Not a bug Computer Rebooting

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Wakfu, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:59 AM.

1. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

Ok, so this happened some time ago and went away. Sometimes, perhaps 3 times in a row my PC will reboot not long after logging into Empyrion.

specs: windows 10, gtx 1070, i7:6700k, 16gb ram.

Troubleshooting? PC not overheating, stress tested, heat tested, temps are lower than other games.
    Field tested: Star Citizen runs for hours, causing more heat than Empyrion, no problems.

Tested PSU, no problems. Ram no problems. Updated drivers, same issue.
    I tested the PSU because if there is power problems to the video card not supplying enough power it can cause restarts. Heat is another obvious one.

I am at a lost. ONLY Empyrion it does it with.

Help? :)

edit:
    this is the only thing I am seeing in my windows event list for system consistently, don't know if its related.

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server

constant warnings for distributed com.

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/ff1dd1d290c14b1c66c064825f56db8a

seems those are always there from the time the system starts windows.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:07 AM
  2. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

3. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

last entry in the log:

Unloading 36590 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 288546.

Total: 426.671400 ms (FindLiveObjects: 17.702900 ms CreateObjectMapping: 37.637800 ms MarkObjects: 349.060500 ms DeleteObjects: 22.269800 ms)
    10-22:50:20.709 19_50 -LOG- Weather: CloudsDark

Could not find method 'SetLabel' on UIScrollablePopupList

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 48)

maybe the game is crashing when it cannot find the function setlabel? anyway line 48 of bindings.h :)

4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

You need to upload your entire crash log, not copy and paste a single line or two. Follow directions and upload it as well instead of copy/paste.

5. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
  6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I had a lot of crashes to desktop with Empyrion, but it never rebooted the PC apart from a few very specific times where the OS (win 8.1) was "forcing" the reboot because the graphics adapter wasn't responding in a set delay.

Maybe you could be more descriptive towards how the "reboot" occurs : messages, windows logs, etc.

My problem had to do with TDR failure, which I solved with a registry hack (set a longer delay before failure). Solved. Only Empyrion was causing that issue, but the game never forced a "reboot".

You can also run a memory test like Pantera suggested. Better be safe than sorry.

7. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

Memory test passed on all 4 cumulative tests. It just reboots. I am playing one minute and bam screen fades to energy saving and comes back on to normal booting processes and into windows.

the game is causing an error, but the symptom might be unique to my system at the moment.

I thought I had uploaded the full log.

Attached Files:

8. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    That log doesn't show anything really as to why you are getting this 'Rebooting' issue.
    Are you running a overclock on the GPU, CPU or RAM ? perhaps you could consider trying to remove the OC & see if any OC could be causing it.

9. cpontin

cpontin Commander

I had this on my professionally overclocked PC with only Empyrion. Star Citizen etc all ran fine for hours.

The vendor asked me to increase the cpu voltage by one notch and the problem has gone away. Hope that helps.

10. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

No overclocking.

11. cpontin

cpontin Commander

Just so that you can rule it out, I get the same “set label” message all the time. No reboots or crashes in relation to it.

As a test, run something like 3d mark to stress your system without Empyrion in the equation. See if you get the same.

Also install a power meter so you can see if your system runs out of juice.
    https://windowsreport.com/test-computer-power-supply-software/?amp

12. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

what is still weird is that Empyrion was the only thing which caused it until you made a remedy, a remedy which nothing else required.

13. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

It's not that weird really.
    Empyrion pushes systems really hard due to it's unfinished and unoptimized state. It pushes systems harder than many (most) games ever do. Due to this it tends to highlight underlying issues in PC's that you might never know about otherwise.

14. Wakfu

Wakfu Commander

if Empyrion pushes harder than star citizen ill eat my toes.

15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Try a google search on this: windows 10 gtx 1070 tdr failure