Change Requests

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by baddkarma74, Aug 21, 2019.

1. baddkarma74

baddkarma74 Lieutenant

Eleon,
    I just came back for the first time since around version 6 I think.

I LOVE the new shields. I always hated building a ship that isn't realistic in real life. And PVP was always down to the ship that was least realistic. No windows, buried vitals including engines, etc. Shields allow at least a bit of a reprieve from all of that. I also LOVE the new block shapes... PLEASE keep them coming. Thank you for the small CV constructor. It's great to have this thing on my CV churning away ingots and such without taking up so much space or using my Adv Contructor for this purpose. Modular storage is amazing, and it was genius to make it so that I could texture them in such a way that they could replace walls. Brilliant! I also REALLY appreciated when you sized down the CV warp core. New engine models were great. So are the deco options you have added for ships. New Pilot seat for CVs is awesome too!

Here is a list of the things I hope you change.
    1. More block shapes. Especially the heavy windows. Ideally there would be an option to completely replace the use of the old armored windows for CV bridges with these new windows. The new ones are WAY better.
    2. New armored doors look amazing. I was very frustrated with the fact that the dual door version was only made for a 2 block opening even though it could easily fit in 1 block. Please make a one block version that is symmetrical!
    3. Constructors are UGLY. Oh my god. The old ones were so much better, but even those could have been improved. I really hope that you change all of the following models to versions that are just a big block. I would like them all to blend as well as the new modular container controllers do. Those look great!
    1. All constructors (Make them like the SV/HV contructor, so they fit seamlessly into a wall)
    2. Repair station (the original was very nice, but again, ideally it would be seamless)
    3. Med Bay and O2 Station (could we have a CV version that mounts on a wall like the SV/HV Med Bay? It could still take up two blocks, but it would look so much better)
    4. Armor Locker - could mount on the wall like I mentioned in #3 above.
    5. NPCs, could we have versions of the officer type NPCs in seats? It is strange to have them just standing there sometimes. The commander in a version of the pilot chair would be great. The woman standing at a console could use a chair too. The guy standing over the map thingy could probably be hunched over and resting on his arms.
    6. I love the boarding ramps! However, there aren't enough ramps that are an even number of blocks wide. It is either two blocks wide, or 8 blocks if I remember correctly. Why not 4x2x6 or something like that?
    All of these could just be right-click options instead of replacements. Just like you can choose to have retractable turrets or surface mount turrets. Let people choose the model they want to use instead of just updating them; especially with these new constructor models. They are so ugly I almost don't want them on my ship. They look like they were imported from a completely different (and very sub-par) game.

Now that you have done such a great job with retractable turrets/landing gears/ramps, could we have a real elevator? 1x1x1 for a personnel elevator as well as larger sizes for SV/HV loading would be great! The hangar doors are great for bases, but they really aren't ideal for CVs. An elevator would be amazing! Please!

On an aside, I really miss the old method of how the med bays would heal you continually. Sometimes you have to go AFK, and it's always nice knowing you can do so without logging out and not worry about having been killed during that time. I get there may have been reasons to make the change (exploits maybe); but that was a really nice option.

You guys are awesome. I keep coming back to this game because of these constant improvements in the way I can design my constructs.

2. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

I imagine a lower ramp or elevator of this type. Different sizes to upload an HV to a CV or an elevated base. Screenshot_2019-08-21-10-40-24-1.png

3. baddkarma74

baddkarma74 Lieutenant

That would work well... but I was thinking of something along the lines of a four post elevator that can be different pre-set sizes. 1x1 or 1x2 for people. 4x6 8x12 12x16 etc for larger purposes. The bottom (or top) of the CVwould actually be the elevator and the whole platform lowers down much like the current ramps; but its a platform that is level as it descends rather than a ramp. Once the SV/HV parks on the platform, it ascends back into the CV with the SV/HV attached.

Obviously, eleon would need to fix how docking works with moving pieces. I have tried docking to a lowered ramp before... it's kinda comical.

cmguardia likes this.
  4. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

It is an elevator but with 2 columns. In some science fiction movies you can see them in the lower part of the ships.
    But whatever they are is just an animation. The important thing is that it would be great to see them implemented!

5. baddkarma74

baddkarma74 Lieutenant

That would work!

6. baddkarma74

baddkarma74 Lieutenant

In another thread, someone posted a view of an Elevator in Star Citizen; I like that better, but this idea is good too.