Filed / Tracking Collision bug between the player and docked vessel [00469]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Darinth, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Darinth

Darinth Commander

Build: 1.4 3259
    Mode: Found in Survival, reproed in creative
    Mode: Found on Dedicated Server, reprod in single player

SERVER NAME: Underbridge Coop
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: None

Reproducibility: Consistent
    Severity: Minor

Type: Collision

Summary: Found a specific circumstance in which I'm able to walk into (as in be within the collission mesh of) a vessel

Description: Was building a vessel, walked forward into a hole in the vessel to drop out of it and didn't land on the ground. Was very confused and looked around to realize I was inside of the vessel geometry. Got myself out of the vessel geometry, attempted to do so again and found it was consistently reproducible. Saved the ship, went to creative and spawned it and was able to consistently reproduce it there as well.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Watch youtube video provided below to find exactly where to walk into
    Spawn attached ship. (may require flat surface for it to land on, I always reproed on a perfectly flat surface)
    Walk into blocks, like... actually inside of them. :)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Attached Files:

2. wimpy

wimpy Commander

Build: 1.5.1
    Mode: survival

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:NA

Reproducibility: consistent
    Severity: unplayable

Type:

Summary: everytime i entered the docked ships i fell thru them, restarting the game did not fix. I have attached a video. I didnt get around to reporting the bug right away, maybe the 1.5.2 update fixed it? I can no longer reproduce. Every load of the save before I could not enter a dock shipped without falling thru.

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    attached link has a video of falling thru ships, also has a save game and 2 videos for another bug

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuZEgrwUyL14g5xsoQfCPnkYcEKKzg?e=7wwPek

3. Kats

Kats Lieutenant

Build: 1.5.6 3446
    Mode: survival
    Mode: singleplayer

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: moderate but better be aware of it.

Type: collision, player with a docked vessel.
    Summary: The player starts to get through the docked vessel, then collisions kick in, and several things can happen.

Description: When walking in or on (more noticeable if "in") a vessel docked on another vessel with it's power offline, the player will get collision bugs. Excluding base, it happens with any combination of vessel docked with any other vessel.
    The bug doesn't seem to happen in space, and like I said, doesn't seem to happen if the vessel is docked to a base.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) On a planet, spawn a CV (anything except base is fine but the bigger the better). lets call it Machine 1
    2) Spawn a HV or a SV or even another CV (It is better if the vessel does have an interior and you can walk inside). Let's call it Machine 2.
    3) Dock Machine 2 on Machine 1 and get out of Machine 2 but stay in/on Machine 1
    4) Turn Machine 1's power offline.
    5) Now try to get on/inside Machine 2.
    The bug happens here, it usually causes a small lag. If Machine 2's power is online, for a short time, you will see it's engine's glows through it's hull. Basically for a short time you seem to go through the hull, and then the collisions start to push you away everywhere. If I remember well, even in god mod you will be pushed, or maybe it was because I activated GM during the bug.

-Sometime you get back more or less where you should be and can walk inside Machine 2 (if Machine 2 is small, the bug usually doesn't provoke anything annoying) .
    -Sometime you get stuck between the 2 vessels and is totally unable to walk out of the place where you are stuck.
    -Sometime you are expelled by Machine 2 and may get collision damage.

If you turn on Machine 1 and try to get inside Machine 2, the bug doesn't happen.
    And if you turn off again Machine 1 and try again to get inside Machine 2, the bug happens again.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    Insopor, Germanicus and Inappropriate like this.