[Builders League] Missing Creative Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

I miss proper light to build in creative mode. The headlight is not enough especially when somebody working on a big size project and want to see the whole thing time to time from a distance at night. The drone has its own problems, like loosing signal, delayed reaction. In space the contrast is too big between the light and dark areas, but we can move way faster, what I miss on the planets. On planets the surface is not flat and building everything in space not an option because gravity is matter for buildings. So I think some special building area for creative mode can be very useful. To be able lifting up objects is also on my vishlist.

Mortlath, jmtc, geostar1024 and 3 others like this.
  2. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

If in creative I dont care about day cycles, so i just build in day time.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

But in space, the light/day/night never changes angles. So cannot adjust the sun easily (plus the dark side of things is pretty dark). Works great on planets, to lock the sun at around early morning.

4. zztong

zztong Captain

In space (creative mode), it helps to fly out of the asteroid field too. The darn things block the sun depending on where you build.

With an RCS and Command Chair on the ship you're building, you can rotate stuff into the daylight.

5. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

How can I lock the sun?

6. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Hit esc, you'll find 'debug options' which has a slider for time of day and how fast the day advances.

If it's not showing for some reason (or want to use it in survival) type debugmenu or dm in the console.

Tyrax Lightning and Ramachandra like this.
  7. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

This debug menu is great!

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  8. frank walls

frank walls Lieutenant

Not sure if this is the place for block suggestions, but I would love see something like this for small passages. This is just one block, but there's enough room for the player to walk through.

Attached Files:

9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

That would be cool - but potentially problematic with the current oxygen implementation. As a block is either airtight or not (no matter it's shape or orientation) - you would either suffocate in that tube, or it'd have to be surrounded by other blocks in order to be airtight.

10. frank walls

frank walls Lieutenant

That is true, but it's an issue they need to solve at some point since there are quite a few blocks that are affected by that problem.

11. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

I wish to be able to upload enemy POIs to the workshop, and let them spawn in game. Of course some extra feature like where to spawn is required. (Already strange to me to see POIs on the barren moon with potted flowers outside.) And to be able to sink them underground not only vertically and to be able set up teleports is also welcome.
    Other thing we could use a new categories in the workshop for decorative POIs, settlements, Bases and shipwrecks in space, or on asteroids. If this options are there I'm sure content for the game will quickly start to grow. If we get half of that what we have from ships on the workshop already we may need a galaxy very soon.

12. JDaremo Fireheart

JDaremo Fireheart Lieutenant

- Mirror is still flipping blocks and textures. I texture one side, and some spots on the other are reversed or upside down. Which could be a symptom of the blocks being flipped in mirror.
    - The "Flatten Ground" option for bases needs to also be looked at. I've spawned in a couple and they ended up floating a block in the air above the flattened ground.
    - Sometimes when coming out of Godmode in Creative, I'm flung a Km or two into the air away from my work platform.

Things I'd like to see
    - More Thruster Design options
    - Jet engines for the SVs & HVs . . . Possibly a combination one that incorporates Two directions
    - RSC2 for SV & HV (I know it's probably been said before, but adding my vote)
    - Furniture Blocks for SVs & HVs (bed, dressers, toilet, shower, etc)
    - More light shape options
    - Spotlights For Bases!
    - Stone Texture for Metal (for flying castle builds)
    - More Wood Textures for Wood & Metal
    - . . . can't find the list I wrote, wife must have cleaned up my desk again . . .

13. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

Not essential, but we do not have steps from concrete. Some of the buildings can look better with them.

14. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Commander

One shape that seems to be missing is some way of creating a sloped tail fin, like a fighter jet
    [​IMG]

We can make ones that go straight up, but not angled outwards.