Coop/Server not working (was told to post here from steam forum)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaney D, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Shaney D

Shaney D Ensign

Hello,

I tried to first find a solution on the steam community page, I was directed to post on the official forum as they said it was more active. I also joined the discord and it didn't seem to be active either. I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to post this thread. (bug page didn't seem appropriate at this point as it may not be a bug)

I honestly tried to fix this on my own for about 6 hours yesterday. I am new to PC gaming since July, so forgive me if I am not using the correct terms.

Problem

I cannot join or have a person join a coop game. It will either infinitely load, or say something of the sort ERROR. I bought the game after its "official release" and I have the most up to date version.

I researched and tried the most common solutions I could find.

-disabled firewall
    -disabled firewall/antivirus
    -restarted computer
    -uninstall game and restarted computer
    -clear steam cache of cookies and local files
    -did not have my coop game password protected
    -attempted to join a different persons coop game
    -attempted to join via IP address
    -attempted to make a server via the steam tool (server did not show up in game)
    -tried making a server via the steam command tool (I am not computer literate so it wasn't working for me)
    -checked to see if it was just my internet (played another multiplayer game with no issues)
    -called a friend who owned the game who is great at computers( he also had no luck, he suggested changing the game to an earlier version, which I don't think is a good idea)

As of right now, I deleted the game, do not have it installed and am still looking online for other solutions. If I could get assistance I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi I'll reply in the steam thread you created.

Shaney D likes this.