create API which is more friendly for not-gamedev developers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Polnoch, Dec 2, 2020.

?

Is it good idea?

1. Yes, we need Python and JS API SDK

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, we need Python API SDK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, we need js API SDK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, we don't need this sort of things

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (in comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Polnoch

Polnoch Lieutenant

Hi guys,
    I already requested this features before. Want to initiate a discussion again, maybe something changed in your side

There is a small world, in the developer's universe. It's name is "gamedev". This world has it's own technologies, and a little bit outdated with tools which they uses. It's really good world, thanks you, guys, that you created this amazing game.
    But you, guys, you're don't understand, that you're, gamedev, is really small:

[​IMG]

Other world is much, much, bigger. And it uses different stack of technologies. You, guys, have a lot of customers who are developers. And really small part of them are c#/.NET developers.
    What you can do - you can create an API, which is more friendly for devs outside gamedev. Nobody here uses .NET stack (maybe a little, consevative and collapsing right now desktop apps market).
    Personally me - I'll be happy to write to your game for FREE chat bots, web servers (like HWS wrote), etc. But I'm not going to invest my time in the something which I can't put in my CV. As cloud dev, I can't put something in it, which can reduce my market's value. I have to stay focus, like you, gamedev guys.
    So, could you please add in your API support of the most popular languges like python and/or js? You can add a FREE(it not uses your budget, guys!) power of much more bigger programming world, when gamedev is.

Or you can create just REST API, or return back telnet interface.

2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Oh... attack of the Python Cultists incoming...

Taelyn likes this.
  3. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Good graph. It shows that some part of web apps developers could evolve into a Game or VR developer.

Kassonnade likes this.