can i use Only Meteors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Francois, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Francois

Francois Lieutenant

Hi Guys,

I was wondering, would it be possible to create a planet without the resource nodes and only use falling meteors?

2. Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger Captain

I guess that really depends on what drops with the meteor.

3. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I think the meteor process is triggered when one of a planet's resources drops below 10% of the originally generated amount. My guess is the closest you could get at this time would be to have it generate 1 node for each resource and make it a size 1 or 2, so that it will be mined out in a matter of seconds and trigger the meteorites for that resource.

Also I don't know if they've fixed it yet, but in pre-alpha when we'd trigger the meteors for a resource, they would follow us and start falling on any system we went to.

4. Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger Captain

Sound like a user centric event.

5. TRMancer

TRMancer Commander

That still happens. I mined out most of the magnesium on Akua since the Alpha, and got a meteor there. When I went to Akua moon a magnesium meteor dropped - and of course, the moon has no magnesium normally. I haven't seen the thing you got some time back on your LPs though, where the meteors would "fall" in space.

6. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Yeah they fixed the meteors falling in space thing. That was a hilarious bug.

7. Francois

Francois Lieutenant

Yeah i guess i have to tell the game wich resources should be on the planet in the first place. Your idea indeed seems like the closest to what i want.