Create Unreachable Waypoint with Add Map Maker

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by Casey, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Note: This Bug was classified "Not a Bug" and archived so I couldn't reply to clarify why it is a bug. I want to thank Pantera for their comments. I have updated the description to show why this is a bug. I've included the response from Pantera at the bottom under History to address their comments.

Build: v1.5.3 3390
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: Singleplayer
    SEED-ID: 59757

If Applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: Add Map Marker Functionality Error

Summary: Create Unreachable Waypoint with Add Map Maker

Description: Create Unreachable Waypoint with Add Map Maker

Steps to Reproduce: Take CV into space. Press 'M' to open Map. Click the System Map. Right click on a planet and enter "Newly Created Mark". Important step: In the left coordinate field, remove two or three digits at the end of the coordinates (this moves the marker off of the planet or any star system). Click "Show on HUD" and "Waypoint". See first screenshot. Press "Accept".

Additional info from original bug report: Note in the Map Markers tab, the panel is now blank (another bug reported separately). See screenshot 2. Click the Info tab and click back to the Map Markers tab. The original Map Marker is there, but not the Map Marker we just added. See screenshot 3. Click the Galaxy Map and bring up the Map Markers. The Map Marker is not there either. See screenshot 4.

Close map, and look around until you find your map marker. See screenshot 5. Not the Map Marker is not on a planet or star. There is no way to select the Map Marker in the Map Marker Tabs or on the Maps, so not possible to warp to, delete, etc.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, and other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Screenshot.jpg - adding the New Map Marker.
    Screenshot2.jpg - Showing empty Map Marker tab
    Screenshot3.jpg - Showing Map Marker Tab filled again, but does not show new Map Marker
    Screenshot4.jpg - Showing Map Marker Tab in Galaxy map, but does not show new Map Marker
    Screenshot5.jpg - Shows the New Map Marker as a waypoint
    Screenshot6.jpg - Screenshot 1 from Pantera
    Screenshot7.jpg - Screenshot 2 from Pantera

History:

Bug was classified "Not a Bug" and archived so I couldn't reply to clarify why it is a bug. Pantera replied with the following:

Casey said:
    . In the second screenshot it shows 136.6 LY away.

Pantera: With the stock configs the max range you will have is 30LY so you will need to jump to closer stars within 30LY until you get close enough to the star you want to go to.

Casey said:
    I was unable to figure out how to target it, warp to it, or delete it.

Pantera: To "Target" such a marker you need to first be within 30LY, aim at the marker on the HUD & your vessels speed should be over 30/40 ms then press K to trigger the warp.

Pantera:To delete place you cursor over the star & right click when it is selected & use the "Remove" option or in the galaxy map have the "info panel" box checked & on the right side select the map markers option & from that list use the delete option:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021