Collision Malfunctions: Zirax Shooting Through Blocks

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by dichebach, Jun 28, 2018.

?

I have observed Zirax shooting through blocks.

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dichebach

dichebach Captain

There have been a few posts by a hand full of us including a couple of bug reports with attached save games. Hopefully, to the extent it really IS a bug with the application (versus something specific to the installations of a half dozen users [which seems exceedingly unlikely], else a mass hysteria by half dozen users [which seems even more unlikely]) it hopefully has received enough commentary that the developers will pay attention to it and fix it as soon as possible.

I really hope this because for me, it makes the game pretty much "unplayable" and fact is I'm in the mood to keep playing it and exploring/re-exploring the game in its present Alpha 8.1 incarnation . . . but getting shot by zirax THROUGH blocks just spoils it. To me, assaulting POIs is sort of the "Now we're getting to the good part" of the game and if that is broken then why get a long drawn out game going in which I focus on other stuff and plan to do the POI raids later once the bug is fixed, and then find that the fix update breaks those saves!

The other thing that worries me is that, I've seen a couple folks comment that this has been an intermittent problem for many versions now, though for me 8.0 ish was the first time I noticed it. The really annoying part about the bug is: it IS intermittent. It is definitely the case for me with my installation that Zirax DO NOT see through and shoot through ALL blocks. I played a couple hours of Dawn of Galaxy with the in orbit Maiy start where one gets to fight immediately last night and cover was definitely working almost universally on that. Even in save games where it DOES happen in certain specific circumstances it doesn't happen _all the time_. So to be fair to the developers, it IS a somewhat elusive and intermittent bug.

So, a poll, and a thread to draw attention to the topic, provide a central discussion point, and allow any of us with or without experience with the bug to discuss it and hopefully contribute productively to its cause(s) being isolated and corrected.

2. LeVentNoir

LeVentNoir Captain

I got blasted a couple of times by *SHOTGUN* users, which, given the high damage of that weapon is just mean.