comming to xbox one

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mercury2025, Apr 10, 2017.

1. mercury2025

mercury2025 Ensign

when might this game be coming to xbox one or any outher platform ? cuse it looks relly good an i would like to see it on consel not only on pc

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

its been answered a couple of time already. No
    The pc game isnt even far from done. and that is there focus

3. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Console is where good PC games go to die. Hopefully Empyrion will never be on any console anywhere.

4. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

If you keep discovering that PC games are something you want to play, then the logical step is to get a PC, not wait for said games to come to console. If you have a friend who builds PCs you can get a solid rig for a good price.

5. mercury2025

mercury2025 Ensign

true but see i don't have a friend that can build a pc for me nor do i have the money to have some one do it

6. mercury2025

mercury2025 Ensign

yea i know it not done an i did look for a form on this but i didn't find one so i asked

7. mercury2025

mercury2025 Ensign

console is just a nuthere form of getting therer game out to pepole that dont have pc or that dont like playing games on pc .an thats ur thoughts about pc games going to console.

8. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

Well the good news is, they're easier than ever to build. You could learn how with a few good tutorial videos. Just save up some dough.

9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Cost of an xbox one 300 - 400 dollars, plus tv... which can range and such. So figure 500 - 800 for setup.

Similar computer that could run this game:

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/steam_machines

also

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/prod...ven1=sWXDtXUfJ&ven2=,&ven3=265203039018763490

also

http://www.cybertronpc.com/customki...ig~14x2y.htm?gclid=CIHr35CUmtMCFVG1wAodD-cBKw

and many many more. Sassy is right too; some of the models you can build or acquire can be improved over time - consoles are a deliberately pre-cornered market, so you are stuck(there are still troubles with pc's, it is just they are more flexible and they allow for diversity to arise.)

Granted, you would also need to purchase a 100 dollar monitor, so I do not want to mislead you, but the prices are comparable and blue-toothing controllers to pc's is easier than ever if that is your thing - consider a pc in the future. :)

10. mercury2025

mercury2025 Ensign

cant save up when u have house, trucks, an bils payments an work on a ranch. that dosent pay to well

11. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

Sadly, console hardware is too old to handle Unity well at all. I honestly hope that it never gets to the current generation of console hardware. (Including the freshly announced Xbox upgrade, that doesn't really do much to improve the performance of the CPU or RAM. Just like the PS4 Pro was a wasted GPU upgrade and not much else.)

We can see already in 7 Days to Die what happens when you try to port a Unity game to the console. It's a mess. The hardware just can not do what is needed.
    So shortcuts are taken.
    Then everyone with the console version is crying that they don't have what the PC has, and keeps having bugs and crashes. So now the teams are trying to fix the bugs, and also trying to appease the players who want more content.

One thing you have to keep in mind about Console hardware. PC's were running those same specs almost 10 years ago.
    Seriously, that's how out-dated your hardware is on a console. The CPU isn't even equivalent to an i3. And the new updates to hardware is just speeding up the clock on that same old GPU. MS is actually increasing the RAM to 12GB, but they are still using the old slow RAM. The only notable upgrade is the GPU, and you really aren't getting what your paying for it. (Especially based on projected pricing for the Scorpio.)

12. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Captain

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Best to just build a budget PC. It's not difficult to do plus it saves money.

What a complete disaster the 7DTD port was / is. This video sums it up quite well:
    What's really terrible about that entire situation is that the company responsible have been diverting resources from the PC version to fix up a shoddy half-baked port to an alpha product that was sold as a 'complete' boxed retail product. It was a completely absurd sham that should have never happened.

I really don't want to see Empyrion take the same path. Priority should be on PC development.

13. SylenThunder

SylenThunder Captain

Yeah, I think most of the blame with 7DTD is on Telltale. TFP has really been trying to help them out with getting it fixed.

14. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Captain

Telltale didn't force TFP into porting their game. This is entirely on TFP. They knew the game wasn't ready and decided to port anyway.

Aside from the money, it makes so little sense to have actually ported the game in its current state. Even assuming everything worked perfectly on PC (which it most certainly doesn't - far from it), so many of the more advanced and fun features aren't even in the PC version yet. Improved RWG, NPCs, radiated zones, bandits, electricity, more vehicles, etc,. We're coming up on A16 and the game is just now getting automated defense turrets...this is a game advertised as tower defense and the only defense mechanisms in place have been 1x1 spike blocks and digging trenches with a shovel. There is also still zero end-game content and much of what is already present needs a lot of refinement.

Lesson of the 7DTD story for indie developers: finish the game, then worry about porting.

geostar1024 and ion_storm like this.
  15. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

They have indicated consoles and other platforms come after the game is built, a long way off you could say.

But I believe there intention when the game is finished is to open it up to consoles, of coarse by them the console world will be onto its next generation of internals and will hopefully utilize multicore CPUs and more video bandwidth.

Just have to wait n see wont we.

16. medicineman

medicineman Captain

I wish somebody would have told me that before I bought this game. Console ports are crap. They are all crap and have always been crap. If Eleon is intending a console version to exist then they are already making plans to accommodate that. They have to be.

No wonder the new UI sucks so bad and the game is riddled with instances. I guess I'm about done here.

ion_storm likes this.
  17. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

How many 'm' s in coming?

18. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Considering the issues Kerbal Space Program had (maybe still has) with its console port, I'm inclined to agree. I'm still holding out hope that the interface changes will allow Eleon to more easily design and style new interface components (and perhaps eventually make it possible for modders to make their own changes too).

19. medicineman

medicineman Captain

KSP is one of the last games on earth I would have expected to go to a console. It is probably one of the most complex games I've ever played. Game developers are so greedy and short sighted now a days. Just unscrupulous.

20. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

The only saving grace there is that KSP was in a decently finished state by the time they decided to do the port, so the poor execution mostly hurt console players (PC players were affected indirectly by the dev team spending time squashing console port bugs rather than PC bugs or adding new content). If Eleon really is prepping for a console port right now, they should really reconsider, because Empyrion, as good as it is right now, is in no state to undergo that process.

Charitably, I've been assuming that introducing instancing has been Eleon's somewhat lazy solution for dealing with the rapid gutting of POIs in MP (which itself was caused by the focus on putting tons of loot in POIs, which itself was caused by a lack of end-game content and story line as well as a level-based tech tree). If I have one overarching complaint with the development process for Empyrion, it's that the devs seem to favor quick fixes for unbalanced play rather than taking a deep look at why the existing game systems are producing unbalanced results and designing new game systems with additional depth and flexibility as a response. Eleon has put a lot of effort into the crafting system and it shows (though I'd say weapon kits are a generally a step back, replacing complexity with an RNG); that same attention has not been applied (or at least, not applied adequately) to other aspects of the game, like the combat system.
    </off-topic rant>