Can't claim PoIs as bases anymore???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disciple, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Disciple

Disciple Ensign

When did this happen and is there anyway around it? It doesn't make sense that one of the most common things to do in single-player survival, claiming a piece of wreckage or MOB base as your own starter doesn't seem possible anymore.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    What’s exactly not working anymore?

3. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

I dropped a core in the wreckage added walls and turned it into my base. That's in just a normal random game. Worked fine for me.

4. scapino

scapino Ensign

Don't forget to change the base from "No Faction" to "Private".

5. Disciple

Disciple Ensign

It wouldn't even let me drop a core. Claims the PoI, which is not part of any mission I'm aware of, is 'regenerateable.' It's just a typical white PoI that was easily claimable before 9.0, I'm pretty sure. I'm playing Survival. Also tried in the core scenario with the same message.

I have to use "gm iv" to even place items, and still have no control over the walls or stuff that came with the base. I can't even drop a core in the "Wreckage" that used to be THE STARTER base in the Robinson missions.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Just to clarify, are you playing the default survival mode, or a custom scenario?

POI regeneration is globally disabled by default in the default survival scenario, allowing you to claim any base.

7. mraadx

mraadx Ensign

if the POI have alien xeno block, it seems like you can't place your core in it. Other POI alien that doesn't have xeno block in it is possible.

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That "shouldn't" matter.

9. Disciple

Disciple Ensign

I may be mistaken, but I'm reasonably sure the PoI that spawned this post was in a default survival game. I landed via escape pod and initiated the Robinson Protocol.

10. Disciple

Disciple Ensign

Ok, double-checked, the game is standard Survival. I could have sworn it was a white PoI, but it's now showing red. However, I did blow the core out of it (WITHOUT gm iv on, actually did it with a pistol), which was a standard core painted white, and the core I installed with gm iv is still there, I can access the core, but cannot change the building or place components... there's even a personal locker that I cannot even access to loot. If it makes a difference, the PoI is called "Engine Component" but it looks like an abandoned base, it's NOT, to my knowledge, part of the Robinson Protocol and definitely not part of the crashed ship the Protocol sends you to.

I should also note, again, that in the same game I could not drop a core in the "Wreckage" where the Robinson Protocol sends you to loot the personal locker there either, in the past the game actually encouraged you to set up a base in that wreckage if you wanted to.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Hmm... I'll try to test this out to see if I have the same problem.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Only thing I can think of is you somehow started either a default multiplayer game, or you started the game in coop mode sometime before they changed it so POI regeneration isn't enabled for coop mode.

13. Disciple

Disciple Ensign

Single-player, started the night I started this thread. It's weird.

14. ArcticPrism

ArcticPrism Commander

It's a bandaid solution at best but you can use a console command when you reach a point where you'd normally be able to place a core. I'm not sure if it will help with core placement or not though.

Creation your own faction and name it whatever and make an abbreviation that you'll use for the command.

Open the console with ~ key and type di. This will give you a little popup with some information. Get close to the POI and point your cursor at the POI. That should give you an ID for it. Then type faction entity abbreviation ID. This will set the building to your faction and give you control over it.

Example if your faction abbreviation is ABC and the POI id is 12345:
    faction entity ABC 12345

Thundercraft and ravien_ff like this.
  15. Disciple

Disciple Ensign

Thanks, Arctic, I'll try that next chance I get.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Check your save gameoptions.yaml file too.

Should be located in Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Saves/Games/YourSaveGameName

Open up gameoptions.yaml and check if it has anything that says:

RegeneratePOIs: True

If it does, try changing it to False and saving it and opening up your game again.

Thundercraft and Disciple like this.