Corwin's World

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Neil, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Neil

Neil Captain

I will soon be setting a password for my server. If you play on it regularly please ask me in game for the password, or PM me here. I will probably do this around Thanksgiving. If you have friends in your group you may share it with them.

2. Neil

Neil Captain

Due to a griefer infestation the server is currently down. When it comes back up it will be passworded. Sorry for those who played nice. It seems it only takes a few. For now the server will only be open to a few who have shown themselves trustworthy, and to those who they recommend.

I truly wish I could have left this open to all.

3. DoomyMcDoom

DoomyMcDoom Ensign

Ahoy mate,myself and a couple ppl started playing yesterday on your server due to our last server being shut down to a certain group of duping grievers,would appreciate the pw since we just want to be able to play for more than 3 days.please message me mate.
    thanks.

4. Neil

Neil Captain

Server down until about 9:30 PM MST, 25 Nov. Sorry for the inconvenience.

5. Neil

Neil Captain

Server back up. Sorry about that. I have a weekly game commitment, usually on Thursdays, and the save games are stored there. I've put it on the steam cloud so next week I should be able to use my laptop. My game was lagging the server so I thought it best to shut it down for the duration. Thanks for your patience and I will try to give more warning when taking it down (should only be for weekly updates to windows).

6. Neil

Neil Captain

Be advised that the server may be down Wednesday evening for a few hours, about 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM Mountain time. It will usually be down the same hours each Thursday (except this week).

Also, I am no longer adding new players. If that changes I'll announce it here.

7. Neil

Neil Captain

Well, folks, it seems the game may be corrupt to the point where even though the server is up it is not showing in the list. Plus orbit seems to loose connection and crash the game. At this point, unless I can find an answer, the only option is to totally restart. I'd rather put that off until the next update in hopes that these issues have been solved.

EDIT: Well, it's showing again, but I think the orbit issue still exists.

8. Neil

Neil Captain

Password modification due to bug in 4.1: change "@" to "a'.

Also, with 4.1, and the fact that the current game seems corrupt, I'd like to suggest we start over with a clean game. I realize many have done a lot of work so I'll leave it up to all of you. Please let me know what you think.

9. Neil

Neil Captain

A reminder for all players that the server will be down today staring about 5:45 until about 9:30 mountain time. will have it back up as soon as possible.

10. Neil

Neil Captain

Server is back up.

11. Neil

Neil Captain

Server now up on 244.

12. Neil

Neil Captain

I will be re-starting a brand new session for Corwin's World using the 5.0 release either tonight or tomorrow. I will retain the old database and will *attempt* upon request to copy any structures or ships to the new server. As identifying them in the database is tricky you might want to create a blueprint (not sure if that even works from survival mode PVP and if so where the blueprint is stored). You might want to take a screen shot of your object to help me identify it.

The new server will NOT be passworded, and I will set all playfields to no playerkill. I do not actively monitor what goes on there, but hopefully with the anti-griefing set up within the game things won't get too out of hand. Bottom line, play at your own risk!

13. Crazy Mick

Crazy Mick Ensign

Thanks for the update Neil. I created a blueprint of my Capital Ship but not my SV. If it is possible to recover my capital ship that would be great. If not we start over, done that before.
    Thanks again and have a Happy Holiday!