Bug Reports EXP 9.2 - Gameplay [READ INTRODUCTION BEFORE REPORTING!]

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    READ FIRST: For a proper testing procedure and bug reporting, we recommend the following preparations and workflows:
    1. Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
      Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data
    2. Make sure you are NOT using a custom config!
      Go to this folder and check if only three files are there: Config_Example.ecf, EGroupsConfig.ecf and TraderNPCConfig.ecf: ..Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration
      Remove or delete any other file as long as testing with the release candidates!

3. Avoid resuming any pre-Release Candidate savegame!
      There is a chance that changes we made do not translate to older savegames. Especially for bugs concerning terrain, loot and other playfield configs.
      Best practice: if you run into an issue with a savegame that was started BEFORE a RC has been released, please re-test the issue in a fresh new RC savegame again!

4. Additional Routine: Delete the GAME CACHE when trying to reproduce a bug!
      The game cache saves some presets and may be source of a false positive reports or even be part of the problem. To make sure we have all the infos, please check the following folder when trying to reproduce a but and make a note in your report if the bug still happens AFTER clearing the cache: ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
    ----

Continue or Quit’ (CoQ) Error

1) When you get a so called 'CoQ' (Continue or Quit) error in SINGLEPLAYER, please do the following
    a) Exit the game (click QUIT or ALT+F4)
    b) go to this folder: C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\
    c) watch for the folder name with the highest number and open it
    d) Find the Client.log which has been changed recently right click on the client log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it
    e) Open your Email, attach the compressed copy of the log & write what happened BEFORE the CoQ and send to:

[email protected]

The QA team will pick up your issue and decode or ask back more info.

2) IF YOU RAN A COOP SERVER, you
    - need to send in the Client.logs for all players that were affected
    - need to send in the COOP server and COOP-client logs

The COOP Client logs are in the SAME folder on the PC which started the session.

Look for
    a) logs that start with 'Client_AsPf_'
    b) log that starts with 'Dedicated_'

Send in both COOP Client and Server logs to the same Email address

3) IF you are running a DEDICATED SERVER,
    go the the /LOGS folder, zip the whole thing (in case you do not know what are the latest files) + ADD an info on which playfield and WHEN (time stamp) the issue happened...and send it to the same Email address as well.

-----

GLOBAL ADVICE ON REPORTING!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE FOLLOW 'Continue or Quit' instructions as written above

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

=====================================

REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    KNOWN ISSUES A9

General:
    • SV\HV open cockpits have broken building size model
    • Scope: alignment of scoped weapon is slightly tilted
    • Issue with seed 0 overwriting new save games seeds when trying to make a new SP game after leaving a server.
    • AIPV’s Thrusters are visible through hull blocks (resolves when doing some damage to the vessel)
    • Truss Preview item: SLOPE broken
    • After the Personal drone exits a motion sensors detection area the motion sensor will stop responding.
    • Game shut down with Deconstructor set to use instant speed & multiple stacks of items (8x999 Computers)
    • Solar panels sometimes placing but vanishing
    • [MP] Passengers can't use the Drill or Multiturret Turrets.
    Logistics:
    • Possible to use F4 with a structure that is UNpowered
    • F4 structure convenience caching gets stuck when several structures are close by
    • Issue with putting items back into the player inventory with Volume: true after placing them into a Container
    • T key not switching between player tool bar & virtual tool bar when using the personal drone.
    PREVIOUS KNOWN ISSUES
    • Selection tool copy & paste does not maintain settings f.ex of Sensor range settings, LCD screen text or symbols, Spawner settings, Light settings, Door codes etc
    • Autominers do not deplete Voxel Deposits
    • Center of Mass Visualization doesn't appear until you enter the cockpit of any vessel.
    • Large Blueprints (max size) are broken in 2 parts or do not spawn completely.
    • AI vessel RespawnDelay Timer not working
    • Drones stop spawning after the drone base regenerates
    • Trying to enter a vessel cockpit at high altitude (just before changing from atmosphere to orbit) can kill the player.
    • Not possible to texture some faces on "Beam" shape
    • Symbol + and double+ are off about 1px in some directions
    • Symmetry plane left/right variant of thin hull blocks orientation is not mirrored correctly.
    • When POI's with the 'BP flattens ground' box is checked the structures can get displaced & terrain can become deformed
    • HV/SV still produce "Smoke" when grounded and all thrusters and hover engines are off
    • Doors/hangars/shutters etc opening simultaneously when assigned to different sensors when placed next to each other.
    • When a AI Turret reloads on a vessel the mounted weapons will be forced to reload.
    • Area damage gets removed when firing from forward moving vessel
    • Changing from player inventory window to H item menu disables toolbar
    • Turret zoom level applied to 3rd person vessel view after exiting turret.
    • When de-selecting the checkbox for "Symmetry Plane" and re-checking it it does not go back to the plane that was set
    • Going down a steep hill with Player bike can break view (step off the bike should resolve this)
    • Player falling through the world when getting of a motorbike on uneven/mined terrain
    • Drones falling through terrain in MP (> We need a repro case for this still!)
    • Waypoints are not finding the quickest route through polar region
    • PC working when the active toggle is off (Switch the button 2x will fix this as a workaround)
    • Landing a vessel on a repair bay with 'Automatic mode' on the vessel can be repositioned away from the bay.
    • Docked vessels that have the waypoint option enabled take the name of the vessel they are docked to

