Filed / Tracking Bug: SP Mission Crashed Bird / Hoverbike [00057]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by IndigoWyrd, Apr 4, 2022.

1. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.7.8
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single-player

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: Any

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: None

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Missions

Summary: After completing the Crashed Bird mission in SP Survival, prior to the neat mission initializing, the Crashed Bird Mission will restart. Having already shot the Zirax, freed the prisoner, and even recovered the crashed Dart, returning to the area where this ship is crashed will trigger the mission to start again from the beginning, and be in an incompletable state, as there are no more Zirax to shoot. Using the [ ] boxes to complete this mission again, and again, and again, will fill your inventory with base teleporters, adding one for each completion.

The Hoverbike tutorial/mission will also repeat whenever in range of the hoverbike, prompting you to go through all the steps again. While there are no repeat rewards for this, it is obnoxious. It also does not matter if you choose to complete or ignore/skip this, it will re-trigger regardless.

Description: Missions repeating/not advancing - duplicate rewards

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Play thorough the 2nd Solo mission, Crashed Bird
    2) Complete Crashed Bird and return to the crash site.
    3) Regarding Hoverbike - simply complete the Hoverbike tutorial/mission then exit, walk away and walk back to the hoverbike to retrigger.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: N/A

cddrury, Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I have had this happen for some of my custom missions as well, and had it reported to me from others, even when number of repeats is set to 1.
    I have not been able to narrow down a cause however except that a common theme seems to be its from missions that are rewarded by the game (chapter activation or reward chapter).

3. cddrury

cddrury Ensign

I have had this exact same problem through multiple tries to play the game. It basically starts when you approach the hoverbike. No matter what you choose (Let's go! or Decline), it constantly resets itself and pops up the quest question again and again. I have tried going through the quest normally, turning off Tutorials (it still pops up), and manually checking through the boxes. I eventually got to the point that the hoverbike quest registers as complete (after I had finished the small vehicle quest), but Story Quest #2 was reset with no way to start it up again.

4. ClipperUniverse

ClipperUniverse Ensign

I got similar issue too, when entering the hover bike the tutorial pop up asking if we want decline or lets play but any action lead to the "Crashed bird" mission overriding the "hoverbike" tutorial and that in loop as soon as i aproach the hover.

The workaround i find is removing the - hover bike and Signal from the hoverbike tuto section of the PDA file in my save, i cannot continue the hover tutorial but i can take the hoverbike and continue the story mission as the hover tutorial is the same apparently in the main menu, its not lost. But i afraid that bug the following tutorial after the hover one as i didnt complete it.

Edit: After re reading i notice that's not exactly the same issue i encounter but that seem related to the way how mission activation are triggered, only my though and need to look at it more deeply when on my pc.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022