Fixed connection lost - issue

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Guardian44, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

i raised 2 tickets via mail, with all the logs attached to it - just an automated reply

i raised the topic here in this forum, no reaction, not even a "go to hell reply".

seriously?

i have a dedicated server running, as long as my power as server admin is not required, the game works up to 50% fine, in the moment i am asked to help out in some what ever case and i even activate the map view feature, of the admin permissions - BAM i got disconnected.

i get disconnect as a result of every admin permission i activate, does not matter, if i am in space, on the surface, just standing around or typing into the chat. These are the other 50% of the game.

the first 50% currently are covered by unknown disconnects - an unknown error occured - oh i love this messages, same goes for all the people who tell me that they have this message. it does not matter what they are doing either, if it is building, looking on the map, flying around or being idle somewhere without anything else near them.

When i look into the logs, well funny to read this message - 04-19:05:38.324 21_05 -WRN- CONNECTION TO DEDICATED SERVER LOST - WTF.

you want to know that i did before that happened. i was in an asteroid field- my ship near a another players ship and i asked him, what he was farming. end of story.

disconnects, disconnects, disconnects. my entire weekend was ruined because of this annoying disconnects.

-reinstalling - hey, i am getting tired of this suggestion
    -check files - creates a lot of fun, everytime before starting playing, to have to check if something is broken again

Since the last patching cycle began, a lot of exceptions started popping up in the log files as well, here just a small selection of them - 2549

04-19:11:32.147 21_11 -EXC- System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <7d97106330684add86d080ecf65bfe69>:0
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <7d97106330684add86d080ecf65bfe69>:0
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].RemoveAt (System.Int32 index) [0x00009] in <7d97106330684add86d080ecf65bfe69>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.DriveContext.UnregisterBookmark (System.Int32 , System.Int32 , System.Int32 ) [0x00169] in <8fb4dfcb48d14d60adf4b9d6fc60a718>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.DriveContext.SelectActivator () [0x0009d] in <8fb4dfcb48d14d60adf4b9d6fc60a718>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.DriveContext.ToggleServer () [0x00015] in <8fb4dfcb48d14d60adf4b9d6fc60a718>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.TreeNodeOptions.CopyLine (Assembly-CSharp.SelectionFactory+WindowService ) [0x00021] in <8fb4dfcb48d14d60adf4b9d6fc60a718>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.SelectionFactory.ReplaceConfig (System.Object ) [0x0001d] in <8fb4dfcb48d14d60adf4b9d6fc60a718>:0

Mesh.uv3 is out of bounds. The supplied array needs to be the same size as the Mesh.vertices array.
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Graphics/Mesh/Mesh.cpp Line: 946)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 48)
    Could not find method 'SetLabel' on UIScrollablePopupList

Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Client/Empyrion_Data/Mono/libc
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Client/Empyrion_Data/Mono/libc.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Client/Empyrion_Data/Mono/libc
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed

-------------
    And last but not least, there is this weird connection issue.

the physical server on which the Empyrion server is running, only accepts connections via the server browser tool. but the empyrion server which is running in a virtual enviroment on the same physical server does accept direct connections. also the weird issue, that when i compare the settings the are nearly the same accept for the the network ports/ip of course. but then the thing gets even weirder. i know my way around, firewalls, routing etc. but what does not make sense, is that the empyrion server directly on the physical machine, can only be reached by opening the ports, by creating one rule for each port. the virtual server works with a port range rule.

something is very wrong with the current network code. and please spare me suggestions about my network, other servers before empyrion worked without a failure.

factorio, space engineers, medieval engineeers etc. just to mention a few.

sorry, the current problems and issues simple do not make any sense. to summarize: network disconnects caused by admin privledges? wtf. disconnects by doing nothing or chatting? wtf. direct connections to the server ip not possible, only via browser tool? wtf.

you can consider this post as a steam blow off, but the problems keep staggering at the moment and a lot of people told, me that they will stop playing, when this issues will not be solved. i cannot say what is causing this mess. i am tired of sending log files and receiving automated replies and then with the next patch, the network problems pile up again. yes it is alpha. but at this point, the network issues must be or should be solved, bcause an (open) beta, will be even worse, if this things are not handled.

just as a footnote, i even get disconected sometimes, when i switch the view between containers.

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    What is the name used that sent a email so I can look for it ?
    Did you attach all of the logs from the B2549 folder from the servers logs folder ?

3. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

sent you the email via conversation and also the link to the entire zip file 2549. even today, better few minutes ago, i connected, due to player request, wrote into chat - bam disconnect, i did not even do anything else, but writing into the chat.

4. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

well i have to admit, the idea, that the steam application itself is broken, came never to my thoughts. every other online steam game worked perfectly, only empyrion was affected by it. also the fact that the use of empyrion admin commands accelerated the disconnects was/is a little bit confusing till now.

i reinstalled steam, reinstalled empyrion and well what do you know, the game is now running smoothly, without any disconnects so far.

thanks for the tipp in our private conversation, to check the steam app installation itself, sadly there is no function for checking the steam app itself, only games. so it cannot be helped, the reason will stay a secret.

5. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    @Guardian44 thanks for confirming it appears something may have gone wrong with steam authentication & a reinstalltion has worked for others.
    I don't know why it happens but other games can get this issue also.