• Should be fixed now, but plz observe:
    • O2 display flashing when moving in a vessel at high speed
    • Other players can be seen "Flying" when they are swimming in 1st person view.
    • Removing and re-placing a core leads to RED tag and Faction:none
    • After changing playfields the weather is not displayed in the HUD or showing visually until a reload is done.
    • [MP] Player vessel are getting repositioned after player exits cockpit
    • Night vision cannot be turned on or off whilst in a cockpit seat
    • Invisible terrain deco/plants 'Buds' & in the radiated biome various plants.
    • Radiated biome deco appearing & disappearing as you go past it
    • Food processor input & output is not maintained in BP's.
    • When using a scope while the HUD is turned off the view becomes broken
    • Input & output of constructors, furnaces etc is sometimes not maintained after being far away from them
    • New Game custom name reverts to default when using custom difficulty settings
    • Thrusters do not go to idle when you land a vessel on blocks or terrain
    • With a scoped weapon equipped when going into scoped view there is a slight freeze

3. Karin

Karin Ensign

Hiho i want to Report that some Replaced blocks are now missing in my Blueprint -Dreadnought MK3- (to be found in my steam workshop). the lcoks that are missing were InteriorLightBlocks that were Replaced with the Replacecommand to CombatsteelFull Blocks in the verion 7. if i spawn it now all blocks are missing were the Rplaced blocks were so that i have many holes now in that Blueprint.
    Here is the Direkt link to the Blueprint, every Block that is there shiningred was already replaced and were in 8.5.0 already combatsteel blocks for CV. because of the sice i cant place them new. can u please fix it so that the blocks are no more missing when i spawn it in singleplayer?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1428170541&searchtext=Dreadnought+MK3

4. Politary

Politary Ensign

Mode: Creative, Survival

SEED-ID: 0

If applicable:

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Clipping

Summary: Clipping issue with cockpit change.

Description: When exiting ship on flat surface, player gets stuck in cockpit blocks, so you have to reenter the cockpit to apper where you're supposed to. On uneven surface it can be impossible to exit the ship due to ship tilt, and in space while using jetpack and rotating you clip inside the ship.

Steps to Reproduce: Exit the cockpit after landing the ship.

Attached Files:

5. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: All
    SEED-ID:
    All

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:
    Yes or No

Severity:
    Hard

Type: BluePrint

Summary: Wrong Forbiden BLocks

Description: Wrong forbiden blocks "RampSmallBlocks (Ramps)"

Steps to Reproduce: take BluePrint with RampSmallBlocks in
    [​IMG]

6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Update: January 12, 2019 (Build 2159)
    - Some refactoring of terrain generation
    > please test if scenarios are still loading correctly (new game with scenario, continue game with scenario)
    - Updated all Ghost POIs -> renamed into Ghyst: A big thanks to Frigidman
    - Fixed: Player gets repositioned when inside dugout mountain base
    - Fixed: "Mutant" Zirax (model was completely messed up)

7. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Needs to be replaced by hand.

8. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

If I get disconnected from a server while using cruise, I get booted from my ship. I log back in in the air where I was when the disconnection happened, and my ship is where it was when I clicked the "Quit" button.

9. IronCartographer

Severity: Trivial

Type: UI

Summary: Inconsistent UI state/behavior

Description: Connecting and disconnecting from a cargo container does not always set/reset the orange background on the connected container UI. Behaves like a threading race condition (randomly working or not).

