Fixed Console prints infinite red messages for colliders.

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Myrmidon, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Resuming on A11.5.2, a previus saved game started while A11.5 was itnroduced, I get the messages shown in the photo bellow.

"Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider. Scene hierarchy path "NGUI Root (2D)/wdwHUD/wdwMiniMap/PanelClipping/SpritesParent/MiniMapSprite""

console.png

I do not get any messages like this when I start a normal single player survival or creative game nor when I load a default Aqua Omicron multisolar scenario, that I started when multisolar systems were introduced. The scenario is Project Eden - Alpha 11.5 (work in progress) . The logs are here and the save game is here. Starting new game with the same scenario console does not print red messages.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Ephoie likes this.
  2. dichebach

dichebach Captain

I am 75% certain I am getting this exact same bug with the exact same context as you (save file from 11.5 in Project Eden). For me, when I either load a save in which player was in a vehicle (on a planet, didn't try to go to space), or even just get IN a vehicle that is on a planet, the vehicle undergoes chaotic, jittery, mangled colliding with the planet surface.

This also happened when I started a new survival campaign in PE scenario, built an HV, loaded it and boarded it.

3. dichebach

dichebach Captain

My 'bug' seems to have just been a file that was corrupted. Verifying game cache fixed it.

Ephoie likes this.
  4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

All I did started a new game wiht the same scenario. I will keep in mind to check the files first in the future, if it helps.

Upd----I did try the verify game files but it did not help in my case.....The printout still happens.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  5. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

That would've been my first suggestion.

6. Ouch

Ouch Ensign

The workshop link to it is here:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007152174/myworkshopfiles/?appid=383120

I recommend getting in the pod before it touches the terrain as it sends you at light speed into space sometimes, and others it just crashes the game giving a ton of "frustum out of range" errors. If you don't get in it appears to to just dissapear but it still exist somewhere as the game will usually crash a short time after. (I presume after it flies out of bounds)

Seemed to have happened after a recent patch as I didn't get this behavior when I designed it.

Can someone please test it and confirm it's not just me for the devs?

Oh, this is in single player and the pod was made after the CPU update if it helps.

Here is a save game showing the issue. (cargo pod should touch the ground in a few seconds after loading)
    https://sites.google.com/site/ouchsdownloads/home/downloads/NewGame_0-191218-2047.zip

Edit: Forum won't let me reply here, but I tried verifying my files and deleting everything under (steam location)\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache and my problem still persists.

I also just tried a new survival game, changed mode with "cm" on the console and spawned my cargo pod and the exact same behavior exists.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  7. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer