PLZ Retest and Re-Report Cobalt Rocks no longer harvestable

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by arg821, May 20, 2022.

1. arg821

arg821 Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.8 v3810
    Mode: Single Player

SEED-ID: 898817

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: consistent
    Severity: pretty awkward!

Type: Cobalt Rocks

Summary: Cobalt rocks are showing as "container" with a multi-tool, and are no longer harvestable with any drill type.

Description: When a playfield contains the standard entry to produce harvestable cobalt rocks, the rocks created are not the correct type as they cannot be harvested by the player, and show as "container" when you use a multi-tool to check out the item. The playfield.yaml item is as follows;
    - [RockResourceCobalt, 0.003, Free]

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) simply play the game, find a biome on a planet where cobalt rocks should be and you will see the above error.
    As seen below, the rock in the foreground should actually be Cobalt .....

upload_2022-5-20_20-31-47.png

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

It happens from time to time that one or another of the harvestable 'Containers' can't be harvested.
    When it happened to me I left it alone, got out of Render Range came back and it was harvestable again.
    Or just did a swift relog.

Most of the time it happened for me if several Rocks had spawned over each other. Mostly on Akua. Had no issues on Skillion so far.

Here - it works without troubles for me ->
    Rad-Test 6_2022-05-20_19-42-20.png Rad-Test 6_2022-05-20_19-42-25.png

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Pach likes this.
  3. arg821

arg821 Commander

I see your example of what should happen, agreed. In regards to this particular problem, it is always and consistent - even trying new games completely..... so unless there is a variation in code required for the playfield.yaml, the existing code is spawning 100% non-harvestable cobalt rocks. All other resource rock types so far have been fine.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. megs

megs Lieutenant

having some trouble with a no harvestable one, but it was another pb. some cobalt rocks spawn out of the harvestable latitude... so can't harvest it.