Fixed Center Mass after 1.2 Patch [7595]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by dollarzer0, Oct 10, 2020.

1. dollarzer0

dollarzer0 Ensign

Build: (v1.2 3129)
    Mode: (Creative, Survival)

After the 1.2 Patch I noticed all spawned vessel's center of mass were shifted to the right in a survival and creative game save. I have since uninstalled twice and have the same results. Screenshots are from a new creative game save with HV, SV, & CV starter blocks and the same starter blocks reduced to their cores with center of mass at the top right corners.

Attached Files:

• CM1.png
      CM1.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • CM2.png
      CM2.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    Raeat and Germanicus like this.
  2. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

same results, I would say something is off with the COMs
    full symmetric build, this should be dead centre, but it's bit off to the right.
    tiny HV.

steps to reproduce, build something and check COM

Attached Files:

Raeat and Germanicus like this.
  3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Thanks, Filed under 7595

Germanicus likes this.
  4. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

MODE: Creative (untested in survival)

TYPE: Symmetry mode/weight calculation/distribution

SEVERITY: Minor (in creative), Major (if it persists in survival)

I am attaching my creative session save game, which should have all other relevant data. Here's what's happening:

I was building a small HV tank. I flipped on symmetry mode for a moment, and saw that the center of the ship is being calculated a full half block to the right of center. This is very odd, given that the uncompleted HV is completely symmetrical.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the actual weight of the ship (what I assume is the blue dot), is centered. The alignment plane with its yellow dot is off the side for some reason.

Here is the attached creative session. I have saved the above HV as a blueprint, and have confirmed that spawning that blueprint in doesn't fix anything - the plane is still off-center. I have not tested this in a survival game.

It is highly possible that this issue is related to an older bug - found here - which was never solved to satisfaction due to an inability to reproduce it. Those with the bug could always reproduce it in select builds; those without could never do so. That particular bug dealt with the weight of HV's going off to one side when filling a single symmetrical cargo container (with extensions). This build has no extensions on it, but I can't help but feel the two issues might be related. Thought I would mention it.

This bug is quite easily reproduced with the HV above, and should hopefully be easy to solve. I'll be happy to supply any more information needed.

5. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Its fixed in the NEXT update

TGRF_Trainer likes this.