Creative server issues

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by OutlawCecil, Jan 31, 2018.

1. OutlawCecil

OutlawCecil Lieutenant

I run a semi-popular (oh-so-rare) creative server and I have multiple issues that have always bugged me. Any information any of you have on fixing these would be great. I don't believe most of these are game bugs, just my ignorance of how things work which is why I'm posting this here.

Issue #1:
    In creative, turret ai is off by default but I get many people who want to do battle testing. I then have to login to the server, go to that playfield, and run the command "ai on" to get turrets to fire. Later (I'm guessing when the playfield unloads) ai is turned off again. Is there any way I can leave ai on for some or all playfields?!

Issue #2:
    Apparently in creative, your starting inventory can't be changed? I've read all the documentation on how to use FixedPlayerStart to change your initial pack and in creative, nothing seems to be changeable. Most importantly, people start without a suit on and are confused why the jetpack won't work. I've tried everything... adding it to starting inventory and changing the "Spawn: EscapePod" to other spawn types (again, doesn't seem to change anything). I also have no idea if it'd be SubMode: Normal or Empty??? since it's creative so I have tried both. Is this all just disabled for creative?

Issue #3:
    At some point, all players started getting errors when opening their area map. Often times if you are in space, it will show the planet you were on last. I've done a complete wipe of the server including player files and somehow the bug is still there. I'm guessing the bug is in one of the files but not sure what would cause this. It's mostly just annoying, but still. I've checked integrity of files on the server many times.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    zaphodikus likes this.