Content - just not enough. Time to take a break. What should I play next

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by SnowdogJJJ, Oct 25, 2020.

1. SnowdogJJJ

SnowdogJJJ Commander

Love the game played through twice now.. maybe its time to take a break for a while and come back in a few months. It was definitely worth the $20 +$10 a month for the online server for the past 5 or 6 months.

Maybe I'll go back to:
    • fall out 76
    • 7 days to die
    • War Robots
    • Shroud of the Avatar

Any suggestions?

zaphodikus likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Captain

I've taken a break because of the rubbish crosshair and not knowing where I'm shooting.

7 days to die is a good choice. Sandbox. You can do massive builds (without CPU). You can take down POI's and get the loot any way you want (without being forced to do the 'corridor shooter' thing). It has zombies. (with good AI). The graphics are really great for a sandbox game.

SnowdogJJJ likes this.
  3. SnowdogJJJ

SnowdogJJJ Commander

So they moved my post here into limbo... Why?

zaphodikus likes this.
  4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Because you're obviously not going to talk about Empyrion maybe ?

I just spent close to 500 hours in The Division. It was free on Uplay for a while so I grabbed it. Very nice and polished game, but that's about it. Grindy like hell, RNG is laughing at players and the AI feels cheaty a lot. That's a good example of a game that forces players through a very unsatisfying play loop with not much else to do after completion. Apart from its nice looks, it's an empty shell.

So... I'm back here waiting for news and little bits of improvements. :)

5. Spoon

Spoon Captain

haha, didn't notice that.
    As above, I think they don't want talk about other games in the main section. Especially people leaving Empyrion cause they are bored.
    I have noticed that newer players are getting bored of the game. Most of the people I watch on youtube have moved away from vanilla Empyrion as they want more.

Kassonnade likes this.
  6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Vanilla Empyrion is more like a "template" than a "game". What makes the product interesting is its potential, but the visuals are still "locked" to modding for us. The game can't sustain visual/ audio comparison with what comes out now (and even came out many years ago). The player/ ship controls leave much to be desired and things have gotten worse when they changed the flight system. If it was not for the building part the game and forums would be very quiet by now.

Spoon likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Captain

I couldn't agree more.
    I really like your comment about the game "Right now it's just "waiting" to see what the next patch will bring, hoping for changes that were asked long time ago." in this thread..
    It's a shame because everyone can see the potential for this game but it looks like the devs don't listen to the community most of the time.
    I bet if a couple of modders got together and could change anything in this game, then that would be a great game to play.

8. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

I have 7DTD , never worked out how to get into it really, I'm keen to, just need some motivation, because I keep dying and zombies are not really my thing. I've tried playing SE. But find it far too fiddly, and frankly even chilling out in Stardew Valley looks promising I'm that tired of this year but if it comes to that , please shoot me.

Shroud of the Avatar? Tell us more?