CURRENTLY not reproducible Build Tools Still Borked

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by dracconis69, Feb 11, 2019.

1. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

Mode: Both

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: Any

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: Build Tools still fail at there job

Description: You still can not use the build tools the way they were meant to be used. Any use of the Cut/Paste feature causes a ship's shown name tag to turn red and get decayed by the game. This was done in the 9.2, 9.3, and now the new 9.4 versions with the same effects as mentioned.

Steps to Reproduce: Spawn in a HV, use the build tools to cut the HV in half so that the core will be exposed, then paste the cut section back in, move the selection out of the way, click paste 1 more time to make it permanent, then try to cut the other half of the HV only to find the build tools WILL NOT cut the newly selected half. At this point you may also get the Continue, Continue & Mail, Quit & Mail popup. If you do not receive the popup try to then cut the first half again only to find the name tg turns red and the ship then disappears from the playfield as a destroyed ship with a false core as noted by the screenshot below. If you do receive the popup then you get the following error log as seen in the attachments.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Empyrion Build Tool Disfuntionality.png

Attached Files:

NimrodX likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did you paste the selction which contained the core?
    Can you please attach the blueprint OR the savegame (the latter might be better) so we can have a look?

3. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    PS fyi > what i did

1. Cut an area so the core was exposed
    20190216105711_1.jpg

2. Pasted it back in at the same spot

= no change in nametag color

4. dracconis69

dracconis69 Lieutenant

Hmm it seems something has changed since the release of 9.4 2275 and I can not reproduce the issue. This however is what I was referring to in the steps I mentioned in the report leading up to the aforementioned issue. Step 1 (Cut).png Step 2 (Paste).png Step 3 (Move).png Step 4 (Paste Permanent).png This last pic is when I would then try to cut the other half that has the core in it and get the issues I was talking about. Up til that point everything was fine. But since the new update to 9.4 I am unable to reproduce the issue at this time, however should I come across the issue again I will make sure that I send you the new information that you requested.

5. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    That would be great. Thanks! :)