Filed / Tracking Constructor using output as input [00606]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Redakted, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Redakted

Redakted Ensign

Build: 1.2.2
    Mode: Default Random
    Mode: Dedicated server

SERVER NAME: Nick's Server
    SEED-ID: available upon request

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Advanced constructor uses output as input under specific conditions

Steps to Reproduce:

Start with: 1 input box(100 of each Iron, copper, silicon)
    1 output box(100 of each Steel plate, electronic, optical fiber)

Start making computers. After the first computer the constructor will use optical fiber and steel plate from the output instead of the input.

Seem to happen with any item where you have at least 1 X ingredient required for the intermediate product in the input and enough X in the output to create the product.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Is the container assigned to input/output the same or a different one?

Not sure if this entirely a "bug" as in the past the constructor would pick from any in/out in case it "finds" required materials in any of the locations.

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Happened to me too - with two different Containers designated as Input and Output. Startled me too (wrote even a Bug-Report:oops:)

4. Redakted

Redakted Ensign

Containers assign to different input/outputs. If that's the case it may not be a bug per say. Maybe just counterintuitive? Strange part is it doesn't take material from the output unless the input also has at least 1 of the same material. If the input has at least 1 material it prefers to use the output and not the material in the input first.

The whole reason why I noticed this is because I wanted to stock up on a few hundred of each intermediate product(steel plate, optical fiber, computer) but the constructor would use up the materials I just made for advanced things like computers.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Ok, this sounds a bit more "unwanted" ... do you still have the setup/savegame so a Dev can just jump in and see what happened without having to set up anything?

6. Silence

Silence Ensign

i've reproed this (sucessful)

here's the save file for it. as they said. Load, craft computers.

Attached Files:

Redakted and Germanicus like this.
  7. Stan2112

Stan2112 Lieutenant

This happens to me in bases and CVs. Haven't tried it in SVs or HVs.

8. Kithran

Kithran Ensign

Build: 3209
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Multipplayer

SERVER NAME: Reforged Eden (Spanj's reforged server)
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Have reproduced myself but only on the server
    Severity:

Type:

Summary: Constructor pulling from both Input and Output container

Description: Playing reforged eden on a multiplayer server. I am building some darkmatter containers (reforged eden end game construction component) and noticed that it was pullign some material from my output container rather than the input container.

One of the components to build dark matter containers is Voidum, a very bulky material, 42 units will almost fill a 320k storage bin.

I only had space for 6 units in my input container but had plenty of space in my output thus had excess held there and was planning to transfer 4 at a time everytime a container completed (4 units are needed for each containter).

I first noticed the amount of voidium in the Input container wasn't decreasing and subsequently realised it was reducing the amount in my output container.

Steps to Reproduce: I had a nearly full input container, an output container which also happened to contain a large amount of a bulky component used in what I was builting. started builing multiple items.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

upload_2021-1-4_8-48-37.png

2 Containers being built, 6 voidium in input, 15 voidium and 1 container in output

upload_2021-1-4_8-49-43.png

First container now built, 6 voidium still in input, 11 voidium now in output, 2 containers in output

9. kDM (Venatus Australia)

kDM (Venatus Australia) Ensign

Dev probably won't pay much attention to this since it's based on a custom item in a custom scenario. Reproduce the issue with a default item in default SP and it might have some traction.

10. Kithran

Kithran Ensign

One thing that has struck me - I had the constructor interface open when I had this happen (i.e. kept it open, didn't close it and do something else). When I countined building stuff I closed it and at that point it seemed to correctly only take from the input container, when I reopened the constructor interface it started taking from both again

11. Movado

Movado Lieutenant

I can confirm this is true in vanilla too. It’s an issued that I have noticed for a few versions and was on my radar to report.

Redakted likes this.