Bugs law conservation mass.

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by cgw 2, Sep 28, 2019.

1. cgw 2

cgw 2 Commander

Incorrectly made weight

Law conservation mass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_mass
    https://courses.lumenlearning.com/introchem/chapter/the-law-of-conservation-of-mass/

1 ton is 1000 kg = 2204.62... lb
    for example:
    mass generator k1 I.e. 40000kg = 40 tons. = 88184.9lb
    The question is where does the mass go and where does the mass come from?
    When I have parts I have weight 527kg (1161.83lb)
    But when I assembled the generator it began to wave 39473kg (87023lb) more.
    See img.

Same with MultiTool
    When I dismantle objects I lose parts (to nowhere)

And for engines look at the game KSP Thrust-to-weight ratio (TWR)
    https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Thrust-to-weight_ratio

After such an imbalance, you immediately stop wanting to play this game.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I love topics about Entropy and mass !

Oh this is only partially that !

Well I guess they did what they did for game balance, cos you know weight or real rest mass isnt really that important at theend of the day, the more important thing to do is balance the game, but I see what your saying also, and some consideration for that should be applied when figuring out all the weights of objects, but, there is always a but !
    With so many items and blocks and devices in the game, literally hundreds , I imagine its going to take a good couple of years to fully balance and tweek all of that properly.
    Which means for now, gross miss matches of weights.

Now back to Entropy, not so much mass !
    Speaking about closed systems.
    We humans are a less complex form of energy but one of the most complex animals ever to exist !
    Ironic or what !

Even our pretend ships we make on our PC screens through our PC and a program called Empyrion, help the universe become more kaotic every day converting energy to a lesser organised form.

And then there is that whacky idea we live in a multiverse, sheesh, aint no closed systems at all if thats the case !!!
    Cos energy could be sapped from one verse to another and any creature inside any of those verses, can never test or detect it, to them, thats no closed system !

If thats the case, then we will probably never know.

The test they did at CERN in relation to single verse vs multiverse , voltage measurements of the most incredible types from atoms at close to the speed of light, utilizing the new particle discoveries [ higs boson etc ] to get an actual result.
    This is the only REAL test ever done by mankind to test for a multiverse.
    The required voltage was 45, the scientists at CERN agreed that 45 is definitely a multiverse, at 15 its definitely a single verse, what was the voltage they got in the experiment, 25.

How trippy is that, right in the middle, slightly closer to a single verse !

WE NEED A BIGGER BOAT !

I mean we need a bigger more powerful CERN !

Anyway, as you were !

3. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Really, the important thing is that the mass of a block/device be the sum of the masses of its components. Sure, some recipes might need some iterating, but the current disparity between mass of inputs and mass of outputs is what needs to be fixed.

Lizard_of_Fire likes this.
  4. cgw 2

cgw 2 Commander

It’s especially fun when the constructor far (in another sector)
    you flew to him and threw the parts and you can’t take the result back , (Since the mass of the result is greater) it annoys.

It is also sad that the mass was made and they did not think how to transport this mass. Would make at least something a big hover .

There is not much to balance.
    For me, the more important thing is to add content to the game. since the content is incredibly small in the game.
    Well, you can come up with a solution so that many ships do not lag. those. they can somehow be measured so that it does not require computer resources. Well, for example, redrawing a ship from cubes into one model during a flight( removing unnecessary vertices).
    For example, in X Rebirth there are many ships and they do not lag.
    And then so much content can be added. But nobody needs it.:(
    Since it is difficult and expensive.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  5. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Are you serious ?
    Content is incredibly small in the game ?

Dude, there is more content in this game than almost every game in this genre, you may not use it all but this game has eons of content already.

From playing, to POI building, to scenario building, to creative WS building to MP its absolutely loaded with content, especially for an EA game.

X-Rebirth is such a bad example to use, its not a voxel based game mate.

You cant build your ship 1 block at a time, its a terrible example to use.

The game is scaled completely different, you are effectively an ANT scale in that game, you dont get to walk around any bases or ships, its all menus, but being ANT scale allows for ''seemingly'' huge bases etc in space which give the impression of being a great performer PC wise, but its all nothing more than scaling tricks.
    X-Rebirth does not have the complexity of Empyrion, not even close mate.

It may appear to have more features on the surface, but its actually has not, and it lacks hundreds of blocks to build with......

That game also has mostly negative reviews, well over 4000 of them, vs a dozen good reviews, again, what a poor example to use.

For a comparison remotely close to fair it needs to be a voxel based game mate.

Comparing Empyrion to Tetris just doesnt work.

cgw 2 likes this.
  6. cgw 2

cgw 2 Commander

Yes, EGS one of the best games.
    But EGS can grow further more and more.
    There is a wish for it.

7. KFCSpork

KFCSpork Ensign

If we're going to hold this game to physics and realism what about the fact that planets are only a few km wide when you're in space flying around them