Fixed Chapter 3. Totally Overpowered will not trigger.

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by -AKEVA-BANSHEE-, Jan 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 3637
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Multiplayer

SERVER NAME: Broken Eden 1.7 (running Default Random)
    SEED-ID: 956449

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: NO

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Quest Progression

Summary: Chapter 3: Totally overpowered quest will not trigger in Multiplayer game modes. Been an issue for 3 months.

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Complete Chapter 2
    2) Visit Sky Bar & Buy a rootbeer

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

N/A

Question: Why can't we trigger this manually?

Additional Info for players reading this report.

Be the first back to the station after a server restart. Preferably Log out 1km from station before server restart and visit station when server comes back up.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Question: which version did you start the server savegame with? (Or is it a FRESH new 1.7 savegame?)

If it is a 3-month old save, then maybe
    - update the PDA
    - refresh the POI (or the whole playfield)

There might have been some changes in the meantime possibly. (POI/Playfield/PDA changes never update into an existing savegame automatically I am afraid)

3. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

Server started 3 weeks ago, Cannot update the PDA due to the questflag being triggered by the station. POI is refreshed every restart, Also Reaerate POI command works. This issue also happens for Chapter 4: Offworld Grave.

4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Did you possibly deactivate any of these missions BY HAND using the "deactivate mission" button ?

5. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

No. I had finished chapter 2, and noticed chapter 3 wouldn't start when I visited the station, bought a root beer drank it and sat down. Even tried sitting in different seats. (I swear the NPCs where looking at me funny).

From what I can tell, Quest POIs do not regenerate after server restarts the same as running a Regenerate command in the console. Running the console command does more. As in signal states and lever positions reset, Server restart they don't. This is what I have noticed from observation. It makes no logical sense. So I don't know if that helps.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I am afraid that has nothing to do with refreshing POI (at least not for the TOP chapter start, as the station is admin core and you do not take away or destroy the mission start elements). It is about the PDA itself.

Please try 'pda rd' in the console and see if you get that yellow marker (when being away from the station) or the PDA mission kicks in (while you are already on the station)

Germanicus likes this.
  7. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

I am not a server admin and before I ask them to grant temporary permissions for that I want to make sure this won't crash the server or cause undo harm to other players on the server in any way.

Updated list of Story Chapters that reliably cause this issue.

Chapter 3: Totally Overpowered
    Chapter 6: Uncertain Outcomes

How I have been getting around the issue reliably without server permissions.

"For those of you having trouble with the Mission Chapters not triggering here is a reliable workaround.

Step 1) Before a server restart Park as far away from the POI while still being able to see it. (2km away for orbital stations & 750 meters for planet mission POIs)

Step 2) After a server restart move towards the story mission POI.

It helps to be the first back to the station or quest POI after a server restart."

Additianal info. This workaround ensures that the mission POI is rendered in at the same same as the character having the issue joining activates the playfield.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022