crediting prefab blueprints?

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by CrimsonJackel, Sep 23, 2019.

1. CrimsonJackel

CrimsonJackel Ensign

So, some of my favorite things to do is take and update various blueprints, mostly for fun, I rarely reupload them because I dont often think Ive done enough work to justify reuploading them as an "updated version". Mostly what I do is just add a few things to make them more interesting to my specific needs and then store the blueprints for my private use only, or rarely only for friends. Recently, I took one of the prefab blueprints, specifically CV prefab tier 1, and have converted it into a compact cv for the purpose of a CV capable of fitting inside a hanger, but capable of all the usual luxuries one would find in much larger CVs. It has everything one could possibly want, even a new name, but despite being one of the few I uploaded and want to make a public blueprint, I dont know who created the original because the prefabs dont actually show that. Im of the opinion that this is a crime, but moving on....

So, two questions, would it be possible for prefabs to actually show the ID of the person who created the original? and if its not as easy to display that info, does anyone know who created the original CV tier1 prefab (not the tier1a) If you have a link to the workshop blueprint, that would be fantastic.

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

I believe (but iam not 100% sure) that one (CV Tier 1) got created by us and isnt on the workshop

In the static page you can see the originial creator

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

*Statistics Page, bottom corner, is where the creator's name appears.
    Though the official prefabs need to be updated. A lot of them have broken textures, broken colors, replaced blocks because they're so old. Obstructed thrusters too, if the old ship submission rules are anything to go by, that's a no-go now.

4. CrimsonJackel

CrimsonJackel Ensign

Ill have to look closer and see if I can find it. I didnt see it last time, but I was also trying to get ready for work at the time and eating breakfast, so I admit to being a bit distracted by food XP