed while standing on terrain
    • De-cored bases allow to scroll all containers in F4 Logistic Menu
    • Shift-Clicking an item from inventory to structure while NO container is selected destroys the item
    • Possible to use F4 with a structure that is UNpowered
    • F4 structure convenience caching gets stuck when several structures are close by
    Volume Limits*
    • Constructor production can exceed the volume of assigned containers
    *Please note: Volume as a limitation is not yet activated in default game. You can activate it in the gameoptions.yaml (in the scenario folder) but notice that not all GUI elements required for a flawless usecase are added yet (f.ex you cannot move a Large Constructor from Portable Constructor into your inventory for placing it!)

===================================================================================

PREVIOUS KNOWN ISSUES
    - Selection tool copy & paste does not maintain settings f.ex of Sensor range settings, LCD screen text or symbols, Spawner settings, Light settings, Door codes etc
    - Autominers do not deplete Voxel Deposits
    - Center of Mass Visualization doesn't appear until you enter the cockpit of any vessel.
    - Large Blueprints (max size) are broken in 2 parts or do not spawn completely.
    - AI vessel RespawnDelay Timer not working
    - Drones stop spawning after the drone base regenerates
    - Trying to enter a vessel cockpit at high altitude (just before changing from atmosphere to orbit) can kill the player.
    - Not possible to texture some faces on "Beam" shape
    - Lettering symbols out of alignment
    - Symbol + and double+ are off about 1px in some directions
    - Symmetry plane left/right variant of thin hull blocks orientation is not mirrored correctly.
    - When POI's with the 'BP flattens ground' box is checked the structures can get displaced & terrain can become deformed
    - HV/SV still produce "Smoke" when grounded and all thrusters and hover engines are off
    - HV hover engines are not reacting to on & off signals until the CP is reopened.
    - Doors/hangars/shutters etc opening simultaneously when assigned to different sensors when placed next to each other.

- After changing playfields the weather is not displayed in the HUD or showing visually until a reload is done.
    - When de-selecting the checkbox for "Symmetry Plane" and re-checking it it does not go back to the plane that was set
    - Going down a steep hill with Player bike can break view (step off the bike should resolve this)
    - Player falling through the world when getting of a motorbike on uneven/mined terrain
    - Drones falling through terrain in MP (> We need a repro case for this still!)
    - Waypoints are not finding the quickest route through polar region
    - PC working when the active toggle is off (Switch the button 2x will fix this as a workaround)
    - Landing a vessel on a repair bay with 'Automatic mode' on the vessel can be repositioned away from the bay.

- Docked vessels that have the waypoint option enabled take the name of the vessel they are docked to

Should be fixed now, but plz observe:
    - [Edge case] HV's sinking & losing speed over water.
    - Issue with renaming auto grouped groups being placed out of order.
    - When the Orbital patrol is visible it stops moving & only resumes moving when it is no longer visible.
    - Fuel disappears from a base if you power it on before adding fuel to it.
    - Reputation Standing not working for MP Factions
    - Cannot put blocks into Virtual Toolbar that exceed Player Inventory Volume 500L with 'EnableVolumeWeight: true'
    - Switching between F4 and TAB deletes inventory fully or partially bec. TAB has fewer slots than F4
    - Choosing the Fresh start option in SP or MP can result in a exception loop
    - Drone mounted weapons randomly appearing on planets under & above terrain
    - Player is disconnected from a server when trying to take fuel or oxygen from a tank.
    - XP is not being given to players in MP after killing NPC's.

- When trying to add fuel or oxygen to a vessels tank via logistics from another structure a CoQ is triggered.
    - When players try to use a Furnace at a POI after setting up a input container a CoQ loop is triggered.

- Using the last 4 slots of the PC results in a exception. <- If this still triggers in B2062 & other newer builds please make sure you have started a New Fresh save game
    - If you connect an empty CC as input and output to a LC & add items to the CC after all the templates stay red.
    - CoQ when loading into a Default random scenario save game after playing in a save using the Default MP scenarios.
    - Healing items not always working
    - Some vessel devices deco is not saving in blueprints.
    - FPS issues & high RAM usage
    - Possible to use F4 with a structure that has no core
    - Items left in the VT are lost if the VT is still active when player exits a save or server then rejoins
    - Input & output setup of a constructor is not maintained in blueprints.
    - Volume of ammo & harvest CC's resets to default amount when spawned in a BP until another CE is added to the structure.
    - With EnableVolumeWeight: true it is not possible to fill the warp tank through the logisitcs window
    - With a scoped weapon equipped when going into scoped view there is a slight freeze

3. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 9002049

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Seems to happen only when choosing a large planet.
    Severity: Minor/Major for new players

Type: Gamestart/Enemies
    Summary: Man eating spiders 5 seconds into the game.

Description: I started a brand new game (also removed all old games first) after verifying files.
    5 seconds after touching down in my escape pod I was attacked by a pack of 6 giant man eating spiders. Luckily I've dealt with these buggers before.... Although slow in use, my survival tool was just barely capable of dispatching these beasts. I'll be eating spider for dinner tonight.

