Cooking Eggs... *just* Eggs, nothing else

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Scoob, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all,

I've pondered about this before but never mentioned it. Why can't we just cook eggs on their own? Boiled Egg, Poached Egg, Scrambled Egg - any of these would be great and, perhaps just need the Egg!

I find eggs early-game quite often, but never have the rest of the ingredients to do anything with them. Really, an Egg should be a lucky find during the early game, providing a LOT of nutrition when cooked. Sure, we can eat them raw, but as with any raw food, I get sick more often than not.

In my current game - which is a Project Eden start - I'm near starvation a lot of the time due to the Scenario and RNG luck, or lack thereof. However, I have been finding ample Eggs but I can't do anything with just Eggs.

What do people think?

As an aside: Fried Egg on a Burger...a new experience for me this year (yes, really) and it's bloody amazing! Never added a friend egg to a burger before, but the Pub near me were doing a "Gourmet Burger" take-away during the Summer and it was epic. Just sayin' lol.

Scoob.

Ambaire, Khazul, byo13 and 2 others like this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I've been asking myself that very same thing...
    along with why is honey perishable when it's not?
    Why have the bees stopped buzzing?
    what happened to Seaweed Snacks? They (and Corndogs) were an early survival staple.

The answer is.....Hell, I don't know! Makes no sense to me at all.
    Unless.......it requires less CPU if the bees are quiet and the honey spoils. Don't even get me started on what it takes to fry an egg on a computer.

Btw, here we call 'em Royal Burgers. Yes, they are awesome. Add bacon, lettuce, tomato and you have breakfast, lunch and supper all in one.:cool:

byo13 likes this.
  3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I did hear there was some issue with the buzzing sound for the honey plant thing. I recall, early game, I stayed clear of that cos I thought it was dangerous... it should have been judging by the sound!

I also miss the buffs for being well-fed, I liked that feature bit it was removed. Reforged added them back in, which was cool. Hopefully food recipes and status effects will get looked at by the devs again at some point.

Nice. The pub here does them with fries and some of the best onion rings I've ever had...

Scoob.

Ambaire, Vermillion and Track Driver like this.
  4. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

As an aside, both of the above are available in the Reforged mods. You can make scrambled eggs and being at full food gives you a "well fed" effect.

There are so many things that Ravien and Vermillion added to their mods that are just ridiculously common sense.

Treeshell, Vermillion and Spoon like this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Captain

Eleon don't do common sense..

6. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Which...man...irritates me. Some of the difficulty enhancements in Reforged are kinda irritating to me, a "casual" player. But it irritates me that some random fellas, who arent even paid, can take some free time and go in and enhance nearly >everything< in the game. And...it works. The game isnt exploding and throwing massive numbers of errors.

Heck...just the sound effects and weapon upgrades alone would be absolutely awesome to have in vanilla

7. Track Driver

In the beginning, I thought Alien Honey was more like a Venus Flytrap that, as soon as I got too close, it would grab and eat me!:eek:

It wil be nice when we can go back to the pub.:(

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I do love many of the changes Reforged - specifically Reforged Eden - makes. However, other aspects of it have gone a little too grindy for my taste. Mining is a bit too slow and the material requirements for some things a little too high. I get the idea of slowing things down and I'd usually be all for this, and I've always loved a tougher challenge. However, Mining taking longer and yielding far less wheile recipes need a LOT more isn't my idea of fun, sadly.

Perhaps in part because I set a lot of other aspects of the game to hard, I don't really need resource gathering to be, well, not hard at all, just dead slow.

I agree, I've not been in a Pub for ages. Picked up some takeway a couple of times and sat in a pub garden, but I haven't ventured into a pub restaurant which used to be a regular thing for me. Oddly, I have successfully managed to maintain my current level of fatness despite this lol.

Scoob.

Khazul and Track Driver like this.
  9. Track Driver

A couple of things regarding in-game food I overlooked from my previous post:
    1. Why did they decide to identify harvestable plants by category rather than by name, even though in the Item Menu they are still listed by name?
    2. They ought to add Dehydrated food items: Akua berries, oranges, pearthings. The dehydrator could be part of survival constructor or whatever they call that magic backpack we carry.

