Fixed Co-op "freeze" issue when changing playfields [7807]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Cosmic Yak, Feb 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Cosmic Yak

Cosmic Yak Ensign

-So I host a co-op session with 3 players and my CV's (thus far) just stop mid flight. At first I thought the game was frozen till I "f" out of my seat. The other players have not experienced this yet (if that helps narrow the issue). Rebooting the server fixes the stuck CV but it happens again and again.

-Guess i should add...the issue happened the day of 1.4 update came out...we were playing the older version originally. Dunno if that is a factor but worth mentioning maybe.

-We decided to just start fresh in 1.4 Vanilla. I frozen and my co-op players freeze =(

-I don't know if it is related but I have noticed in space our CV (Doppelganger) will appear in front of us...just for me the pilot on the game I am hosting. It is discolored with orange, purple/blue, and red colors.

A Harbinger of trouble. With out fail when I see this, I know we are gonna have vehicle issues....ships won't undock, the ship I pilot stops mid flight...and most recently our actual CV has changed colors to that of the Harbinger Doppelganger CV.

Speaking of bugs and inability to undock...what a waste of console command "undock"! It can't be used with someone in pilot seat ...so the ship seemingly undocks and immediately re-docks before anyone can do anything about it. I dunno maybe it is supposed to fix the original bug and not get re-stuck but in so far that is not the case/experience.

RedScourge likes this.
  2. Voldarian_Empire

Voldarian_Empire Ensign

I'm having this issue also, and again after the recent update. Haven't seen any doppelganger or color changes but the CV stalling mid flight has happened a few times, one of which was in combat and we were forced to panic close the server and reboot into battle.....that was interesting.

Other than that I've noticed my docked SV and HVs seem to change places slightly after a reload, sometimes fusing into other objects or just hovering mid air but still behaving as though they are docked.

Haven't noticed any conditions that suggest a certain issue leading to the CV stalling but it gets pretty frustrating to shut everything down and restart just to keep flying our CV.

3. Tazzo

Tazzo Ensign

Hope this is the right place for bug reports, I couldn't post to the bugs forum.

Play a co-op game I flew a SV into space and started looking for asteroids. I flew to one and it was invisible, but my wife could see it sitting in the other seat. We had some drones coming at us and I shot them down, but they stayed in this fireball were they were not dead or alive. Then I couldn't move the ship, or get up. I logged out and back in and got stuck at the forever loading screen and had to restart the server completely. When we got back in everything seems to be fine, we mined, etc.

Then landing on the moon the same thing, but I could move. But none of my weapons would equip or fire. Tried going in and out of the inventory, moving guns around, but nothing would equip in my hand. Same deal, tried exiting and reloading but got the forever loading screen and had to restart the server.

My co-pilot had non of these issues, so I don't know if it has to do with just the pilot changing player fields or what. We got no errors and started with 1.4 a fresh game. I am running client and loading the game as coop.

4. Cosmic Yak

Cosmic Yak Ensign

It was suggested I come over here to post this, but the original was posted here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/discussions/2/3110268136052589775/

Not much useful info. sadly but a number of testimonial to this issue. I can only add four things here (thus far).

1. When the ship stops or freezes (could be thruster related as everything else seems to work), there is no error prompt. So no email bug reports.

2. Thus far it seems to only occur in co-op games. Haven't seen anything about this in single player, nor do I see it happening on dedicated servers...like Spanj's playthrough or Xcal's playthrough.

3. When it first started happening ... it was me who hosted the co-op and usually me who was piloting and thus the first to notice it. The others where not experiencing this issue (again at first) so I thought it was just me. Later though as we pressed on they too experienced it.<----Was gonna say try hosting a co-op game to reproduce, but now it is best odds and can happen to anyone in that session.

4. Doesn't seem to matter if it is a lone SV/CV or stacked/docked vehicles...I had thought maybe it related to the fact we had a CV carrying SV(s) on it when the first few times it occurred.

P.S. dunno if relative but this is all happening thus far on the starter temperate planet/space/moon (for us). Wish I had better info/details.

5. NedGyver

NedGyver Ensign

I'm hosting a local coop server for my friends, and every time while i'm in the cockpit, and stopping with the CV too fast, the vessel is just freezing, it literally stops in one place (regardless if it's happening in space or on a planet). It's like getting stuck in an invisible wall. The thrusters are not reacting to the controls. It's reproducible.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  6. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi guys, a way to force this to happen was found & we will be looking in to this right away & when a fix is ready I'll update here.
    Thanks for your patience.

