Creating standalone software tools

Discussion in 'Empyrion API' started by Yagar, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Yagar

Yagar Lieutenant

I'm thinking about creating a few standalone software tools for Empyrion players (like a blueprint viewer or planetary map tools, etc. ...), but I'm not sure if the existing API will support projects like this. As far as I understood so far, the API is for creating game mods instead of standalone tools.

Did anyone try to do this? Is there any support in form of libraries etc.? (I'm usually working with Visual Studio, C#)

zaphodikus likes this.
  2. Yagar

Yagar Lieutenant

Picking up this idea... Does anyone have tips or ideas?

3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

4. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

There was a person/group working on a way to convert blueprints from other sources into Empyrion blueprints, i dont know how far they got but they were decoding blueprint files to see how they are built. I assume this means they were unable to find a library to do all this hard work for them.

A long time ago there was a program, that might still exist, that read thru all the yaml files to get lists of all the available settings and used that data for dropdown menus in a program that wrote playfield.yaml files. instead of writing raw yaml, you just use dropdown menus to build entire playfields. That program used the library Assembly-csharp.dll

zaphodikus, Myrmidon and Yagar like this.