Steps to Reproduce: Toggle "Connect to container" repeatedly.

10. Trendane

Trendane Lieutenant

Mode: Co-Op Survival

Repro Rate: Only seen once
    Severity: Moderate

Summary: Portable Constructors become impossible to pick up in Co-Op

Details: Earlier today, while watching a Twitch stream of a Co-Op game, I noticed that eventually it became impossible for the players to pick up their Portable constructors. They could still be accessed and used, but the option to pick them up into the player's inventory no longer worked.

NOTES: Both players attempted to retrieve each other's constructors while they were in private and faction accessible settings.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get a clip of the relevant portion of the livestream.

11. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Did you notice if the inventory possibly was full? Did you experience the same in any COOP game yourself?

12. Trendane

Trendane Lieutenant

The inventory was not even 25% full. And I have not yet attempted any Co-Op games myself. I'm not certain that my old rig can handle it.

13. jlego

jlego Commander

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 784785

If applicable:

Severity: Minor

Type: Constructors, etc.

Summary: Constructors are deactivated on game load

Description: After exiting a game where the constructor in a structure is active, they will be deactivated when the game is loaded again. This affects all kinds of constructor (mobile, small, large, or advanced), and also affects similar devices such as food processors.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Create a new game with a structure containing a constructor, or load a game that has one in it. You may also add a container and assign it in the constructor if there is not already one, but do this before step 2.
    2. Ensure the constructor is active in the control panel or in the constructor interface.
    3. Exit the game and then reload it. Enter the control panel or constructor interface, and observe that the constructor has been deactivated.
    • Experienced in co-op game with @elmo, but may also affect singleplayer (not tested).
    • Issue is known to occur after exiting the game and stopping the server, but exiting to menu and reconnecting has not been tested.
    • May be related to change with placing or switching input/output, but issue occurs with constructors that are already placed and without changing the input or output.

14. BBZ

BBZ Ensign

SEED-ID: All

Type: Logistics

Summary: An item duplication exploit is possible through logistics.

Description: Every Item in the 1-9 slot of the player toolbar are duplicated when dying while connected to a container.

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Place items in the toolbar
    - Open logistics menu while in range of a base (didn't try with vessels)
    - Click the connect to container button
    - Confirm you are connected with the yellow background of toolbar icons.
    - Die while connected (To easily reproduce a natural death I remove helmet immediately outside of the base on a planet with no breathable atmosphere. Death from hunger or drone attacks had the same effect).
    - Respawn to your medic station in base or close to your location.
    - Loot your backpack (the items in your personal toolbar are in the backpack)
    - Disconnect from container or toggle with T
    - Your toolbar is reverted yo its old state, altough all items have already been retrieved from backpack

15. Dramegno

Dramegno Lieutenant

Mode: ( Survival)

SEED-ID: 696969
    Playfield Seed: 718027

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: (NO)
    Reproducibility: (unknown)
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (Premature explosion)

Summary: the underground prison in "The Legacy" exploded early

Description: I played the Talon Story Chapter 1 and completed it up to flipping the com switch, I decided to fully excavate the prison so I can see it in its entirety before it goes boom. I got most of the way and was excavating one of the sides or backside I don't remember which and the entire structure exploded killing me and the Talon "prisoner" in the blast.

Steps to Reproduce: unknown if it was a time, SI, or quest glitch so steps to reproduce outside of what I wrote in the description in unknown.

IronCartographer likes this.
  16. Pach

Pach Captain

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 475312

If applicable:

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow (additional planets)

Reproducibility: Unable/Sometimes?

Type: SV/CV

Summary: Ships loose vertical thrust upon entering planet (spacebar to go "up" thrusters no longer working, or not working at full capacity)

Description:
    I was out exploring/discovering planets in my CV's first voyage. I had been warping around, and finally came back home. When I transitioned into the planet's playfield, I was not able to reverse my descent using spacebar ("up thrust"). The only way I was able to move "up" was to angle the CV's bow up, and move forward. All other thrusters operate normally, and there is no performance difference for thrusters in any other direction (as would be expected if there were a change in thruster capabilities, or if mass/volume got turned on). All thrusters were operating normally while in space sectors previously, and worked fine to lift off the planet originally.