I'm not sure if it's intentional that these guys are active immediately and in the Crash Site biome.
    Steps to Reproduce: Start a new game. I'm going to try a couple more new starts now to see how reproducible it is.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Edit
    Further testing it seems to only happen when choosing a large planet size, but I could be wrong. I tried 6 new starts with three new seeds (same seed used twice, medium and large) and with each large planet start I saw spiders nearly immediately.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    iClustaFlux, jlego and elmo like this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Just reported first COQ to support.

Andipro likes this.
  5. elmo

elmo Commander

I just had the same when I landed on a planet, half a dozen spiders seconds after I start walking.. I know it is survival but being attacked right away is not my idea of fun.

runlykhel and jlego like this.
  6. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

What planet size did you choose when starting the game?

elmo likes this.
  7. elmo

elmo Commander

Large size

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I did chose 4/Large and when I crash landed the first thing I saw was a Pangolin no 15m away

9. jlego

jlego Commander

I think it might be a good idea to add a grace period before hostiles appear. Even more punishing survival games have this. To give an example from a game I've been playing a lot recently, The Long Dark has a full days grace, and that can be a pretty punishing game (especially on higher difficulty levels).

(Actually, I think we used to have one, but if so, it seems that we don't have that now.)

Edit2: now I've had a chance to try out the new F9 feature, and I can see that on the Medium planet, it says "Spiders01 / Waiting for night" and the same for raptors, so it looks like there is a grace period, just apparently bugged (ha) for Large planets.

elmo likes this.
  10. Andipro

Andipro Ensign

Cannot cut trees with the chainsaw. At least not arround the Robinson Protocol first wreckage!
    Is it normal that small trees like the fruit tree have no collision and i can walk through them??

11. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

I started test game on hard setting on large planet - I wasn't attacked by spiders, but my landing was in the middle of the night :D

I slept in drop pod and no spiders in the morning around me again - then I spawned motorbike for quick drive around, and Pangolin that I run in didn't notice me at all on my bike, next was bunch of spiders and they also didn't 'see' me... Then I entered Zirax territory on my bike and run on patrol of one Trooper and few Crawlers - I was invisible for them also, until I dismounted bike - then they all attacked me!
    Back on bike, I'm invisible for them again.

Pangolin & Crawler make some jerky moves when changing direction in my game, or start moving.

12. Blaze1961

Blaze1961 Ensign

Alpha 9 exp - Following tutorial. when blocks are placed around base starter block the quest does not update. I placed the starter block in the middle of a 3x3x3 cube to surround all sides.

13. Andipro

Andipro Ensign

On the journey to the first Robinson wreckage (@3500m) i encountered 2 times spidergangs but managed to run away and leave them beyond. Then arrived at the Robinson wreckage at night 2 Raptors coming inside the wreckage through the damaged walls. I could kill them with my survival tool at my last breath! So its my first time in Empyrion i must go out at night and collecting stones to immediately patching those damaged walls.

I think this experiences gave me for the first time the real "Survival Feeling". I like it!!!

14. RedBaron97

RedBaron97 Commander

Mode: Creative

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Summary: Able to spawn vessel in other vessels

Description: For some reason I can spawn ships in side other ships

Steps to Reproduce: Just spawn a blueprint and than try to spawn aother one. You can see that you are able to spawn it, even when inside another vessel

Screenshots:
    20181205200820_1.jpg 20181205194711_1.jpg 20181205194729_1.jpg

Andipro likes this.
  15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

Mode: Survival

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial/Minor

Type: Movement exploit

Summary: You can hop at around the same speed as you can run indefinately.

While moving if you hit jump and run at the same time you can hop pretty much at running speed, and since you're only hitting the run button when you land briefly you can keep this up indefinately. In fact I got from half to full stamina pretty quickly while kangarooing my way across the map.

16. hound

hound Captain

Single player
    survival
    new game
    I have looted 2 Talon villages and I am having loot disappear when I open my inventory later. I went back and checked containers. The loot was not in the boxes either. Specifically fuel cells and cobalt ingots disappeared.

17. Andipro

Andipro Ensign

Since ever this was the best method to move ;) Much better with a jetpack!!

Runeshadow and Pach like this.
  18. jlego

jlego Commander

Honestly, I'd prefer a quiet beginning and a ramp up towards higher difficulties (I like the new level system for this, it sounds like a step in this direction). I don't find the survival tool useful (unless defence mode has been improved in the versions since it was added, haven't tried it again), so I prefer to get a projectile pistol before I need to defend myself. I can handle being constantly under attack without a decent means of defence right from the start, I used to play games like that. It just isn't my thing anymore, and I would get fed up of EGS quickly if it moved too far in this direction.

Andipro and elmo like this.
  19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well I had spiders too, But they attacked only one by one and I first fend them off with the Survival tool. After reaching the wreckage I started to produce my preferred "multitool";) - A Shotgun. Only downside is now the weight of 30 shots of Shotgun Ammo...THIRTY KG!
    Spiders? What Spiders? Ah, you mean those Goulash on the Ground. :p

Pach, Andipro and elmo like this.
  20. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

Oh I've done the hop run before in similar situations to my new game (without a suit so no jetpack) but I've never been able to move this fast this easily and at a stamina consumption below the regen value.

Andipro likes this.