Filed / Tracking Constructor and Food Processor stop working after resuming the game [6757]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Philipp, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Philipp

Philipp Captain

10.5 (Build 2642) Experimental

Mode: Survival

Mode: Local Coop

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Just some adjustments on how many ores, what kind of ores and stuff like that.

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Constructors

Summary: Constructor and Food Processor stop working after resuming the game

Description:
    After reloading our savegame, the Constructors and Food Processor stop working.
    They are like frozen. Activating and Deactivating them doesn't help, also activating and deactivating the power of the base doesn't help.

Only solution so far is disamble them with the multitool and rebuild them.

Darby liebt Razor_2019-09-13_15-06-41.png Darby liebt Razor_2019-09-13_15-07-03.png

2. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    From what I can see this exist back in the current public branch are you aware ?

Also when you say "After reloading our savegame" do you mean you close the Local co-op server down then the next time you start it again as local co-op mode the Constructor & the food processor both freeze in the same way ?
    When you keep the constructor or the food processor window open for 2 minutes do they still not start ?

Kassonnade likes this.
  3. Philipp

Philipp Captain

We never got that problem yet, for us it appeared the first time in 2642. We also tried 2643, but same problem.

Yes, exactly. It freezes on every constructor and for every player.

We tried that, but it still won't start.

This is after loading: Darby liebt Razor_2019-09-13_18-37-57.png

and this about 2,5 minutes later: Darby liebt Razor_2019-09-13_18-40-32.png

Without closing the window. My girlfriend tested the same thing with the large constructor, same problem.

What sometimes helps to fix the problem is: Deactivate the constructor, click on whatever it tries to produce in that moment, start a new production, activate the constructor again.

If the thing above doesn't help, then do this: Deactivate the constructor, click on wahtever it tries to produce, start a new production, click on the new production, activate the construtor and then start a new production.

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I just experienced this as well.

5. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you say exactly how ?
    You load into the save game queue a item up in the constructor then as soon as it is in the queue you leave to the main menu & close the co-op/dedi server down ?

Kassonnade likes this.
  6. Philipp

Philipp Captain

in our case its exactly what we did. Just that we queued some more items, not only one.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Playing on dedicated server hosted on my brother's PC. Server was shut down the last few nights due to thunderstorms so this is the first time I played on it in a few days. I had stuff queued up in the constructor when I last played. Logged in today and the construction queue was frozen.
    Turning the constructor off and then canceling the queued items fixed it.

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Seems water generators are affected by the same or similar bug. Replacing them fixed them.

20190913192608_1.jpg

9. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

I've been seeing it with auto miners as well. I assume it's affecting everything in the game with a timer (be it a water generator or a base constructor or anything else.)

I'll remember to grab a screenshot and a backup next time I see it in case it's needed still.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  10. Philipp

Philipp Captain

still an issue in 2646

11. Philipp

Philipp Captain

This also happens to the suit constructor and if it happens to the suit constructor you can't do anything to fix this.
    Even killing the player with commands like "destroyme" won't help, if you logout while you craft something in your suit constructor, and the problem appears, the suit constructor won't work again!

12. krazzykid2006

Any chance we can get this thread moved over to the stable branch bugs sections since it's still happening in the stable branch?
    We are seeing this issue a lot on HWS servers and we wiped completely fresh for the update.

13. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    No need to move the thread.
    What is happening on HWS appears to possibly be something different to what was in the OP here.
    A fix will be out on HWS very soon. Any terrain placeables that still have a issue will need to be picked up & placed down again & any solar panels on player made bases looking like they are off need to be removed via multitool & placed back on. POI's can use the regenerate ID' command.

Kassonnade likes this.
  14. Philipp

Philipp Captain

if you pick things like water generator up and place them again, it happens again when the server restarts. So for us on dedicated server this isn't a good solution, if you have to travel to every planet and pick up every autominer and place them again.

15. krazzykid2006

Sorry, but it's not a one time thing. We are seeing it repeating over and over, perhaps when the server restarts.

It's also happening with suit constructors, plants, regular constructors, everything with a timer.
    So it's the exact same thing that's being reported here, not special to HWS.
    How am I supposed to pick up a suit constructor and place it down again?

This is after the server was wiped fresh for 10.5

By the way, I had deleted my post that you quoted after I saw the new patch notes for 2648, so I don't know who put my post back. I had deleted it though.
    "- Possible fix for ticks getting out of sync"

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  16. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Again it's not entirely the same thing.

Please create a new thread for what you are experiencing & provide a save game that the issue can be easily reproduced from (if not a server of your own ask the owner to pride it I already have the latest HWS save game) & tag me when it is done.

I have the HWS save locally on my own server using EAH to do regular restarts & what you mention is not happening (my character was setup in B2646 & the suit constructor was set to be crafting items before loading it in B2648) (also tested without EAH).

Kassonnade likes this.
  17. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Kassonnade and Philipp like this.