Fixed Bugs spawning inside of bases

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Dramegno, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

Mode: (Survival)
    Mode: (Singleplayer)

SEED-ID: (696661)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: (no)

Reproducibility: (happens a lot)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (Spawning )

Summary: Bugs (Alien and spiders) spawn constantly in the blocks that make up my landing pad.

Description: I keep on getting spawns of said bugs stuck in the blocks that make up my base, I can only assume that they are spawning there. Also, I end up seeing a lot of bugs on top of my landing pad as well but I don't know if they are spawning there or wandering over there. I am including my save but I don't know if spawned creatures are saved.

Steps to Reproduce: (Unknown)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Save with bugs in the blocks: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16lbJ7Prq1IYQByVlzuUg-q3uxfJwIhTJ

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    You can check if there is really a spawn: open console > type in "dm" > hit F9 twice (zoom in/out with page up/down)

If there are "blue/cyan" circles in your base, this is a spawnpoint.

3. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

here are a couple screenshots, turns out today it is parasaurs instead of bugs.
    from me logging in today. Survival Test_2019-01-18_08-04-15.png Survival Test_2019-01-18_08-09-08.png

[EDIT]
    Just checked a big block of blocks I put over a spawner marked Parasaurs and it is full of Alien bugs now?
    Survival Test_2019-01-18_08-12-51.png Survival Test_2019-01-18_08-13-02.png

4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Do the NPC stay there if you relog?

The middle picture with the thrusters visible > this is an CV where NPC spawn into?

5. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

NO it is an SV on a 1-2 block thick landing pad the picture was taken with god mode enabled so I can view the critters in the blocks
    I probably should have taken better pictures. Both cases above have critters spawning on the ground inside of solid blocks. Also since I was told about the debug menu it I only see messages about spawn areas not respawning on game load and then I don't have issues with things growing under my floors till I go to space and return which seems to randomize spawn locations and not check for player bases.

6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Ah.. thats good info. So the animals spawning inside your structures start to appear when coming back from orbit? (Sry for that many questions)

7. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

yes from orbit or till my first game quit. the base made of xenosteel block above was placed after the last time I went into orbit. I was a better part of 100+ meters from it at the time and my rendering settings are set to near. Also when I originally posted this issue I built the landing pad after coming back from orbit and had spiders and Alien Bugs spawn under it constantly. I noticed when I logged back in to check the debug menu that there was spawns under my pad that was marked with "x will not respawn". That disappeard upon a quick jump to orbit and back and was replaced with a Parasaur spawn. Also if it matters both sites are within the Crash Site biome.

8. Cluascorp

Cluascorp Commander

I have got the same issue. Never had it before ver. 2070 ... Could not reproduce though, it seems very random. Here is a little clip that shows how annoying this can be ... Especially when you're a lousy shot like meo_O It's a brand new game, so i haven't even been in orbit ...

Pach likes this.
  9. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

well, Cluascorp with my experience it should stop if you quit and reload and then you should be fine till you leave your base for a long time at least I might do more science later today.

Cluascorp likes this.
  10. Atola

Atola Commander

@Cluascorp Your video had me LOL! Trying to kill aggrieve dinosaurs protected by your own floor. LOL

Cluascorp likes this.
  11. Fireflash120

Fireflash120 Ensign

Have same issue with spiders mainly. Have had a random raptors spawn in the base or in blocks and attack you. Best way right now is to remove the block and kill them.

Dedicated hosted server (Host Havoc) 15 players - no mods.

Seems to happen the most when you leave the area and come back in.

Also have noticed when you drop an item for another player in your base the item drops into the block. Have to jump into GM mode and retrieve the lost items or players use the multi-tool and remove the block.

12. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I am afraid we currently cannot reproduce the issue on our end :(

13. -Bed

-Bed Ensign

Sure are a lot of people having this problem for an issue you can't reproduce. I see it all the time on player built structures near/around spawn areas.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  14. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

I haven't seen bugs in bricks but I'm only a few weeks into my Empyrion journey- probably the same issue. Our game save is here...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eqNcBPg_cjLyLlScbGX0BHMghv4E6pAi

...and there does indeed seem to be a red dot overlapping my base in the garage (flight bay would be pretentious) which is where I found her three times and the basement elevator is right there for her to slither her three block body down the one block hole.

When I jumped back into the game after zipping the save up she was there again (not at playfield/playfield transition) and open wound & fractured me when I asked her to leave with my shotgun … I ran faster around the base than she did and since she chases by trying to match my position on the map that had her angry on the outside of the base and flailing to get at me.

As a multiblock critter the Pangolin seems to be able to transcend the buffer a one block wall offers because she almost killed me inside from the outside with that nasty flail-tail.

And I couldn't grab the bandages via F4 as she managed to core my base (!) which is three blocks in from the outside … thankfully I had a spare in a crate and managed to regain control before dying. (wish list: a device like a thumper to get these guys to stampede the Zirax- classic nature vs. techno trope.)

Worst part: My wife said "Are you sure we want to put the base here with that Pangolin so close" and I said "Sure! She can be our base mascot/meat/egg supply all in one!"

Cluascorp and Pach like this.
  15. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

I did find a very small air space (crack) under my base between the bottom block and the ground layer. The Second base has yet to spawn any more critters in it after the first quit and reload.

Cluascorp likes this.
  16. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

I have the same issue. I have raptors spawning just under my front pad. I've dug down and filled it with blocks and they spawn inside the blocks.
    I'm not sure how to read this but I've zoomed all the way in.

Screenshot_1.jpg

I'm not sure what to do except move. We've added guns and it's free meat but you never know if you're out working on a ship and get bit.
    IMHO, building a base next to a spawn should null out the spawn, but as I said, it's free meat.:p

17. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

Quick question for those who are having this issue do you have the game installed on an hdd or ssd?

18. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Please attach the save game with your character left in this location from your screenshot.
    SP saves are found here:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

Right click on the save file & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box in the link above or use the upload a file option.
    If the file is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive then add a share link to it.
    Thanks.

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You know that this make no difference in Game Performance but in Loading time on Game Start?

20. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

I have noticed that when I have the game on hdd structures and trees take longer to "pop" in and I generally see npcs walking around farther out. I am just trying to see what common factors those that have this issue have so the devs have a higher chance of replicating the issue.

also, I seem to have stopped having this issue since I transferred my install to an sdd as in I have had only one instance of this happening since that happened when before I would have sometimes two or three different types of creatures spawn seemingly every 5-10 minutes.