PLZ Retest and Re-Report Crosshair tooltip text doesn't always fade out completely

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Garaman, May 30, 2021.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 3366
    Mode: Survival / Creative
    Mode: Single Player / Multiplayer

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Minor

Type: HUD

Summary: When you point your crosshair at a piece of equipment and hold it there, the tooltip that appears sometimes does not fade out completely.

Description:
    I've been noticing that the equipment tooltips displayed on the HUD when you look at objects sometimes remain on screen as a very faint gray. It does not happen all the time, and I could not figure out a 100% way to reproduce it. They do clear correctly when you look away from the equipment so this is only a very minor issue, but it is occasionally noticeable against dark textures.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Load the attached creative save game. The CV in front of you has a retracted turret on the roof. Position yourself in front of the cockpit as shown in the image below.
    3) Move forward until your crosshair is on the turret and the tooltip appears
    4) Hold the crosshair on the turret until the tooltip fades out
    5) If you do not see a faded text, move the crosshair off of the turret to clear the tooltip and repeat steps 3 and 4. It seems to occur at about a 50% rate for me.

upload_2021-5-30_14-40-52.png

Zoomed:
    upload_2021-5-30_14-41-45.png

Attached Files:

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.