CURRENTLY not reproducible Can't Loot Blue Plant Protein Plant (With correct plant version)

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by Nimmanu, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Nimmanu

Nimmanu Lieutenant

Build: v1.4 3259 06-14:11 (noticed it in last several versions)
    Mode: All
    Mode: All

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: None

Reproducibility: Every new map
    Severity: Minor

Type: Terrain sprites

Summary: Cannot loot blue plant protein plant because it's too deeply in the terrain.

Description: Even if you remove the terrain from around countersunk blue protein plants, you still cannot loot them. I can't even target them (in either state). Now, while this isn't a major thing, it seems to be increasing substantially in frequency. To add, I did not know that one version of the plant was never intended to be lootable, but I do know that it happens with the 'lootable' version also (now that I know the difference). I found one fairly quickly when I went looking. This is happening quite a lot.

Steps to Reproduce: Check any map or make a new map. (Happens on any planet where they can spawn) This is a brand new map in single player. No one has looted it before me (as sometimes happens on multiplayer games).

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Here's a screenshot of the same plant as it was, and after drilling around it. Cannot be looted in either case, even once the 'root' is exposed.

blueplantbug3.jpg blueplantbug4.jpg

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    When doing exactly this every one I go to is working just fine
    Swamp:
    NewGame_26_2021-02-06_20-21-18.png

Temperate:
    NewGame_27_2021-02-06_20-23-11.png

Can you try resetting your keybinds if they are not already using the default layout default ?
    Maybe also leave your character standing in front of one of them, exit the save & create a compressed copy of it & attach it here ?

Attached Files:

Kaloriaa and Germanicus like this.
  3. Nimmanu

Nimmanu Lieutenant

I loaded up that same game, standing in front of that same plant, and the leaves are there but no blue flowers. I had 54 plant protien in my inventory when I reached it and tried to pick it, and still after. I never got the little square so you can loot it. The blue was visible when I logged, but it's gone now.

Attached Files:

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Ok I couldn't reproduce a issue the but also noticed the save game is creative mode can you try in survival mode ?

When I start a new creative game & go to the same location with the same coordinates (all creative games use seed 0) the plant appears fine
    NewGame_27_2021-02-07_01-09-19.png

Kaloriaa likes this.