[Builders League] Missing Creative Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 6, 2016.

1. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I sent you a message about it.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. N99024

N99024 Captain

Color and texture tools works with symmetry: Check
    Color and texture tools can cover a larger area: next?

3. Neal

Neal Captain

That would be highly desireable imo.

4. frank walls

frank walls Lieutenant

A paint all or texture all option would be nice. I often paint the ship or base exterior one color or texture and then add accents or highlights to it after.

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. michaelhartman89

CUT, COPY, PASTE

WITH A CLIP BOARD!!!!!

Building

- Scaling system for building with the ability to build using cubes, spheres, polygons and different shapes to drag out the shape to a desired size and let it build it with the appropriate blocks

- Glass window shades and colors. Ability to stain glass.

- optimization for bigger builds, along with a color wheel, new texture packets, gloss features, new skins and matte layovers, COPY, CUT AND PASTE feature as well.

- A clipboard to store shapes we design using the copy mechanics. I hate having to build the same complex build 4 times in a row in order to flesh out a part of my build. It would be nice to have more options to gloss, as well as the old shine we used to have on the steel blocks.

- addition of adding water to our builds

- more block variants, more textures, colors, more deco blocks (consoles, computer panels, stations or technical devices)

- We need the paint bucket feature where we can paint an entire structure one color, or only paint certain areas, like a consistent surface with no breaks or edges. For instance if I need a whole area painted red and it is all consistent, meaning it is staying the same level, not raising or lowering to a different plane, you should be able to select a color and paint it all one color. This would be interrupted by a change of plane (shape) or texture. So if I have a line 200 blocks long with no different textures or change in plane, i should be able to color it all in one click.

Merge Blocks
    - Merge block feature to unify all blocks to one structure for creation of Non-POI city structures such as sky scrapers, markets, bazaars, cantinas, sky walkways, tram tunnels etc. to reduce the demand of rendering all individual voxels at once.

- As far as BA, CV, HV and SV's go, I would rather them be segmented. maybe group certain sections differently such as: engine room, warp room, hangar bay, and let the system have set parameters where is deals out specific hp for each structure incorporated in each segment. Then when that area is destroyed, everything in there is damaged. Each segment of the hull could display a percentage of integrity on the enemies screen, that way they can see what damage is being dealt.

- have each segment when destroyed un-merge those blocks and let them be destroyed. So if my engine bay is at critical health, the voxels there un merge and each voxel there has 10% hp. So if the other player keeps hitting my engine bay, he starts destroying the blocks and devices in that section of the ship.

http://empyriononline.com/threads/mega-blocks-made-by-players.12439/

Textures (Texture Gun)
    - Ability to paint roads, grass, highways, sidewalks on the ground to replace whatever there with a flat terrain with a asphalt/ concrete/ grass texture. This would be perfect for modular cities.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  6. michaelhartman89

Terrain Editor Options (Creative Map Editor - instead of YAML)
    - tools to copy, paste, cut, dig, fill, add bodies of water/ rivers, sharpen terrain features, raise, lower, add layers for caverns or raise terrain to make floating terrain like avatar.

- Make a system to make a random terrain and then let the user edit it and make it their own. Also add a easy system to add poi's, animals, npc's, quest items, ships, etc

(started implementing in 6.0)

- Multiple Biome Planets

- Add roads and street signs

- prefab tram ways and rails.

- add deep caverns, plateaus and steep cliffs to our maps
    (2/3 complete with update 7.0)

- add prefab structures added by the devs from either the workshop or as 3d models to design cities

- add and tweak size of vegetation. For those of us who desire to play in a playfield that resembles Kashyyk.

Vehicle types
    - Railways and Trams maybe some metropolis with a basic public transportation system or even a shuttle service to and from the space station to a settlement

Tunneling Feature
    - Tunneling system, maybe an added feature for tunneling through mountains or underground. This could use snap mechanics ( think subnautica)

Decorations
    - Park benches, street lights and other decorations for use in creating a cityscape.

- Adjustible windows with switch to open close blinds

- LCD screens have the ability to have multiple texts or slide shows.

