Carry Mass Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CheekyToaster, Mar 16, 2019.

1. CheekyToaster

CheekyToaster Ensign

Hello!

After starting a new game with mass and volume on, I built a large hover with 6 guns and a max capacity storage container. I raided an abandoned reactor and came up with a variety of blocks and goodies to build my CV. Just one problem... my HV is stuck, and can't get off the ground at all! Here's what I've managed to loot:

[​IMG]

Here's my hover arrangement - it also shows that all of the cargo I'm trying to haul is what's causing the issue:

[​IMG]

I'm thinking that I might have to coat the entire bottom with 2x2 hovers to get the poor lass moving again. I don't want to turn volume/mass off because realism. Any ideas of how to bring everything back to base (a ~6km distance)?

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Multiple trips?

3. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

Multiple trips seems like your best solution, or, if you have the constructor and materials, just temporarily craft several 2x2 hovers, stick them on the 4 corners of your HV, then remove them when you get home.

Obviously you'll have to revise your design eventually, though. There's not much point in having more cargo space than your hovers can physically carry. Fortunately, it's not a hard thing to fix, and I doubt you'll need to cover the whole bottom with hovers to get moving again.

4. Softwalker001

Softwalker001 Ensign

One possibility is to swap your Container Controller to either a Ammo or Ore/Wood Controller, last I knew they were bugged and don't apply contained mass to the vehicle.

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Just make sure to empty it out before doing that. :D

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Depending on where your Cockpit is... Link yourself to the CC, open the Virtual Toolbar, place those 3 Stacks of Blocks in the Toolbar. At least your HV should be able to move again. It wont be fast but your Truster should be able to handle it.
    After all the weight stay's the same.
    You can also place looted Ammo into the HVs Ammo Box, if not already full;)

7. CheekyToaster

CheekyToaster Ensign

I've attached 12 more hovers and nothing happened... I think I might try the multiple trips idea.

I started testing what was causing the hover to be so heavy, I found the 255 Combat Steel blocks I picked up made up 55% of the mass on the hover. However, I am right next to a massive dungeon I just cleared... maybe claiming it and using it as a mass storage facility would be wise...

UPDATE: Huzzah! I' made it out!

[​IMG]

The connected inventory trick worked wonders to get me outta there. Now it's a slow roll back to base. Thanks Germanicus!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    ravien_ff likes this.
  8. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Captain

Build a series of WiFi towers to cover the distance between you and your base and use logistics to transfer everything?

I rather like WiFi towers - a few truss blocks, a WiFi device, a decorative antenna and a flashing light, and they’re perfect.

ravien_ff and DeadliestIdiot like this.
  9. CheekyToaster

CheekyToaster Ensign

Does that actually work? Is each tower a separate BA or part of the host structure?

10. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Captain

I build mine as Attach to Base (the Base I want to take things too or am working from).

I can’t say with 100% certainty, but it certainly seems to.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Attach to base does have a max range though (bases can only be so big). You should be able to make multiple bases though.

12. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

Yea, you just need hover engines. Each hover engine is 200kN which is...

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=200kN+to+tons-force

Which should lift 20t (long tons) or about 20,000kg.

So to carry 1,000t for example you'd need 50 of the 1x1 engines or 13 of the 2x2 engines.

But if you just use a harvest container then due to a "known issue" the whole container array will be weightless.