Fixed Connected Toolbar Deletes items.

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by -AKEVA-BANSHEE-, Oct 31, 2021.

?

How often does this happen to you?

Poll closed Nov 14, 2021.
  1. Once a day

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Twice a day

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. More than 2 times a day.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

Build:
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Multiplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A Any
    SEED-ID: 7

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: 50%
    Severity: Major

Type: Global/Connected Toolbar

Summary: Connected Toolbar Deletes items upon disconnection from storage container.

Description: Any time you disconnect from a storage container to quickly (2 seconds after adding something to it or less) Item have a decent chance of getting deleted in a multiplayer game.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Join a server
    2) Place down a box & connect to it.
    3) Add something to the connected toolbar and quickly disconnect

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Not at the moment.

Pixx-x and Germanicus like this.
  2. marko0280

marko0280 Ensign

since i lost a ton of stuff to this issue last several months, i now tend to wait few seconds before disconnecting/reconnecting to a container box, but it still happens sometimes

i still lose more stuff to that stupid bug when you have several constructors/deconstructors/furnaces linked to same container and you have a bad timing to open a box/constructor when some of them are finishing production...things just "disintegrate" into nothing...

3. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Nothing happens for me when disconneting from the container at step 3 (I'm disconnecting close to within 1 second each try) & also I tried disconnecting from the server with the connected toolbar still connected (disconnecting either immedietly after connecting & placing an item into the connected toolbar or a few moments after). My setup for this was 10 constructors, 5 furnaces & 5 deconstructors all with the same output container which is the container I was connecting to take this in to consideration also:

As of the fix that was done here I have yet to see a single item of mine go missing
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/v1-5-5-patch.98518/
    "- Item loss from connected toolbar when client is disconnected from a server".

Germanicus likes this.
  4. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

- Item loss from connected toolbar when client is disconnected from a server".

Every time It happens I check the console I have never seen a log there that said client has disconnected from the server. I believe this is something different.

5. AgentMaster

AgentMaster Lieutenant

Every time It happens - true! Also it happens if you hold an item (you pick the item but not place it yet) and client has disconnected from the server! After reconnect the item is gone!