[Builders League] Missing Creative Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

My current issues when building:

Paint/textures: not enough options.

Symmetry tool: Doesn't work with paint/textures. Only works on one plane at a time.

The ability to outline a shape(like a large dome for example) and have the game fill in the blocks would be handy. Ideally I'd choose the geometric shape I want to build, pick it's placement along one of the axis, and then click/drag with the mouse to dynamically determine it's size. This would be fabulous for things like doors too. I'm always running into wanting more sizes for doors/hangar doors.

Lighting: A general diffuse lighting toggle that lights up the entire playfield(with an intensity slider).

Multitool: It requires charges/materials to operate in creative. Could you remove the requirement for materials and charges for all the tools in creative? Or a toggle would be nice.

Transparency mode: Sometimes I'm trying to tweak thrusters/power/other devices and I want to see where everything is placed inside a structure without having to tear it apart.

Block placement: Sometimes it can be a real chore trying to place something in the spot I want it. Hangar doors for example. Options for manually moving it horizontally(we already have vertical page up/down) might help.

The lab deco items are amazing. Please add more themed deco packs like that.

That thing that happens when you bump into surfaces in zero g? And it spins you around? Could you make it not do that? Thanks.

Edit: One last thing....is there any particular reason why the most recently modified blueprint moves to the bottom of the list? I'd like it at the top of the list. Also a confirmation box when overwriting blueprints when the name doesn't match. I make backups and double check all the time but I dread overwriting the wrong blueprint.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    rainyday, Jacoviz, Neal and 2 others like this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Has anyone yet Suggested a New Creative Mode Feature for taking stuff already there, going into its Properties, then clicking a future new 'Lock Building from Editing' Feature so if you're doing something like working on a HV on a Base Platform & the damn Twitchy Placement causes a Aiming Accident with the Shift + RMB Block Removal for example, the 'Lock' on that Base underneath or to the side of the HV blocks the Block Removal Command from activating... instead of having to spend a few minutes wondering what had just accidentally gotten hit by the Shift + RMB Block Removal Command Aiming Accident...? :mad:

oojimaflip likes this.
  3. Neal

Neal Captain

• An Option to make the model transparent. (The same thing @Siege Inc. suggested), that'd be a huge help indeed.
    • I love the new Laboratory decoration! It's really well done, especially since some have limited function (Boxes and so on). Please, please do (many) more like that, it's really needed! (not just lab equipment, but everything, especially nice looking consoles)
    • Would it be possible to add a open Cockpit, that looks more like a chair (aka a command chair)? I think that would be more suitable position for a Captain or Commander of a Capital Vessel, than a simple Pilot seat.
    • Monitors and cameras: It'd be nice if we could place a camera device somewhere and have the according image on a monitor.
    • I also love the new block types! Especially the Cube half, which creates much more natural feeling ceilings. What i would need would be more Ramps (like 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 or even finer increments) and according corners to connect them in a 90 and 45 (or even smaller) angle.
    • Weapons. First, i'm not criticising your work. But i would wish the availlable weapons (CV, BA, SV and HV) would look a bit more futuristic and less like WW1 guns. Maybe there could be some different looking models via the right mouse button? (i would very much appreciate designs that don't stand out so much. Maybe there could be different styles be availlable later?)
    • A couple of days ago i had the idea of having some kind of filler&flatten tool to make hard edges on Bocks look round and smooth. (yeah i love Star Trek ships and sharp edges look terrible on my designs, lol.) This should only be a optical thing, the "nature" of the block should not be affected.
    • Most importantly: Texture&Symbol Tool, Color Tool: Give both tools the option to increase their range (normal, 10m, 25m 50m) and the affected area (normal, 3x3 blocks, 5x5 blocks, 10x10 blocks) via the right button menu. This one is DESPERATELY needed, Texturing and painting big CVs or Bases is a PAIN and seriously frustrating, almost a game breaker to me. I don't know how many nice looking designs i have abandoned, because texturing and painting them would have taken hours over hours.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  4. BalackFT

BalackFT Ensign

Agreed.

I think the Texture & Color tools should have sliders that allow you do adjust both range and width. Their current functionality is very painful during large builds.

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I agree with everyone that says we need more textures for our texture tool. I would like to see more Ship Armor textures, ship walls. floors textures added to the texture tool. I'm sure you could come up with at least 6 more textures for Ship's Armor.

Jacoviz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Oh I love the weapons we have but could you give us a bunch of Weapons blocks? They would look like regular blocks but with different weapons output so we can design our own weapons. We could have a laser block, a cannon block, a EMP block and some type of missile block.

Also can we get some Exterior lights that blink for our ships that can be seen from 300m or more ? Also spot lights for CVs and lights that are in block form so we can build some structures that light up.

The last addition to the game would be some type of animation blocks like Space Engineers has. Space Engineers calls them pistons and rotors. They help ship designs come to life. Also sound blocks would be amazing for this game so when our ships are attacked we can hear an alarm go off in our ships or bases .