I spent part of this pandemic with no teeth. I managed to drop a few pounds. Not enough, but any is better than none.:)

10. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Sadly, that too has been what has somewhat leaned me away from reforged as well. I totally get the increased difficulty and many of the other changes as well. It does pretty much force your hand to build specialized mining HVs and SVs. Which is cool, it isnt for everyone. But it has made me wish I had even 10% of the modding capability of Ravien and Vermillion. Then I could go in and keep their weapons/food/enemy type and AI changes, but skip the grindy mining stuff.

Khazul likes this.
  11. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

For mining, the drills can be modded to be faster, or the deposits yields can be made more generous. In fact there can be very little to modify to have a big impact to counter what Reforged may have changed. For recipes, it's very easy to change. The Reforged "mods" use the same files we all have in the ...\Content\Configuration folders. These are simple text files and items are pretty much self-explanatory.

Tell me some specifics and I will give you examples how to modify the files. You can adjust the Reforged files so you can keep the modded weapons & other stuff you like, and just tweak recipes and resources/ drills a bit.

12. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Thanks! I appreciate the offer!

13. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

@Kassonnade Where are the scenarios stored? I am subscribed to Reforged, Eden, and Reforged Eden, but don't see them in C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Scenarios. And all the custom blueprints. I don't see them in the blueprints directory, either.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

14. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Since Project Eden/ Reforged(...) are taken from the Workshop, you will find the folders in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\383120\2154284616\Content\Configuration

383120 is the identifier for Empyrion that can be seen in Steam\steamapps\appmanifest_383120.acf

This will point you to the folder with a long number (not important) which contains the Project Eden files when navigating in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\etc .

------------------------------------------------

Most recipes can be found in the Templates.ecf file. To lower the "grind" simply modify the OutputCount value. The Child Inputs value and types can also be changed. The OutputCount is the number of items you get from crafting, and Child Inputs are the "ingredients" required (and quantities) for crafting.

line 102:

{ +Template Name: IronIngot
    BaseItem: true #A1
    OutputCount: 10 <<< change this number as desired
    CraftTime: 5 <<< this can also be lowered for faster crafting
    Target: "SurvC,SmallC,HoverC,BaseC,LargeC,AdvC,Furn"
    { Child Inputs
    IronOre: 5 <<< change this number as desired, or change IronOre for another material (ex. CrushedStone)
    }
    }

The drills can be modified in the Config.ecf file, they are at the top (first items). Read the instructions at the top, they're simple to follow. What may result in faster/ more efficient drilling is to simply crank the damage value up. Make sure to modify the 3 drills in a similar way (or incremental) to still get a sense of progression when upgrading in game.

Edit : like @ravien_ff pointed out you can simply remove the ' # " before lines to enable the modification. In the Config.ecf file, starting at line 23 :

# ============== MINING CHANGES - EASY MODE ====================
    # Remove the # at the beginning of each line between the { brackets } to enable.
    # Easy Drilling - Increases speed of the mechanical drill
    #{ Item Id: 2056, Name: Drill

# {
    # Damage: 170 <<< crank this number up for even faster mining
    # Radius: 1.25
    # }
    #}

Simply remove all the # I highlighted in red and this whole block of code will be enabled. Do not remove the other # as they are used to disable lines that are comments and not "code" and thus will throw an error if the # is removed before them.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Spoon and Fisch050 like this.
  15. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Thank you! I would never have found that.

Kassonnade likes this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Reforged Galaxy/Eden also includes a custom config.ecf file with several different presets you can activate. One of them is faster mining.

Fisch050 and Kassonnade like this.
  17. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Steak and eggs for breakfast please! (even though Im a brit, some things in the US are actually OK ;))

18. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Hah! Reminds me of something I read once "Great Britain once commanded a vast empire that encompassed the world to seek out spices, and then refused to use any of them in their cooking at all."

Germanicus, Fisch050 and Khazul like this.
  19. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

What do you mean? There is chips and curry sauce! :p

ChumSickle likes this.
  20. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

I mean, boiled eggs are a thing. They're pretty easy to make IRL. I'm fairly certain a portable constructor could handle it. You could just use the same icon for raw eggs as you would for cooked ones.