CV attached HV working?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inyo, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Inyo

Inyo Ensign

Dear Community
    I made a compact CV just for pvp, also made it to be attacheable HV underside. Im activating the HV from the registry, but its not shooting. Maybe y miss something. I post the pictures

Attached Files:

2. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

Do you want that the HV shoots at enemies while docked at the CV? I don't think that's possible.

3. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Captain

It waqs possible in former releases and got removed somewhere in the 5.x era. It was exploitable, so we were told. Another point on the PvP-devotion-list, I think.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

It's not possible. Docked vessels won't fire automatically.

And it's not a restriction because of pvp, the devs don't want pve'rs to have unlimited turrets either.

rainyday likes this.
  5. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Captain

Maybe. But it was initiated by the scream in PvP community; i can remember this very well. First they capped the max turrets per structure definitely by PvP request (flying bricks, that sort of thing), then somebody found out how to circumvenbt this limit. Cut, then.

6. Inyo

Inyo Ensign

yeah, actually that was my plan, but i see now its not awalyble. So hard to raid a complete planeted owned by players. Any suggestions against arti turrets? fast SV?

7. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Captain

My only objection to having "live" attached vessels is that it tends to reduce CV design to one overwhelmingly successful configuration. I also think that it would put a hit on frame rates in an MP battle.

8. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Well if you up against an army your best option is to assemble your own army....

Create a faction recruit players and set up a planet raiding event

Best time you'll ever have I can assure you...

Just don't bring any ireplaceable values you don't want to lose

martian101 and Inyo like this.
  9. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Figure out if they have any gaps in their turret coverage. If so, drop a base there, set up your own artillery turret and manually target blocks on the nearest base that are just in range. Then expand your base a bit, move up the turret and repeat (basically, the same tactics you'd use with siege tanks in StarCraft). The splash damage will progressively destroy the structure without the enemy turrets activating (unless, of course, one of that faction's players logs in and decides to either do the same thing to you, or come say "hi" in an HV or SV). Alternately, dig a depression from the air with an expendable ship, drop into it, spawn a mining HV, and mine your way over to their base. Both of these options depend on you having quite a bit of time to work unimpeded, of course.

Inyo likes this.
  10. Inyo

Inyo Ensign

Thanks for all the tips guys, im getting bored, and tired of raiding alone, so i guess, im gona go and dig some community. im kinda older player, 31 yo. Good in english, und ein kleine deutch :)

binhthuy71 likes this.