Custom Playfields by Vexray

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Vexray, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Vexray

Vexray Captain

====Update 9/1/16====
    Added New Planet Seranis to downloads
    ==================

====Update 8/22/16====
    Added New Planet Alphine added to downloads
    ===================

====Update 8/16/16====
    Alot of people have requested a sector file, Since i didnt have an accurate one with ONLY these new planets, I decided to release the files for my server. The contents are about 60 megs, will contain All of my new planets, some unreleased on the forums as a couple of them im not the orriginal creator (Kahl, Orthos, Vyrdis 1 are created by another person whoms name escapes me, i will credit him as soon as i find it again!)

This package also contains 5 of my POIs i created for my server, included in the custom playfields labeled (Lorien Contested/Lorien Defended/Lorien Raiding) you can find these endgame POIs on the far west side of the map.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5LhkC1_KDafUm5xUVdjOE1YNFU/view?usp=sharing
    =====================

===Update 8/11/16===
    You can now create your own planets using my mastersheet to help ease the process and speed. This sheet can be found here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/vexrays-planet-creation-mastersheet.7080/
    =================

Over the course of the next few weeks, My server is undergoing a large expansion. Ive been in the process of building quality custom planets now ever since I was introduced to it by another one of our members here. I wanted to share a few screenshots and potentially planets with other players who may want to include these into their servers as well.

Lumia - Scarab Homeworld Conquered by Lorien Federation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mios 1.0 - The Melting Planet (Pre-Cataclysm)

[​IMG]

Mios 2.0 - Cold Inferno (Post-Cataclysm)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Vulca - Ancient Savannah

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aeris - The Shattered Marsh

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dalos - Wasteland of the Lorien Federation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Update 7-27-16 ::::

Ive added more planets and will now release the collective pack of my playfields for testing. REMEMBER: These planets are considered "Alpha" stage and are AS-IS, they are stable, they work like any other playfield however due to the lack of any real information, I may have missed a plant or two here and there in generation, Creatures are mostly default. Please leave feedback so i can attempt to fine tune these appropriate to the needs of our players =D

======================
    Note:
    Images of these can be found in my bumped post, they limit the images to 20 per post sadly
    ======================
    Ovus - Coral Reefs

Vyrdis - Methane Giant

Mordica - Arctic Glaciers

Andromeda - Misty Shores

Sorry for the wait and I hope you guys enjoy! =D

Link Below~

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Dreuseff, Quarior, tehmashby and 23 others like this.
  2. Cavadus

Cavadus Commander

Just started on the serving. Liking it a bunch already!

3. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Really sweet looking !!!

4. Spikaner

Spikaner Lieutenant

Nice, pls share to all.

Krenios likes this.
  5. Vexray

Vexray Captain

XD Wasnt expecting to get much attention on this topic. Ill release them in sets, Im working on the rest for my servers big upcoming expansion now, as soon as I feel comfortable with how they handle on a live setting ill start releasing them, I dont want to offer planets that might be laggy or broke somehow so theres alot of testing involved in that aspect. If your really interested in giving them a shot now, send me a private message and ill see what i can do =)

futontorpedo and Krenios like this.
  6. russ

russ Ensign

i would love to host these new worlds on my server i sent a friend request to you on steam please let me know?

7. futontorpedo

futontorpedo Commander

I've dabbled in planet creation but came up with nothing as cool as these. Can't wait to try out the first set you release!! :)

8. DADsKy

DADsKy Ensign

These planets looks awesome! Can't wait to try them out.

This makes me think. That giving us a tool, to make customized planets and solar systems. Would give us infinite playfields, from creative people like you. We could download them from the workshop, and be able to customize our own galaxies and universes to our very own likings.

I think this would be way more fun, than procedurally generated systems. And would make this game stand out from other games.

On the top of that if they add modding to the game later on, people would create everything from vegetation to creatures and building blocks etc.
    This would in the long run, give the developers room for other tasks, like adding cool game mechanics, and squashing bugs :)

I myself am a 2d/3d artist/animator. and i would definitely make some assets, if there was an easy way of putting them in the game. This game has so much potentiel, and i'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes. :)

Raoh likes this.
  9. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Now that the new planets are live on my server i will introduce the first pack of planets tomorrow.

AK90 and futontorpedo like this.
  10. AK90

AK90 Ensign

I would very much like to have these on my private server :D

11. TK85

TK85 Captain

Very cool these planets!

12. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Hey guys! Sorry its been a few days, THere were a couple oops'es that were found on the planets i need to fix before i make them public, i dont want to give you guys product that doesnt live up to expectations! Give me a little longer and ill have them out =D

13. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Update 7-27-16 ::::

Ive added more planets and will now release the collective pack of my playfields for testing. REMEMBER: These planets are considered "Alpha" stage and are AS-IS, they are stable, they work like any other playfield however due to the lack of any real information, I may have missed a plant or two here and there in generation, Creatures are mostly default. Please leave feedback so i can attempt to fine tune these appropriate to the needs of our players =D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ovus - Coral Reefs

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Vyrdis - Methane Giant

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Mordica - Arctic Glaciers

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Andromeda - Misty Shores

Sorry for the wait and I hope you guys enjoy! =D

14. Roachy

Roachy Ensign

Brilliant, thanks so much for sharing with the community, they look great. I've been working on my own pack of new planets with customized Alien POI's as well. I will follow your contribution by releasing them when I feel they are ready.

Thanks again.

15. Roachy

Roachy Ensign

One question though Vexray if you don't mind? Did you work out WHAT plant name is Aloe Vera?!??

LOL, this one still has me stumped.

16. Vexray

Vexray Captain

Yes, its the DesertPlant02 i beleive was what its called.

17. Vexray

Vexray Captain

I have my server running all current released planets ive made as well as a bit of custom POI to fit the lorien / scarab theme, if you plan on releasing custom POI planets youll need to make sure you have a copy of the POI blueprint in the collection

18. Roachy

Roachy Ensign

Yup, will be starting the POI BP transfers soon. Thanks for the heads up though.

19. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Brilliant job mate they look fantastic, a taste of what the planet and galaxy generator are going to do later on, well done.

20. TK85

TK85 Captain

I started a new game with new planets!

Thanks for sharing!