"Changing" the Creator Name

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by BinJa, Nov 22, 2019.

1. BinJa

BinJa Ensign

Hello People I have a problem, What was supposed to be an upgrade for a blueprint that is not mine, it started to be so different that now, there is no block equal. It is a new blueprint, and i can not change the Creator name, it is a CV with so much sensors and actuators, that i can not only copy blocks to another blueprint. Can you help me?

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Afaik you cant change the creator this is hardcoded

3. BinJa

BinJa Ensign

Can i give it to someone to change, i can post the two ships

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Nope, we wont change it

This is done so the Original creator Always stays beeing seen.
    To many people stole ships and called them "theres"

5. BinJa

BinJa Ensign

I think that only way is to use illigal method to achieve a legal status, and it is sad, and a shame, because the whole thing is mine, everything is mine, the other person will not have his name on my project. if i cant i will destroy all the project and its done, thank you i am very
    persistent and i know my rights. i have the right to have my name on my ship, and is not fair his name, all the blueprint is different.

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Its not your ship. You didnt create it. You changed it. Changeing it doesnt make it yours

Vermillion and ravien_ff like this.
  7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Best Way is to inform the OWNER of the BP of your changes. If you BP the Vessel and would like to put on the Workshop tell him or her and MENTION the Actual Creator!

ravien_ff and Taelyn like this.
  8. BinJa

BinJa Ensign

ok Thank you

9. If you start with someone else's blueprint then it will always have them as the creator. The person that lays down the original starter block is the creator.
    If you want to see your name there then start from scratch. If you don't start from scratch, and you upload to the workshop, then ALWAYS credit the original creator and also give a link to the original. It's just the right thing to do. Also ask for permission first, obviously.

10. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I worked the creator's name into the name of my last revamped build.
    It was an old pre-alpha build and I (mostly) replaced the legacy blocks to make it compatible with the current game version.
    Since it was one of the blueprints that came with the base game, I wish there was some way I could contact Luke for his sign-off.

ravien_ff likes this.
  11. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Luke is own of the owners of the game and currently not available. They cant be contacted by players.

Send me a PM with what you want to do and such then I'll talk to him or one of the others owners about it

Germanicus likes this.
  12. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Hey @Taelyn™ , slightly related question. Is there a way for the orginal creator to obfuscate their name? So that it's anything other than their Steam account ID?
    Even if it has to be done before the initial core/starter is placed?

I've seen some pois or ships that just have an ID number, and that number is too short to be the steam one...

To be clear, I'd be totally fine if that resulted in an 'orphaned' ship.
    This came up when I started a thread that involved a test-bed, purpose built CV. Would have liked to post the BP in the thread in case anyone came up with something to test, but I try to keep things seperate, so chose not to share the BP due to locked in steam acct info.

13. What exactly is your concern with Steam account info? Steam ID's can be found freely by anyone. They aren't private info. There are search websites that reveal all that info.

For example, if you visit my profile here the numbers at the end of the URL are my ID64

Germanicus likes this.
  14. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Steam has had a number of vulnerabilities over the years, like most sites, yet they've been slow to address a couple serious ones that exposed their customers to attacks that resulted in the legit person losing control over their acct. Then steam didn't handle restoring proper ownership very well. Minimizing ties between this site & steam may minimize the frequency of those types of things.

Beyond that there's the fact that background checks now seek out sites like these in order to flesh out personality profiles. Which I strongly disagree with. Yet that's the reality. So even though the email used to create this forum acct is long gone, obviously the game itself and the steam names/ID#s are freely captured and shared. That links what I post here to the steam account, where there are other games and possibly other forums that have more info.

Sounds a bit paranoid right? 3 years ago we didn't hire a guy for a high paying job, that he was the best canidate for, simply due to the background check reporting his 'temperment' (and a few excerpts) when posting on a gaming site. It wasn't left up to me or my boss, HR said we couldn't hire him due to 'potential aggressive behaviours'. Granted the excerpts showed a fairly heated exchange, with some swear words. But no threats or slurs etc. Nothing we haven't all seen plenty of times.

So 'simple' things, like not using steam to log in here, that may break the chain & make it a bit harder to track & report everything about me to my next boss, before she/he ever has a real first impression.. I'm willing to give up a bit of 'convienance' for that. Even if it's mostly pointless. I'm a grumpy bastard that way, heh. :)

ravien_ff and krazzykid2006 like this.