Filed / Tracking Captured CV and Sleep issue (Save) [00767]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Scoob, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

Please examine this Vanilla saved game.

This is an older issue I've reported before, but worth mentioning again as it's still around.

I've found that every time I capture one of the "Wrecked CV's" in orbit of a planet and make it mine, I cannot sleep on or near it.

Basically, the CV is fine, fully functional, but I can never use a bed as I get the message "Cannot sleep when enemies are nearby". When Landed, I cannot even use the Tent to sleep near the CV, I have to move a short distance away.

In the save linked above, I've tried sleeping in Orbit - no luck - so I've come down to the planet and I still get an "Enemies nearby" message.

I've submitted a save more so you can see the model I'm using rather than confirm / deny enemies are stopping me sleeping currently. Now I've landed, there may well be, but I get this issue EVERWHERE with this ship. Take it into orbit yourself, you'll see.

Anyway, this is a little frustrating of course, but not a huge issue. It would be nice if it was fixed though of course :)

Scoob.

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Check the control panel > device menu. There's probably an AI spawner or marker block on the ship somewhere that's registering as an enemy.

3. Every time I've ran into this bug myself the only way I could fix it was to blueprint the vessel, destroy the original, and re-spawn it from blueprint.

The blueprint is never red from illegal blocks, so I don't think it's a spawner/marker block issue that causes it.
    I've also always made sure it's set to private in the CP and it still registers as there being an enemy nearby. I know this has been reported by multiple people now and it seems it's always fixed by saving it and res-pawning from blueprint.

I think I've ran into this bug every single time I've captured the CV wreckage in starter space and used it.

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I did check and I don't recall seeing a NPC spawner, but I'll check again.

Yes, I've done that myself a few times too to work around the issue. I guess there must be something odd about the model its self - I will check again when I get a mo - though I don't recall seeing any dodgy blocks on this one either. I think it must have been updated at some point, as several of these ships used to return S-Sized railing blocks and the odd S-Window block. Still, while an issue, S-Sized blocks on L-Sized models don't seem to cause too many issues.

I often don't notice the issue as I don't use the captured vessel, just bring it to my base and strip it for parts. This time though, I thought I'd use it to get to the next system, as I'd looted a Warp Drive - something I can't build - from another wreck.

Scoob.

5. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

@Scoob
    Any resolve on this?

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Not yet, though I expect the devs are more focused on A12 currently, which is fine by me. It would be nice to get to the bottom of this though. I've not done any more investigation myself as I've not been playing the game recently - distracted by other things.

Hopefully my save demonstrates the issue sufficiently and contains everything needed to identify the cause.

Scoob.

Pantera and Germanicus like this.
  7. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    This is logged & will be examined when time permits thanks for reporting!

krazzykid2006 and Germanicus like this.
  8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks, hope the save reproduces the issue reliably for you.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.