Fixed Creative Rotation Tool doesn't rotate around center. [5944]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Dramegno, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

Mode: (Creative)
    Mode: (Singleplayer)

SEED-ID: (Not Seed Specific)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: (NO)

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (Creative Tools )

Summary: when using the rotation tool it seems to rotate oddly.

Description:
    I didn't see this listed in the Known issues section of the post in the read before reporting thread, so I am sorry if this is an old known issue. When rotating a pasted selection it seems to become off by one block from the original orientation in the direction that the rotation tool was used.

Steps to Reproduce: Go into creative mode and make a selection (I noticed this issue while making an sv) copy/cut then paste.
    Take that selection and use the rotation tool to flip/rotate it 180 degrees and observe that the green bounding box is one block off from its original position.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    didn't include any pics since it would be hard to tell what is going on.

2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

"Rotation Tool" ?

Are you talking about the different arrows on the axis, where one set are curved arrows? Not the "Rotation Tool" setting on the "Multi-Tool" ... right?

3. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

the creative tool version so yes the one with the curved arrows. I am not talking about the multi-Tool rotate function.

4. Dramegno

Dramegno Commander

I decided to add some pictures of this issue in case my descriptive skills are lacking.

Original position
    Orbit Builder_2019-01-26_10-49-16.png

Position after hitting the highlighted arrow twice (180-degree flip) Orbit Builder_2019-01-26_10-49-11.png

This also appears to happen regardless of which direction it is flipped too. Also hitting the highlighted arrow two more times puts the selection back where it was originally.