7. michaelhartman89

1. I would love to see some animated blocks, a roaring fireplace with sound, a fancy waterfall for building atriums, fountains, maybe some strobe lights, laserlights so we can make a club, smoke machines.
    2. Ability to place water, flowing and non flowing. That way we can finally fill our swimming pools. It would also be cool bc we could make indoor streams for hotels and resorts, so i can build a neat riverwalk.
    3. Placeable rocks and trees, hedges etc.
    4. Bronze, silver, gold signs kind of like the lcd's but small and large sizes.
    5. We need a Hexagon block, octagon block both in glass and steel.

6. We need a variety of curves to get away from using so many straight and angled blocks in our builds. More decorative blocks, the palisade fence block was a good addition.
    7. I would love to see more furniture pieces, bookshelves, fine wood furniture, animal pelts, bear rugs, animal trophies and carpets(textures) as well as some mechanic tools and toolboxes. Maybe some interacting things to put in our hangar bays such as lifts, pulleys, cranes, conveyors.
    8. 8 tools we need for building in empyrion:
      1. Scaling system for building with the ability to build using cubes, spheres, polygons and different shapes to drag out the shape to a desired size and let it build it with the appropriate blocks
      2. Glass window shades and colors. Ability to stain glass.
      3. Ability to paint roads, grass, highways, sidewalks on the ground to replace whatever there with a flat terrain with a asphalt/ concrete/ grass texture. This would be perfect for modular cities.
      4. tunneling system, maybe an added feature for tunneling through mountains or underground. This could use snap mechanics ( think subnautica)
      5. Park benches, street lights and other decorations for use in creating a cityscape.
      6. Ability to create signs or post jpeg photos to devices to replace textures. Also the ability to upload gif files to lcd screens to add to the immersion of the game.
      7.Adjustible windows with switch to open close blinds
      8. Copy, cut, paste, lasso, duplicate or clone, rotate tools for editing structures.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Starwing6, Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  8. Neal

Neal Captain

Levers/Buttons and monitors/cameras.

Levers/Buttons: press button X to activate feature Y. In combination with rotating and other moving blocks.
    Monitors/Cameras: set a camera somewhere and watch the image on a Monitor. (within a certain range, of course.)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. Aernoud

Aernoud Lieutenant

Lots of interesting ideas above. Most of the things I want to add are already stated. Just a few I did not find (but did not read though all, so could be duplicate)

Jacoviz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. A.F.T

A.F.T Ensign

LIGHT! Give us more light! Warp drive, lasers, moderate technology and our suit do not have simple light? Do you see space suit with out the light? My eyes blow up. WTF/ Or just make a creative playfield (in space) with 360* sun light.

Siege Inc., Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  11. Matt_Bradock

Matt_Bradock Ensign

Personally my biggest issues when trying to build in creative:
    - Symmetry doesn't work on REMOVING blocks and devices, only adding them. This hinders me by far the most when building new stuff or modifying old stuff.
    - Adding textures and paint also doesn't work on symmetry. I'd greatly appreciate if I didn't have to paint every single block by hand on one side then try mirror it to the other.
    - God why can't we have multiple symmetry axis active?

12. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

It does, if you remove the block by using shift+ RMB - WHILE holding a block (of anykind) in hand.

13. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Captain

I'd love to be able to define "meta-blocks": a structure of some of the standard blocks, saved as a ensemble with all its attribute like painting and texture, that i can use for building like the elementary blocks (including rotation). Would save me a lot of work.

14. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

I would like to have the means to "move" a block. Some block, like sensors, can have a lot of configuration stored in them that gets lost if the block is deleted and a new one is put down.

Tyrax Lightning, Jacoviz and rainyday like this.
  15. magnusshields

magnusshields Commander

I would like to have about two three more textures that have dials and button and stuff for cockpits and command decks. cockpit 2.jpg cockpit 1.jpg
    I would also so like some oil and exhaust sticker for the texture tool the textures that are letters and overlay. I think you could use some oil and exhaust smears. Love the rust or camo ones you have now.
    oil leak.jpg ex.jpg

zztong and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. N99024

N99024 Captain

This is more aimed towards survival, but what about customization using holograms on the building, proving a general idea of what kind of blocks you'll want to place and where before you do, kinda like a creative mode but it doesn't actually place the blocks instead.

17. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I really want these two things for painting and texturing:

- The ability to rotate textures like symbols can be rotated. It's time consuming and a bit annoying to tear out blocks and orient them so the texture lines up with the rest of the blocks in the area. Currently you cannot control the way textures wrap around blocks, making many textures useless for surfaces that reveal more than one face of the block :(

- A paint colour selection tool just like the one you have in character creation! Having complete control of the hue, tint, and tone would be beyond perfect :D

18. Runningwithhamster

You can use multitool in rotation mode to change orientation of already existing block.

19. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

I have tried that but never got it to work. How can I do it?

Ballard and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Ballard

Ballard Captain

I also cannot get a set block to twirl as I want. All too often a block takes a texture and is obviously out of line with the general 'grain' of the building. The only way to fix it is by trial and error, multi tool the block out, and then replace it, re-texture, observe, and repeat until it is correct. I would love to learn an easier way.