challenging multiplayer scenario?

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Combat Wombat, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Captain

I have been hosting a dedicated server for my group of friends and weve been doing the default scenario and we have quickly run out of things to do. Even on the hardest settings nothing is challenging. Nothing can really kill us, we have so many resources we might as well be playing creative. Is there a brutal, you'd only play this if you hate yourself scenario where you can getting attacked by more than a shittily designed patrol ship and some drones you shoot down in 15 seconds and you are constantly short on resources? There seems to be no end-game or even mid-game. In a week we are all 25 with massive custom CVs and bases with nothing left to do.

2. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Best advise i can give you is to learn editing and codingt he yaml file.

reduce your resrouces to 100 size pockets, up the difficulty and add more POI's creatures etc. Make your own :)

3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Yes we need a galactic, organized enemy to invade our crap and hump it all up on us !

4. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

You can do what I'm doing for my server. With the amount of everything you can customize, for one man it would take a very long time. I'm implementing all the stock scenarios complete with missions / pois all working geared towards my planet list names and custom pois. Just make a copy of default multiplayer to start off with in the content/scenarios folder and name it something else. Then the time consumption comes in. Begin with mapping out which planets you want named what, and then for each instance in every playfield, sector file, pda.yaml, pda.csv and all pictures are named to suit your custom galaxy. Spawn in poi's in creative mode, modify them to fit the same way (teleporters and station names, spawn in names, bp group names). It sounds like alot and it takes a while but once you get a basic scenario made its not hard to do the rest over time. Think of it as content updates for your players in between actual dev patches.