Additionally, the thrusters are no longer turning off when landed on the planet.

Going to the moon, I had very, very minimal lift in the "up direction"--less than even on a normal planet.

I confirmed the thrusters were "on" (CP switch and each individual thruster).

This doesn't appear to be a configuration setting, as spacebar worked in the first save, and works fine for jetpack movement running on the ground (so the keybind is still in place). It only impacts my CV/SVs thrusters.

There is an SV and an HV docked to the CV; both were present through the whole journey. The SV has the same issue as the CV (the HV doesn't appear to be impacted), although it has a very, very SMALL amount of lift available.

I have been playing with mass/volume OFF, so if they are suddenly on, something in the game turned them on somewhere (I never touched that setting). Also, it is only the "up" thrusters that are impacted: all other thrusters have normal performance.

This is a "Major" issue, as ships are rather useless if they cannot go vertical... that's kind of the point of being able to fly... you go UP, right? :)

... I could be mistaken, but it looks like these two fixed items have been re-introduced:

Steps to Reproduce:

Including 2 save file links (below). In "Still had lift" file, I was one or two orbits over, and pressing "space" still activated the bottom thrusters, and the ship moves "up" (relatively speaking). Go into that file, warp to Rexitis, and go planetside. Once warped into planet, space no longer has an effect, even after landing (taking off after doing this is a pain!), or relogging/loading the game, even after leaving the playfield (I went to the moon and back).

If unable to reproduce, the problem is showing in the "no lift" file. The CV is landed on the planet, and no amount of spacebar will get it to move up, while the other thrusters (left/right/forward/back/down) all work fine. If you get the ship off the ground (angle bow up, and move forward), and press spacebar, the bottom thrusters don't even appear to respond to the spacebar command (they do not flare on).

File before returning to planet, where thrusters still responded:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OsoKPx66tudA5qXBacv6eQ2njWuSZ7S8

(note: it's possible they are "weakened" in this file also; I didn't notice difficulties with thrust in this direction in orbit, but I don't use it much up there! I can provide a much older file, before I went off planet if that would be more helpful?)

File after returning to planet, where thrusters broke:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tpZZ2j4H2HxCOdRjgf6_c1KZ9bfsI5FA

17. jlego

jlego Commander

This doesn't seem to be fixed, at least for the T2 Sniper Rifle. I just experienced a short freeze when I scoped with it for the first time in the session (playing co-op, if that's important).

18. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Concerning thrusters & weight a balance pass needs to be done which afaik is coming soon.

Both were looking ok for me when trying make sure the CV is placed on a flat surface.

19. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: January 14, 2019 (Build 2161):

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed: Markers for NearPOI are not shown on HUD
    - Fixed: Weight of items added to a vessel container doesn't take effect until exiting & reentering the cockpit
    - Fixed: Bug that it did not allow to spawn BAs manually in air in Creative or Freedom mode
    - Fixed: Color/texture Tool: only creates a half-ring of color when fired in 1st Person
    - Fixed: Pulse Rifle red dot scope was not transparent anymore
    - Fixed: Topsoil not removed from inside base / risen to top filler block plane (Increased smoothing area around POIs to not overlap terrain with POIs)
    - Fixed: NPC spawn does not happen reliably or too late
    - Fixed: Duplication exploit with Connected Toolbar
    - Fixed: Cannot access a private or faction oxygen and fuel tank under a password
    - Fixed: Cannot use F with looting tanks in POIs
    - Fixed: Logistic: F does not remember settings when used with tanks
    - Fixed: Picking up crops in NPC structures results in reputation level change, whereas picking up crops on NPC terrain results still in only small reputation loss
    - Fixed: Talon Village was buried too much
    - Fixed: Voxel mesh exceptions

20. Pach

Pach Captain

Thanks for the response. I don't believe the problem is weight/balance. The CV performed "normally" before I went off-planet. The complete lack of vertical thrust happened when I came back planetside. It's just the downward-facing thrusters that are under performing. I can still move left/right/forward/backward same as before. So it's something just with the thrusters in the one direction.

[/QUOTE]Both were looking ok for me when trying make sure the CV is placed on a flat surface.[/QUOTE]

I'm not understanding this reply:
    Are you saying you were not able to duplicate this, even with my save files? If so, I'll do a verify and/or reinstall of EGS, and see if that fixes it.

I'd be very happy to find out this is just some sort of local issue! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.