- a way to record in game footage or take photos and play them on LCD screens

- exterior cameras or security cams with ability to display live footage on lcd or access with p menu on "Registry". This way we can check in on our pvp bases.

In-game art
    - Ability to create signs or post jpeg photos to devices to replace textures. Also the ability to upload gif files to lcd screens to add to the immersion of the game.

7. michaelhartman89

8. michaelhartman89

9. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

I wish to have the following block shapes:

Shapes.jpg

vicomt and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

And we could use half and quarter slice shape from the first line, and half cut from the second line blocks.
    Shapes 2.jpg

vicomt and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Ok I don't know if this has been added to this list yet and I know Hummel has heard this suggestion millions of times but please can you give us the ability to spawn our Blueprints in Creative as Enemy ships or Freighters ? So we can test our weapons on our own Blueprints?
    This feature would add so much to creative mode. In a game called Starmade you have the ability to spawn in your blueprint and set your blueprint to Pirate or neutral . If you set your blueprint to Pirate and it will attack you and sometimes chase you. This feature in Creative mode in Empyrion would truely make Creative mode it's own game. Empyrion has a really great survival game but sometimes players want to have a real sandboxish experience where they can just shoot stuff and take a small break from survival mode.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

OH YES!! I totally agree,. Please give us a paint all button . This suggestion should be at the top of the list. I enjoy painting but after a while it would be nice to focus on detailing more than painting.

13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I am happy with creative mode like it is but what if Empyrion added the ability to create your own shapes in this game ? I don't know if it's possible in Empyrion but a game called planet Explorers has a Creative editor that allows you to do this and Dual Universe has a feature that is going to allow something like this. They also allow you to smooth the edges of your builds in this creative editor. I'm not sure how you guys feel about this but I know builders in other games believe it takes the skill out of building but it does make some beautiful creations. I do know if we did have this ability, there would be ships in this game that make the ships in Star Citizen and other games look like something created in a 2009 indie game. lol
    Here it is being used in Planet Explorers

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ahh, Planet Explorers. Like that game. Played it long ago during the Era of my prior Computer Build & liked building stuff in it. :)

Stopped playing it cause it got frustrating having my beautiful new Creations, especially Large Vehicles, get built, then during their Test Run, have the game run so poorly I couldn't ever do anything but drive off the edge of Rendered Terrain into Un-Rendered Terrain & fall into the Void below, thus never really be able to test my stuff. Plus it sucked not being able to run the game.

Someday I oughta look in on that game & see if this Computer Build can run it. :)

Also there IS times when i've thought it'd be cool to be able to build my own Weapons in Empyrion kinda like how I could in Planet Explorers. :D

geostar1024 likes this.
  15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Could you imagine what you could do in Empyrion if you had Planet Explorers Creative Editor?? Well to my surprise Planet Exporers is still going and people still seem to enjoy it. I would love to be able to build my own weapons in Empyrion.

16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Now I wish I had no RL so I could play Empyrion & Planet Explorers at the same time. :(

Oops, I kinda sorta still need to actually Contribute to the Thread... umm... uh... oh yeah! Can we please ditch the stupid finite amounts of stuff to Build with in Creative when there's no such thing as a good reason at all why we can only hand ourselves a single Large T2 CV/Base Generator at a time? Seriously, there's no such thing as a good reason why handing ourselves a Base/CV Large T2 Generator & being able to plop down Infinite of them would ever be OP or any such thing like that.

Mortlath and geostar1024 like this.
  17. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

I think the creative mode could use a material converter feature. Like convert all X type blocks to Z in a blueprint.
    Same could work for colors and textures. This way it can take few clicks to try a new color scheme on a ship. And the mouse pointer could work as a sample tool, no need to go trough pages if more colors/textures available in the future.

18. GTv

GTv Captain

Voxel building system as is being demoed for DU.

19. vicomt

vicomt Captain

that video's been around a while, it's lovely. A very interesting engine.

20. H.P. Strangelove

Just adding on to this - I'd like to see a non-curved 45° cylinder with appropriate end block shapes.

Tyrax Lightning and Ramachandra like this.