Voldarian_Empire and Daedalon like this.
  7. NedGyver

NedGyver Ensign

I could reproduce it today as well this way:

1. Play on a local coop server.
    2. Be in a cockpit of a CV
    2. Switch playfield (warp into another sector or enter into a planet's atmosphere)
    3. Move worward with the CV for a while, then stop suddenly, the engines go into standby mode.
    5. Then the engines do not exit from standby mode and do not respond to controls, the ship practically freezes in the space/air.

Update: After it's freezed for me, my friend can drive it but I still can't. After he switched playfield I got control over the ship again.

Seems like in my case the bug occurs when I'm the server host, and I'm driving the CV.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  8. RedScourge

RedScourge Commander

I think you can get this sort of thing to happen by initiating a warp jump before a previous warp jump's full animation completes. If you do it enough times you'll occasionally get what looks to be a still image of your ship getting stuck on the screen until the warp animation completes. I suspect that it may also be a contributing factor to the issue where the loading screen gets stuck after a user teleports; the warp animation is probably a visual overlay over the main game and so are the loading screens, so it makes sense that if you manage to find a way to mess one of them up, it may mess all of them up.

As for the main focus of your thread here, I think the general ship desync issues that dedicated multiplayer players have been experiencing since v1.4 are directly related, though they manifest in a few different ways. What's often happening is the ship according to the server is actually staying where it first entered the playfield, and it is only looking to you as though you are flying, but you can notice the temperature does not change as you descend toward the planet if this has occurred, and if you continue on long enough, POIs that you approach appear to not be there. If you log out and back in, your ship will be back at where it entered the playfield but your character will be where you logged out. If you stay logged in and keep flying far enough, the ship will eventually snap back and you fill fall out of it. It's a desync.

9. IllusiveStudios

IllusiveStudios Ensign

Hello friends,

I am running a dedicated server for me and one friend (2 players). When I (host) warp to another planet, enter or leave a planet, POI's are invisible on my game, but not the other player's (client). Right after approaching the POI or Resource my ship completely stops receiving input and I am unable to do anything. I then restart the server and game and when we load back in it works fine until the process repeats itself. We both re installed the game, made a new server, and cleared the saved game cache, with no luck. Problem still occuring. Any ideas or known fixes would be GREAT!! My game version is 1.4.1 3260

The bug does not happen in single player, only when running local-co op! I started the server in single player and then used local-co op afterwards, maybe that could be an issue?

10. Amberyl

Amberyl Lieutenant

Build: 1.4.1
    Mode:
    Mode:

SERVER NAME: Local LAN Coop
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:
    Build:
    Mode:
    Mode:

SERVER NAME: No server name, local ISP CoOp
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility:
    Severity:

Type:

Summary:

Description:
    When going to another planet/moon, teleporting to the moon/other planet loading screen hangs and requires shutting down game, server page, and re-entering the game.

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Summary: I have experienced the ship stop moving and missing bases and ship, he has the server running and having the problem.

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

If there is missing info, tell me where to get it and I will put it there....

Sherrie

11. Thumper

Thumper Ensign

Same issue with ship controls not responding after playspace change in co-op game. I can get out and back in and walk around etc, but ship controls are frozen. The freeze comes anywhere from right at the moment of changing playspace, to as late as 30-60 seconds later, but it seems to be consistent on every playspace change where I am piloting.

Second symptom; As the host, if I close and restart my client, I cannot reconnect to the server after this 'freeze' happens. Other players can disconnect and reconnect and keep playing just fine so long as I keep the game server running. I have to shut down my client and the game server to rejoin.

Third symptom I have not seen mentioned here, other players (not the host) when getting out of their ship, their ship suddenly disappears and ends up a few kilometers away. If I admin TP them to their ship it is fine and works as expected, but no clear reason for the ship 'jumping' away.

12. vadim382

vadim382 Ensign

Привет.
    Сборка: 32.61
    Ржим: кооператив
    Проблема зависания игры при пилотировании корабля владельцем сервера, что приводит к перезапуску клиента и сервера. Клиент грузит систему на 90-100%.
    Можно встать с места пилота, но все действия кроме ходьбы не доступны.

13. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    We have just released a fix for this please update to B3262 & let us know who this issue is now thanks!

14. vadim382

vadim382 Ensign

Спасибо, проблема решена.

15. NedGyver

NedGyver Ensign

Seems like the issue is gone, at least from my few tests I can't reproduce it anymore.
    But look forward to what others experience.