Custom Starting Wreckage?

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by zztong, Oct 14, 2017.

1. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I've made a custom POI, denoted the Blueprint as Wreckage, and put it's epb file into the Prefab folder of my scenario. Yet, when I test the scenario, I still spawn into one of the random Wreckage BPs from the main game.

How do I specify which BPs should be in the random Wreckage Group for my scenario?

Or, can I eliminate the random BP and just specify the starting location's BP?

FixedPlayerStart:
    - Mode: Debug
    Pos: [ -596, 104, -1063 ]
    RotY: 125
    - Mode: Survival
    Spawn: Structure
    Structure: "Wreckage"
    Armor: ArmorLight
    Items: [ "EmergencyRations:2, Pistol, 50Caliber:500", "#FreshStart: EmergencyRations:2" ]

Structure: "Wreckage" refers to...

POIs:
    Random:
    - GroupName: Wreckage

... right?

2. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

For your custom Yaml file you need to specify the BP group name (and not the BP name).

So once you created your bp, and named it, double click on it to open the screen where you can add the group name.

zztong likes this.
  3. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

Oh, so its not so much that I put it into the "Wreckage" group as make my own "MyWreckage" group and change the playfield.xml to use my group.

So I guess a local "Prefab" folder doesn't replace the game's "Prefab" folder. It is visible in addition to the game's folder.

4. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

If you added it to the games wreckage group it randomly selects a prefab out the group

If you want it to use your wreckage BP everytime, it's best to rather create a new group with just your BP in it

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    zztong likes this.
  5. ZzzSmileYzzZ

ZzzSmileYzzZ Lieutenant

Been trying the same, create a new base and named the group name to "StarterBase" and when I'm trying to spawn it into a new game it doesn't spawn at all.

I add my base prefab into the folder Prefab of the default game :
    (C:\My Games\Steam\Launcher\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Prefabs)

and also into the prefab folder in my scenario
    (C:\My Games\Steam\Launcher\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Scenarios\*****\Prefabs)

that I'm making and still doesn't spawn. I try replacing the "Wreckage" with it into the playfield file with no success, even try to spawn it into a fixed location in the map and still no spawn.

I use this website to help me out: https://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Create_and_insert_customized_POIs

Cheers,

6. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

So rename the BP boogy or something.
    Bring up BP and set group name to banger or something.

On yaml delete the word wreckage and put banger.

Make sure that theres a personal container in your new POI as the yaml has setting to put stuff into one of those, if its not in the build you will likely throw an error.
    Also TPers are problematic on starters, can be done but over complicates things when you get bugs.
    [ teleporters ]

Remember to set it to 0000 !

zztong likes this.
  7. ZzzSmileYzzZ

ZzzSmileYzzZ Lieutenant

Ty, you were right the groupname was bugged, I change it to Starter_Cabin and it's work fine now.

However still got an issue with the fixed location I still cannot made it spawn in specific location as they do with the admin base or the base in the creative world on Akua.

Cheers,

8. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Glad you got it working.

For fixed location POI's you need to change the fixed location to true in the top section of the yaml file

9. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Im not sure if you mean player location or what SilvRav means.

So as SilvRav answered the first I will attack the second.

To make a player spawn where you want them to inside a POI or wreckage, take the POI into creative and add a PLAYER SPAWNER, there the blue ones in creative menu and place it where you want the player to first spawn into game, you can paint the spawner or use a flat type so its completely unseen.

zztong likes this.
  10. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

Thanks for the follow-up. I did mean what SilvRav meant. I had already put a player spawner into my starter-POI, but my starter-POI wasn't showing up. I had assumed putting my own "Wreckage" into the Prefab folder would mean the game's Prefabs wouldn't be visible, but in hind-sight the way it really works is better.

I've not yet had a chance to actually try it in my own scenario dabblings. Perhaps I'll get a chance to try it on Tuesday night.

11. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

Looking back, the confusion comes from the YAML. The Markup Language doesn't convey the rules or the logic, just the values. Ideally I'd get the rules from documentation or the YAML would be generated by some application. But that's the nature of stuff under development. The rules change, the tools are primitive.

So, I wasn't looking at "Wreckage" as something I could customize. That is, make a "MyWreckage" group. I had assumed "Wreckage" was a keyword, not a variable or value. As I read through the YAML, I face lots of those "what is this" questions.

12. ZzzSmileYzzZ

ZzzSmileYzzZ Lieutenant

Yea it was it but the random stuff don't spawn anymore, I guess if you go Fixed you got to go all the way.

thx,

Cheers,

13. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I can confirm now that SilvRav's answer did resolve my question. I did successfully spawn into the intended wreckage.

SilvRav likes this.