Please take over Can we have a toggle for "Tech Tree"?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by JuStX2, Aug 8, 2021.

?

Does Disabling the Tech Tree need to be a option for even the most causal host?

1. Yes. I want every server to have their options.

66.7%
  2. Yes, but I want to reserve it for modded servers that have the skill to alter their files only.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, but I like Spiders.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, But I hate spiders.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, but I don't care.

33.3%
  6. No, but these choices are rigged.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yes, but these choices are rigged.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JuStX2

JuStX2 Captain

I'm leaving my final feedback about the state of the game, and something that to this day irks me, after maxing tech points on at least 3 different servers all of which shutdown (Two PvE, One Mixed PvP/PvE), the Tech Tree is probably the least fun aspect of the game for me, I might pick it up again if it were to be disabled and/or linked to a toggle setting for new games, but as things stand I'm bowing out with no real good words to say about Empyreon in my Steam Review. It's been good times, but the fact is this still hasn't been addressed since the Tech Tree became a thing. All I'm asking is that you put the choice in the server-owners and by proxy players who choose to play on them hands.

What I don't consider an Answer:

-Having to Mod the Config Files by the server to remove tech requirements (This Should be a Vanilla Option the Same as Logistics and Mass Limit)

-Having to Choose between this setting and some arbitary "counterbalance" that is made up for the sake of justifying the limit.

-Having No Action Taken.

As I mentioned before I'm bowing out here, but if things change I may change both my mind and my steam review.