Filed / Tracking Collisions going crazy! [7889]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by SirDuke, Feb 4, 2021.

1. SirDuke

SirDuke Ensign

Build: 1.4
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

Reproducibility: often
    Severity: medium / annoying
    Type: Global

I´ve more CVs.

Several smaller ones,
    and a huge one, that has big thursters and warp, but no weapons.

I´ve docked the first upon the second.

Since the last patch, I have repeating collision issues.

It didn´t do that before.

I can´t take the whole elevator all the way up, or down;
    and I can´t enter my smaller CVs on top of the carrier.

The collision keeps "kicking" me away, or the ships away.
    Not even in causal godmode flying through the blocks!

+++ OK, a short update! +++

The crazy collision doesn´t have anything to do with the terrain!

I´ve tested, and had this issue now since the last update, and it´s happening all the time!

It might have something to to, with the size of my carrier ship.

Here is another savegame;
    I bet you can´t take the elevator the whole way up.
    And in no way, you can´t enter the smaller CVs on the higher level without fully cheating.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  2. Please provide a copy of your game save with your character left standing next to the vessels with the issue.

If the save is too large for the site then you have to upload to a file sharing site and provide the link in here.

This will help them track it down faster if they have a copy of the save.

3. SirDuke

SirDuke Ensign

I´ve found the cause for this bug by myself.

At least I think I found it.

The big ship, somehow sinked into the planets terrain.
    Although it´s not moving, it causing weird collision glitches.

I managed to get the big ship out of the terrain, and the rest was accessible again.

Still I can provide you my savegame with this glitch.
    Just try to enter one of the smaller CVs on top of the big one.
    Pretty sure, you won´t be able to enter.

Attached Files:

4. SirDuke

SirDuke Ensign

This bug is very much reproducible.

It seems like everytime, I log out, or reload, some small part of my ship get stuck in the terrain.
    It´s not even really noticable.

And as this happens, everything kicks me around and I can´t enter the smaller CVs anymore.

I have to start the big ship, fly a little bit and repark it.

Since I know, how to get around this issue, it´s not that kind of game breaking bug anymore.
    But I can assure you, this glitch is quite new.

5. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Can confirm it also occurs frequently with this ship I have as well. It seems to kick up at a weird angle (front end pushes up) whenever a player leaves the cockpit.

Attached Files:

6. dichebach

dichebach Captain

I have become quite frustrated with the current state of the game, to the point I think I may take a break from playing. This is primarily because of 'glitches' that may well be related to the suspected bugs which this post discusses. As such I wanted to add some of my observations.

1. Playing on the Ash Reforged Eden server (yes, it is modded, but based on scuttlebutt I suspect it is something happening in vanilla too). Dig a tunnel under a Zirax Vehicle Port with an SV. Park the SV in the tunnel not far from the base (underground). Leave to fetch an HV with a clone chamber. As I re-enter the spawn area, my HV is respawned onto the surface of the planet, and gets destroyed by Zirax drones.

2. Same server as above: Park a CV on the surface in a sandy area. Leave for a while and come back to find the CV is either: (a) floating in mid air and will not come down without cb: intervention; (b) CV is laying on the ground several meters where it was before (and potentially tipped on its side; and/or (c) CV is partly embedded into the terrain, which is corrected by getting into the command seat and powering up. This has also happened with HVs and SVs.

The hypothesis put forth by one buddy is that: rough or irregular terrain is the cause. He has observed that using the flattening tool to smooth out tunnels seems to result in fewer mishaps with his mining SVs when they are parked underground.

I regret that I cannot say I have reproduced these glitches either in singleplayer or on a vanilla build, so take these observations for what they are worth: potentially useful insights or potentially irrelevant if they are strictly a result of mod effects.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  7. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Haven't noticed this as much in the latest patch. Something you did must've fixed it for me.