Fixed Combat armor blocks are permanent white in Creative. [6088]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by gevans, Feb 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

I built an HV using combat armor blocks on my creative server in 9.4 and sections of hull blocks are permanently white......there is nothing I can do to change the color.......most of the hull is still normal where I can change the color normally.

I spawned this blueprint in my single player survival server and same result.

I will now try spawning this blueprint on a multiplayer public server and see if the same thing happens.

I have never seen this happen before.

2. You'll likely have to upload the blueprint and the game save so it can be looked at.

Did you try exiting the game and reloading? Sometimes that fixes issues like this.

3. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Please do attach the blueprint here, and a saved game with your character standing in front of it. Also helps to supply a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing.

4. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

I tried everything, logging in and out, spawning the BP in a single player server and then in a multiplayer public pvp server.
    And of course the color and texture tools and replacing the blocks as well.

Same result......the section of blocks that are by default white stay white......even when replaced with new blocks.

I'll try to upload the BP and a picture tomorrow.

5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did you verify your empyrion installation already? (steam > l-click > properties > verify files )

6. Pirate_90

Pirate_90 Ensign

Same issue here, some of my blueprints that I having do a lot of copy/paste seem to have blocks that are bugged.. We can change the texture but not the color, it's still white. Even erasing the block and putting a new one or even changing the type of material. I tried to rebuild by copying parts of my blueprint but I still find these white blocks ..
    NewGame_0_2019-02-18_12-40-38.png NewGame_0_2019-02-18_12-40-47.png NewGame_0_2019-02-18_12-43-46.png

Attached Files:

Frigidman likes this.
  7. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

That looks like the same problem I have Pirate.
    Some blocks are whited out ( in sections ) and there's nothing you can do to change the color.
    And yes I tried verifying the game files.

8. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

This problem seems to have gotten worse.

I started a brand new creative single player server with a new HV build.

Now some of the combat steel blocks for the HV I'm building are not only white but are also invisible.

Looks like building new ships in the creative server is definitely broken.

PLEASE FIX !!

9. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

I was finally able to build this HV normally.......not quite sure what I did.
    I tried saving the bp then spawning it and then saving that one and spawning it......several times.
    Also I tried not using our admin powers like god mode and freezing time, I'm not sure why it is now normal.

Update: So then I built and spawned it into the Shattered Realm pvp server and the damn thing has white and invisible sections of blocks again.

A teammate on Shattered Realm also had this happen.

10. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

I hope Eleon is not ignoring this problem.
    Being able to create new ship designs on the creative server is a major part of Empyrion for a lot of players.
    This is a serious issue that breaks this part of the game for those it happens to.

One more thing I noticed regarding this HV that I spawned on the Shattered Realm server........I showed my buggered up HV tank with the white and invisible blocks to another player and he was able to walk right through what should be a row of solid, square combat blocks ......from one side of this 360 ton tank to the other.......the invisible blocks are like they aren't even there.
    The weight and specs of this tank haven't changed from when it looked normal.

I have updated and checked the integrity of the game files, I have checked the game files for a virus and I have updated my Radeon video drivers.
    Nothing changes.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  11. Joshua Krieski

Joshua Krieski Ensign

I have been having this issue with my recent SV builds. the last 2 SVs I have tried to build a big chunk of blocks turned white and eventually invisible. Also started happening on a SV design I had done awhile ago and glitched out when I spawned it in. Seems to affect several versions of the base ships BP. Heres a sample of the ship:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....722/301C45CEB4C1EAEDA8CD2AE67EDC7053C5590B21/

and when the blocks turn invisible:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....876/DBA2D6A9557E48558DDED647B3A2E9019C4591FB/

12. Joshua Krieski

Joshua Krieski Ensign

So I have been messing around with this issue and it seems to be caused by blocks with lots of triangles. I had an SV design where the blocks turned invisible and started deleting 4 way connector blocks that I had on the interior and the invisible blocks started to reappear. Tested it on a SV where the blocks were white and by removing 4 way connector blocks they turned back to normal color. So if you are using whitespace blocks or have blocks with lots of triangles (rounded blocks), try removing some and see if your ships turn back to normal. Seems like you have to limit how much you use these types of blocks.

Pach likes this.
  13. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

I just tried spawning my HV again and this problem still exists.
    This is a serious problem.........What is being done about it

Joshua might be on to something.......my HV uses a lot of the round 4 way connector blocks for lag shot protection behind the outer layer of armor. These blocks have a higher triangle count.
    This was never a problem before and I've used this type of block combination for a couple years.
    Didn't the developers change something about blocks or the triangle count of blocks 2 or 3 patches ago ?
    Anyways......the developers did something with a patch a few months ago that started this problem.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  14. Joshua Krieski

Joshua Krieski Ensign

It definitely has something to do with those types of blocks, every BP I had that was affected I can remove the 4 way connector blocks and it turns back to normal, I began to now only put lag shot protection around critical parts and use the pyramid block, seems to be working in preventing the issue.

15. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Something 'was' changed with that 4-way round block... because its a pain to texture/color as its hitbox is all over the place. Sometimes coloring a side you are not even aiming at. This block used to be OK in that regard.

16. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

I wish someone from Eleon would respond to this.
    The developers broke this..........I'm hoping there planning on fixing it.

17. Don't take this the wrong way, but I told you back in February that you would have to link your blueprint and game save here and you still haven't done so.

The header on the title does say "Filed/Tracking" by the way. This means they are actively looking into it.
    You could help them though by following proper reporting protocol and providing all that's asked of you. It takes all of a minute or two to upload it and link it with the proper template.

Frigidman likes this.
  18. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

I had a problem finding that file back then.
    And that was already done in Pirate 90's post and I confirmed he has the same problem.
    And we have already done much of the legwork for Eleon by narrowing down the problem......and when it started.
    We can't be certain of that of course as we are not the developers, nor can we fix it.
    Now it's up to Eleon.

19. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Basically this.
    This issue is logged & will be addressed as soon as it can be. When a fix is ready for it I'll post a note here.

20. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

Thankyou Pantera.
    Because all the vessels I use are my own design this was an annoying glitch.
    I also put a lot of thought into my pvp designs and don't really want to be too public about the inner details.
    In every way this awesome game keeps getting better and it's because of the developers, but you know the old saying......the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Thanks.